Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 114] Moving Along

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 114] Moving Along

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:30 pm

Image Image

Welcome to the 114th edition of the CC Dispatch!..

This has definitely been a month of new programs. Some of the highlights:

DoomYoshi's Monthly Challenge series has gone through the next step in its evolution. If you participate in this month's Southern Eclipse Challenge, you'll find it's the first one with automated scoring. It's hard to believe that only 14 months have gone by since Doom launched the idea as a completely unofficial and unauthorized initiative. Now, it is one of the core events on the site.

On March 25th, Dhallmeyer announced the newest SoC Academy initiative, the new Guide Program. As Dhallmeyer explains, "the purpose of these games is to familiarize new players with the site and help them get started. We're looking for people with a heart for helping, 1v1 prowess not required."

On the night of April 9th - 10th, the server was down for 2 hours while some essential work was done on the CC database. A lot of it is administrative stuff that isn't very interesting to write about, but some of it had to do with reconfiguring the database to help increase speed and reduce lag, which I know will please many people!

Sempaispellcheck, former head of the Entertainment Department and now the newest Tournament Director, is launching a new program. It's big, it's ambitious, it's more than just a tournament, and if anyone can carry it off it will be sempai.
FCCFP by Sempaispellcheck
show: FCCFP Details

Just a little more than a week remains until Easter! We will have a mini-issue just before the beginning of Easter weekend to give you more details on all the events.

In this issue:
Swifte and IcePack bring you updates from the clan world. (See Platoon Report, below.)
DaveH, McShanester, and the Tournament Team bring you all the news from the Tournament world. (See War Games, below.)
In the Mess Hall, iAmCaffeine brings you the next installment in the Dispatch Trivia Contest, SoC contributor Macbone interrogates two of his former students, and Safariguy5 brings you another Scum Insider's report.

Image Image
ImageImage
Image Image
Use these buttons to get around through the various sections.

Meanwhile, we are still actively seeking more help:
If you would like to apply to join the news team, please click here!...

Please enjoy the 114th edition of the Conquer Club Dispatch! Click the Next Mission Brief to see an announcement about our new schedule.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Platoon Report

Postby Swifte on Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:02 pm

Welcome to another edition of the Platoon Report, where we seek to bring you the latest happenings in the clan world here on Conquer Club!

First order of business this issue: the Clan Directors and Friends have decided how to incorporate the exciting relegation format in to Clan League 7, and sign-ups for Clan League 6 are set to close on March 15th. The Clan Directors are looking for volunteers to be Division Directors. The details are outlined in the post linked, but they include ensuring clans set up, fill, and communicate their games on time, and help maintain the division threads with maps used and other information. It is an important roll and helps the whole event run smoothly, so please consider whether you can help make CL6 excellent.

This edition of the Platoon Report, IcePack brings us the March 15 and April 1 updates to the F400, where a the #1 rank has changed hands. I take a look at who joined a new clan in the month of March, and announce the roster of the new clan Phoenix in my monthly Shakers and Movers column.

Thanks for checking out the Platoon Report - best of luck on the CC battlefield to all our readers.

Swifte
Clan Executive

March 15 F400 Update by IcePack
The F400 is a results based ranking system, based on (almost) all available results that include 12 games or higher. Most league results are reflected within this ranking system, as well as most wars*. (*Unless leagues do not meet some minimum entry requirement criteria, and wars with multiple clans involved).
show

April 1 F400 Update by IcePack
show

March 2014 Shakers and Movers by Swifte
show
Colonel Swifte

War Games [Issue 114]

Postby DaveH on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:53 am

Hello friends, and welcome to your favourite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments, and other stuff in the Tournament scene!

We continue to deliver our news staples with iAmCaffeine's monthly update of Tournament Winners in the recently introduced Monthly Tournament Winners, mcshanester29's latest MTTO Interview with jdean1, my update of TPA happenings in TPA Wrap, and I have also added one of my occasional Tournament Tips which is an update on an earlier article taking account of the recent additions and improvements in game types.

It is with some trepidation that I tackle my first "War Games" issue, though the groundwork that anamainiacks and, before then, Dukasaur, have established, together with contributions from a great team makes it far easier than I anticipated. However, I will still need ideas and contributions for future issues from you guys out there, so contact me!

Good Reading and Good Luck!

DaveH
Tournament Executive

Tournament Winners Update: March '14 by iAmCaffeine
show

Meet the Tournament Organizers: jdean1 by mcshanester29
show

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Tournament Tips #52 by DaveH
show
Lieutenant DaveH

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 114]

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:03 pm

Welcome back readers. We've got another round of trivia, the Scum Insider, and another interview from the SoC.

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

Dispatch Trivia - Round 8 of 10 by iAmCaffeine
show

SoC Graduate Grilling - Janomike and doublediamond by macbone
show

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show
Captain safariguy5

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 114]

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:01 pm

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...

Starting with Issue 115, we will no longer be publishing on our bimonthly schedule. There will be one major issue on the 2nd of every month, and there will be one or more mini-issues in between. If there are no major celebrations planned on CC, the default date for the mini-issue will be the 16th. However, if there are major events happening or major announcements, the date of the mini-issue may be moved to suit the event. In some cases, there may be more than one mini-issue. The main issue, on the 2nd of the month, will be a firm date.

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Dukasaur and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 114] Moving Along

Postby sempaispellcheck on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:34 am

Dukasaur and team (to paraphrase a friend of mine), many thanks for all the incredible work you have done, are doing, and will do to keep us all up-to-date on the many exciting goings-on here on CC - and of course, thank you for helping me get the word out about the FCCFP! :D

Update - for those looking to get into the FCCFP, spots are filling up rather quickly! Only 120 are still available as of this precise moment, so if you want in, get in now while the getting is good! Remember, the longer you wait, the less likely you are to get your favorite country.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby dakky21 on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:17 pm

iAmCaffeine, you missed the 5th answer. Unfortunately, the answer you provided is from Issue 105: viewtopic.php?p=4234131#p4234131 (article Where the CC4 Wars Are by The Voice)

Which is dated 16-10-2013 and not July 18th 2013. I see you copied the article date, but you forgot it is the template date and not the real date. So, if you can't find the answer for 5th question, I think you can't deduct me a point for it. That is just invalid question and I think you should discard it completely (deducting a point from ffraid too).
Captain dakky21

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:Dukasaur and team (to paraphrase a friend of mine), many thanks for all the incredible work you have done, are doing, and will do to keep us all up-to-date on the many exciting goings-on here on CC - and of course, thank you for helping me get the word out about the FCCFP! :D

Update - for those looking to get into the FCCFP, spots are filling up rather quickly! Only 120 are still available as of this precise moment, so if you want in, get in now while the getting is good! Remember, the longer you wait, the less likely you are to get your favorite country.

sempai

... and once again, the link: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=444&t=203811
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Newsletter Issues