Conquer Club

Gifting Premium Membership

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Gifting Premium Membership

Postby ATLBravosfan on Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Hey everyone. I remember seeing a link prior to now for gifting a premium membership but now I cannot figure out where it is. I assume the website still offers this because, why not? If someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. My brother's birthday is quickly approaching and I'd like to get him an awesome gift!

Thanks!
Brigadier ATLBravosfan

Re: Gifting Premium Membership

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:28 pm

ATLBravosfan wrote:Hey everyone. I remember seeing a link prior to now for gifting a premium membership but now I cannot figure out where it is. I assume the website still offers this because, why not? If someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated. My brother's birthday is quickly approaching and I'd like to get him an awesome gift!

Thanks!

On the left side menu, click "Store". It's below the Interaction Menu, the very top thing in the Personal Menu.

Once you're in the Store there are two tabs: "Buy" and "Redeem". Gift certificates are available in the Redeem section, but you can no longer buy gift certificates with cash, you have to buy credits on the Buy side and then convert them to gift certificates on the Redeem side.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby ATLBravosfan on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:06 pm

That's kind of a pain... why would they do that? There is no easy way to convert the credits to a membership without spending more money than is necessary.

Thanks for the reply!
Brigadier ATLBravosfan

Postby PaulatPeace on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:54 pm

I absolutely agree. Why make it difficult to do something nice for someone...while promoting CC? Doesn't make sense!
Field Marshal PaulatPeace

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:54 pm

PaulatPeace wrote:I absolutely agree. Why make it difficult to do something nice for someone...while promoting CC? Doesn't make sense!

The idea is that when you have leftover credits, you'll browse around the store and buy something else. Might be annoying, but it makes good business sense. It's a strategy often used by major retailers.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby macbone on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:57 am

Yeah, I understand the rationale behind it, but I'm not a fan of it, either. I much prefer paying a fixed amount for premium. I might be interested in buying a CC mouse pad or something, I guess, but I'm not going to buy speed game packs or boxes of stars. I might register for a future Conquer Cup, but again, that's a flat rate.

It's like a $20 gift card. You're probably not going to find something that with tax comes to $20. It's different for something like Starbucks. I used a gift certificate last night to get a French vanilla latte and a tiramisu latte (buy one, get one free!). The total was $42, and I was happy to make up the difference with cash. The only thing I'd buy from the store is premium, though. It's not like I'm going to grab a blueberry muffin while I'm there. (Yum, blueberry!)
Colonel macbone

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:01 pm

macbone wrote:Yeah, I understand the rationale behind it, but I'm not a fan of it, either. I much prefer paying a fixed amount for premium. I might be interested in buying a CC mouse pad or something, I guess, but I'm not going to buy speed game packs or boxes of stars. I might register for a future Conquer Cup, but again, that's a flat rate.

It's like a $20 gift card. You're probably not going to find something that with tax comes to $20. It's different for something like Starbucks. I used a gift certificate last night to get a French vanilla latte and a tiramisu latte (buy one, get one free!). The total was $42, and I was happy to make up the difference with cash. The only thing I'd buy from the store is premium, though. It's not like I'm going to grab a blueberry muffin while I'm there. (Yum, blueberry!)

Blueberry muffins are scheduled for release in 2015.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby macbone on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:33 am

They can't get here quickly enough, Duk. =) I don't know if I want to plunk down 534 Conk Credits for them, though. =)
Colonel macbone

Postby TheJonah on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:11 pm

So why does it cost more to buy credits for someone than buying premium? All i want to do is give a gift of premium like i have done in the past.
Colonel TheJonah

Postby Armandolas on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:53 am

TheJonah wrote:So why does it cost more to buy credits for someone than buying premium? .....

This
Colonel Armandolas

Postby WILLIAMS5232 on Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:36 pm

why can't we redeem the stars for premium then?

if you charge money for them, then why are the ones i have useless?
Major WILLIAMS5232

Postby TeeGee on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:32 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:why can't we redeem the stars for premium then?

if you charge money for them, then why are the ones i have useless?

This (buying premium with stars) may happen in the future..it might not also, but it has not been ruled out as far as I know.

They are not really useless, stars can be used for auto tournaments to get higher colors, with red stars entering into tournaments to win gift certificates
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
Field Marshal TeeGee

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Return to Conquer Club Discussion