Conquer Club

Things not to do and say your first mafia game.

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Things not to do and say your first mafia game.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:02 pm

"Sorry Confirmed...was working all day
kinda funny safari guy wants someone killed so soon...hmmmm..makes me wonder

As your cop of 20 years I know who belongs in our law abiding town and who does not. I know the town."

My first game was Sullys "Duality Strikes" I still remember the train wreck I caused.

My first investigation was me to make sure i was not crazy. LOL.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Re: Things not to do and say your first mafia game.

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:19 pm

Ideally one's first mafia game should not be based on members of CC, thereby avoiding a ton of confusion about who is who and sparing the poor mod about 20 messages of questioning.

Of course, I wouldn't know anything about that...
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:38 pm

My first post ever, in Memebase Mafia:

new guy1 wrote:well i get on to read it, but i was late a day or so (dont really know) so by the time i replaced someone it was to page 30, so i read it all but i have to keep going back in order to actually remember all the facts. im mainly just reading what other people write today so that i can make a general thesis.

Now if you tell me I didnt butcher that sentence horribly, I will refer you to an eye doctor :D I only had 3 posts the whole game till I was killed in that 7/8 player fiasco or whatever (where like, 1/3 the players died :D). Good times.

And look at me using thesis, trying to make myself sound smart when I couldnt even take the time to add capital letters. Oh man thats so what I was like 2 years ago.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 pm

I won my first game as mafia by scummarining for the first couple days and then ripping into people over technicalities about whether the words ill or sick are exchangeable.

My second game was much worse. I was the doc and I was paranoid of anyone who suspected me. That's such an irrational fear, it hurts your game.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:55 am

Who was it that voted no lynch with their first post, got immediately lynched, and turned out to be the mafia godfather?

Yeah, don't vote no lynch on Day 1 unless you've gotten some claims or vote pattern or something.
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:02 am

safariguy5 wrote:Who was it that voted no lynch with their first post, got immediately lynched, and turned out to be the mafia godfather?

Yeah, don't vote no lynch on Day 1 unless you've gotten some claims or vote pattern or something.

It wasn't me because I wasn't mafia godfather in my first game and I made it to night 3 before the mafia decided that I was just too good to have mucking up their plans. ;) (Yes that was completely the reason). I did pull the "Isn't no lynch day 1 better for town?" card in my first game, however.

"I'm sorry I'm confused how my kill works. And are mafia supposed to hide from town?" That doesn't happen in 99.9% of games but I do remember something to that effect in one game. It was a very quick lynch.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby rishaed on Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:36 pm

strike wolf wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:Who was it that voted no lynch with their first post, got immediately lynched, and turned out to be the mafia godfather?

It wasn't me because I wasn't mafia godfather in my first game and I made it to night 3 before the mafia decided that I was just too good to have mucking up their plans. ;) (Yes that was completely the reason). I did pull the "Isn't no lynch day 1 better for town?" card in my first game, however.

"I'm sorry I'm confused how my kill works. And are mafia supposed to hide from town?" That doesn't happen in 99.9% of games but I do remember something to that effect in one game. It was a very quick lynch.

The no lynch card on D1 is usually something that people new to the game usually use. it doesn't matter which faction you are in, it seems like you would have more days (and you might) with no lynches, however that doesn't give much information on voting patterns ect. That one is the biggest one IMO that gets peoples attention, or makes for an easy mislynch.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby spiesr on Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:27 pm

I think that may have been me. It wasn't my first game though. (In my first game we went with No Lynch Day 1 so I went into that one assuming it was standard.)
Captain spiesr

Postby Rodion on Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:01 am

DoomYoshi wrote:and then ripping into people over technicalities about whether the words ill or sick are exchangeable.

That interests me. Can you link, please?
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:30 pm

Rodion wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:and then ripping into people over technicalities about whether the words ill or sick are exchangeable.

GAME

Very short read. In retrospect, I didn't really contribute much to that game lmao

Maybe that's my problem these days.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby nagerous on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:07 pm

vote nagerous

that will land you in trouble
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:14 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:

GAME

Very short read. In retrospect, I didn't really contribute much to that game lmao

Maybe that's my problem these days.

I just re-read that game:

nagerous wrote:vote DoomYoshi for not posting yet.. submarining?

called it! probably why mafia offed me night one.

Kernov and drabod wrecked that game
Captain nagerous

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:53 pm

'Guys, I'm totally not mafia FYI.'

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:05 pm

I thought mafia offed you because your name was Nagerous.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Return to Mafia Discussions