Conquer Club

[Foe] Inability to Join Foe Games If Foe Created the Game

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Implement Change in Foe Mechanics as Suggested in First Post

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes : 23

Re: Inability to Join Foe Games Only If Foe Created the Game

Postby chapcrap on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:16 pm

guzmanuk wrote:Spiesr,
it looks like there is a majority that would like this to be changed.
Here is a compromise,
If you are in the Creator/Starter Friends list you can't be excluded from the game by being in the ignore list of another player

I do not agree that it looks like the majority wants this to be changed.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby guzmanuk on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:12 pm

Chapcrap,
The system as it is now is fundamentally wrong, if I start a game I do not want someone else to decide who should join or not.
If anyone feel so strongly about not playing with anyone who is his/her ignore list, he/she can currently start his/her own game, which people in their foe list can't join.
On the hand if I am denied the right to join a game started by a friend, by someone who happened to have joined it before me.
As I said before, there is a compromise solution. If I start a game, anyone in my friends list can join in, even if some else who has previously joined the game has my "friend" in the ignore list.
That will be a fairer way of running CC
Captain guzmanuk

Postby _sabotage_ on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:28 pm

Do not change. Foe is for a reason.

When I realize that I can't join because a foe is playing, (and I havent foed anyone), then I'm happy that I was prevented as I guess one of the players and I hadnt gotten on in the past and will likely have a repeat. Were this not in place. then I would be joining a game with a foe unwittingly, as I don't know who has foed me.

EDIT: Just figured out how to check my foe list and I have foed 4 people, probably with good reason, and another good reason to maintain foe function as is.
Captain _sabotage_

Re: Right to join a game

Postby c c on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:26 pm

i agree with you 100 % and hope they make a change to this policy... son
guzmanuk wrote:I find it very frustrating not being able to join a game posted by a "friend" player, because another player who happened to have me in his foe list joined ahead of me.
I suggest the exclusion rule should be applied only to those in the foe list of whoever started the game.

After all, it is the player who started the game who is asking other players to join in, so it should up to that player to decide who should be not allowed to play.
Major c c

Postby c c on Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:27 pm

so set up a poll and place it into action and let cc players decide
chapcrap wrote:
guzmanuk wrote:Spiesr,
it looks like there is a majority that would like this to be changed.
Here is a compromise,
If you are in the Creator/Starter Friends list you can't be excluded from the game by being in the ignore list of another player

I do not agree that it looks like the majority wants this to be changed.
Major c c

Postby dgz345 on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:54 pm

yea there is one thing wrong with the system if you cant play with your friends.
Lieutenant dgz345
Head Tech
Head Tech

Postby spiesr on Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:59 pm

Can you get around your specific issue using invites?
(Meaning what happens if a Player A starts a game and invites Player B, then after the invite is sent, but before Player B accepts it, Player C joins and has Player B on his foe list. Is Player B able to accept the invite and join the game or not?)
Captain spiesr

Postby _sabotage_ on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Yes, but it doesn't seem to be what this suggestion is about.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby elbitjusticiero on Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 am

This is a good idea. I've been frustrated to no end by those mass-foers who prevented me to join games opened by perfectly reasonable people. Sure, valid concerns have been raised in this thread, but I still think the change would be better than the current state of affairs. So, I voted "yes". I hope this is taken into consideration by the admins.

Have a nice day everyone.
Corporal elbitjusticiero

Postby Nath77440 on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:59 am

You can count on me Guz. ;)
Cook Nath77440

Postby Lord_Bremen on Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:09 pm

The whole point of foe-ing someone is that you don't have to deal with them in-game. This would let you join games with those people. If you don't like the system, then don't piss people off so much.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby elbitjusticiero on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:13 pm

Lord_Bremen wrote:The whole point of foe-ing someone is that you don't have to deal with them in-game. This would let you join games with those people. If you don't like the system, then don't piss people off so much.

Some people get pissed off for silly reasons, including because you eliminated them instead of letting them win. After two years of membership, I'm included in a lot of really long foe lists and I am frustrated to no end by not being able to join games these "mass foers" have already joined. The current system gives the worst people on the site the ability to annoy the best people for free.
Corporal elbitjusticiero

Postby Lord_Bremen on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:03 pm

elbitjusticiero wrote:Some people get pissed off for silly reasons, including because you eliminated them instead of letting them win. After two years of membership, I'm included in a lot of really long foe lists and I am frustrated to no end by not being able to join games these "mass foers" have already joined. The current system gives the worst people on the site the ability to annoy the best people for free.

So you'd allow idiots pissed at you to find games you're in, join them, and suicide on you? Cause that's what foes tend to do.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby drose on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:29 am

> So you'd allow idiots pissed at you to find games you're in, join them, and suicide on you? Cause that's what foes tend to do.

See, that's the perception I guess, and I'm sure that happens -- but I play hard, I play aggressive early, it's just my style. It doesn't always work well, which is why I'm low ranked -- but what's the point of the website *at all* if everyone follows an identical optimal algorithm? We could all just be bots.

I'm now in the same position I was in earlier in the thread.

I want to join http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... 679&gn=&gs[0]=W&np[0]=2&sg[0]=5&sg[1]=4&sg[2]=3&sg[3]=2&sg[4]=1&pt[0]=N&hr=N&so=&page=

I can search up games with Teflon and me in them, and try to guess why I got foed, and maybe try harder to fit in the community, but I don't think there's any way I can contact the guy and say "Really? come on, nobody else is joining, let's have a go...", because that's the point of foeing!

Okay, so I'll find the reason...
Private drose

Postby drose on Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:32 am

Aha!

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=13570499

So I had awful dice, did really badly, tried again, still did badly, persisted and failed again, gave up and suicided to save us both the time and hassle.

No complaints in chat, just a foeing. Ah well.
Private drose

Postby _sabotage_ on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:09 am

So now you want to be able to join games with Teflon because...

1. You are desperate to show him how good you really are

Or

2. How dissatisfied you are that he foed you?

I can't see it being fair to him or the other players whatever the case. In most cases when I thought I should foe someone but didn't, I have ended up foeing them after the next game. Joining a game can be a bit like a blind date, seems like you are suggesting forcing future dates after a failed first one.

If you want an arranged marriage, there are websites to do so, but not this one.
Metsfanmax
Killing a human should not be worse than killing a pig.

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby guzmanuk on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:36 pm

The proposed changed is very simple - only those players in the foe list of the player who created the game are not allowed to join in.

As it is now, if player A creates a game and player B joins in, any player in player B foe list is not allowed to join in. This is fundamentally wrong, because it is giving the right to some one who did not create the game to say who can join in or not.
Captain guzmanuk

Postby _sabotage_ on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:35 pm

Should we also ask the game creator to provide crackers and cheese or does their hosting responsibilities end there?

Do you have examples of games you created that you feel upset by because someone unknown to you wished to join your game but was stopped by a foe?

What if player C wants to join a game but player A has him on foe, isn't this unfair to player C? What if player D joins a game only to find that he hadn't been paying close enough attention to others in the game and accidentally joins one where player B has declared he will unilaterally suicide into him if he ever joins in a game? Isn't that unfair to all players?

What if trolls use this to stalk people who they have lennonesque fascination with?
Metsfanmax
Killing a human should not be worse than killing a pig.

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby guzmanuk on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:18 am

Sabotage
I understand the point you are making, but I believe only a very small minority within CC that would behave as you describe and personally I think they should reported and kicked out.
Captain guzmanuk

Postby Lord_Bremen on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 pm

guzmanuk wrote:Sabotage
I understand the point you are making, but I believe only a very small minority within CC that would behave as you describe and personally I think they should reported and kicked out.

I hit a suicider every other game, minimum. There is no way I want any of them with me in a game, ever, for any reason.

If you can't join, just make a new game. You have to wait a whole two days extra, at most, before it starts.
Major Lord_Bremen

Postby chapcrap on Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:05 pm

REJECTED after discussion with admin. There will be no policy change with the foe list.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby e_i_pi on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:04 am

I'm glad this only took 5 years to get seen to
Captain e_i_pi

Postby BoganGod on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:13 am

Lord_Bremen wrote:The whole point of foe-ing someone is that you don't have to deal with them in-game. This would let you join games with those people. If you don't like the system, then don't piss people off so much.

The amount of douche bags that get pissed off because they get beaten, or they are on a medal hunt so foe someone for that reason..... This suggestion makes sense. Person would still be on foe, so if your in a game with a person on foe, you don't have to read the dribble they write. A lot of people are getting excluded from games they would like to play because some narrow minded twat gets into the game first. That twat has beaten them already on similar settings and has foed them.

I have a pretty large foe list, which I should probably prune at some stage. The majority of foes are multis, or people that just piss me off in the public forums. I don't mind playing against them, I just don't want to read what they write. The foe button for me is the mute button. If I don't set up the game, why should I get to exclude people from the game?
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Foes

Postby bazmac on Fri May 09, 2014 9:26 pm

Hi,
Can the foe settings on CC be changed so that ,
If you foe a player,

They may not join a game you have started
But they can join a game you have entered, and you will be PMed by CC to advise you so you can drop that game if you wish

This would enable people who have been foed by one person, to still join games

Sergeant 1st Class bazmac

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
Corporal bazmac

Re: Foes

Postby Serbia on Fri May 09, 2014 9:39 pm

I wouldn't like this. If I've foed someone for game reasons, then I don't want to ever find myself placed in a game with that player. So if I join a game, and they're not in it, why should I have to drop out later because they join?

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions