Conquer Club

September Challenge -- A Boat Afloat

An area holding all of the past and current Monthly Challenges.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: September Challenge -- A Boat Afloat

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Blitzkrieg Frank wrote:
Blitzkrieg Frank wrote:
loutil wrote:
molespe wrote:Well, I got more than 900 points, so it is not impossible. You need to be lucky, of course, but a challenge needs to be a bit...challenging to make it interesting

It also helps when you have some players deadbeating in your games and some rather strange bombing patterns :)...

Lou 9 wins on this map with 3 players with a game count of 19 is possible. The challenge needs to be a little hard so everyone doesn't achieve the medal. I'm at 15 games and have done it =D> =D> =D> =D> All hail the great blitzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

According to the scoreboard, you haven't made it yet.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Blitzkrieg Frank on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:14 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Blitzkrieg Frank wrote:
Blitzkrieg Frank wrote:
loutil wrote:
molespe wrote:Well, I got more than 900 points, so it is not impossible. You need to be lucky, of course, but a challenge needs to be a bit...challenging to make it interesting

It also helps when you have some players deadbeating in your games and some rather strange bombing patterns :)...

Lou 9 wins on this map with 3 players with a game count of 19 is possible. The challenge needs to be a little hard so everyone doesn't achieve the medal. I'm at 15 games and have done it =D> =D> =D> =D> All hail the great blitzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

According to the scoreboard, you haven't made it yet.

Check it again doom :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lieutenant Blitzkrieg Frank

Postby Blitzkrieg Frank on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Blitzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all hail the great blitz!!!!!!!!!

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:09 am

I could make it in under the 19 games, I just need one win, but I'm not going to waste my time considering spamming the games would get me closer to a medal than playing well.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:24 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I could make it in under the 19 games, I just need one win, but I'm not going to waste my time considering spamming the games would get me closer to a medal than playing well.

Not so sure about that. Of the 14 people who have qualified for a medal so far, 10 have done it in the 19-games or under and only four through the volume method. Empirically, therefore, it seems that the precision method gets you closer to a medal, faster.

Personally, I think that playing 19 games, even perfectly, is easier than playing 200 games, even badly.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:45 pm

This challenge already has 3 times the medallists of August, even though the %chance is much lower.

I think that's because WWII Poland has a very specific set of strategies. On one hand, the doors have really been opened to farming this particular strategy. On the other, many players have hopefully become better at this map and by being farmed, have learned what they did wrong and can improve. I can say that I still have no idea how to win a game on this map, I only know how to capitalize on imbalanced 3-player situations.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:35 am

DoomYoshi wrote:This challenge already has 3 times the medallists of August, even though the %chance is much lower.

I think that's because WWII Poland has a very specific set of strategies. On one hand, the doors have really been opened to farming this particular strategy. On the other, many players have hopefully become better at this map and by being farmed, have learned what they did wrong and can improve. I can say that I still have no idea how to win a game on this map, I only know how to capitalize on imbalanced 3-player situations.

The majority of players don't have a clue, especially the ones spamming games.

@Duk, you missed my point. To win the best medals available you have to spam games, otherwise you have no chance.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Blitzkrieg Frank on Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:57 am

You still have to be able to win the game no matter who you play and how good they are. Maybe in future why don't you cap the games. Eg in this challenge cap the games anyone can enter to 19 if you don't get the 900 pts after you have played 19 games then you miss the medal. That eliminates the spamming no idea type of games and players.

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Blitzkrieg Frank wrote:You still have to be able to win the game no matter who you play and how good they are. Maybe in future why don't you cap the games. Eg in this challenge cap the games anyone can enter to 19 if you don't get the 900 pts after you have played 19 games then you miss the medal. That eliminates the spamming no idea type of games and players.

Having players spam games ensures that everyone can find a game in the challenge. It's extremely helpful - especially to players who don't start until the last couple weeks. In the first few challenges, there were almost no games near the end.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby ooge on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:09 pm

well it shows you how full of pooh I am.as soon as the players take their turn I will have 9 wins in 19 games.Did not think I had a chance and as is the case with me,I did better as the games went a long.
Captain ooge

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:19 pm

ooge wrote:well it shows you how full of pooh I am.as soon as the players take their turn I will have 9 wins in 19 games.Did not think I had a chance and as is the case with me,I did better as the games went a long.

Congrats!
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby ooge on Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
ooge wrote:well it shows you how full of pooh I am.as soon as the players take their turn I will have 9 wins in 19 games.Did not think I had a chance and as is the case with me,I did better as the games went a long.

Congrats!

Thanks and thanks to the player who joined the game that I needed to fill with 3 hours remaining.
Captain ooge

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:38 am

ooge wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks and thanks to the player who joined the game that I needed to fill with 3 hours remaining.

Nice work mate. I've stopped with these challenges now, they're not worth the effort.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby ooge on Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:47 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
ooge wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Congrats!

Nice work mate. I've stopped with these challenges now, they're not worth the effort.

I hear you..but I have 99 medals and I had no idea were number 100 was going to come from.now I do.
Captain ooge

Postby Blitzkrieg Frank on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:41 am

whens the challenge medal come for this????? i see heaps of games still need to be filled do we have to wait for those games to fill and be played????

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Blitzkrieg Frank wrote:whens the challenge medal come for this????? i see heaps of games still need to be filled do we have to wait for those games to fill and be played????

First week of November.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Blitzkrieg Frank on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:17 pm

Medal time

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:58 am

Blitzkrieg Frank wrote:Medal time

Within the week, I promise.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:44 am

18 medals handed out.
Major DoomYoshi

Previous

Return to Monthly Challenges