Conquer Club

Conquer Club Olympics

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Conquer Club Olympics

Postby Eternal Shadow on Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:48 pm

There is way too much complaining about an event that was meant to be fun, and is a whole lot of fun.

Thank you DoomYoshi for doing this. It must have a lot of work
Sergeant 1st Class Eternal Shadow

Postby Electricksabers on Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:16 pm

tokle wrote:So, the way I understand the rules; This closing ceremony tournament is going to be won by one of those who are paired up with a deadbeat?
There is just on round of 5 games, so the one who wins five games fastest will win. And there is extremely likely there will be at least one deadbeat in the tournament.
So do you have any safe-guards against this situation?

it doesn't say it, but I think it will be 5 rounds like the opening ceremonies.

32-16-8-4-2 - winner

under load its says 5 games - 25 total
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Electricksabers

Postby josko.ri on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:10 am

shaneback wrote:
tokle wrote:So, the way I understand the rules; This closing ceremony tournament is going to be won by one of those who are paired up with a deadbeat?
There is just on round of 5 games, so the one who wins five games fastest will win. And there is extremely likely there will be at least one deadbeat in the tournament.
So do you have any safe-guards against this situation?

it doesn't say it, but I think it will be 5 rounds like the opening ceremonies.

32-16-8-4-2 - winner

under load its says 5 games - 25 total

He meant that scores do not reset between rounds.
that practically means that player who luckily got deadbeat for opponent will both carry on 5 of 5 wins for particular round and also winning in all 5 games in only 3 rounds will give him the best tie breaker record. That player, just because he got lucky to have deadbeat as opponent, will get huge advantage in the tournament.

All that could be solved if Scores Reset feature was implemented, like it was obviously intended to be.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:40 am

Yea, score resets were intended for all the bracket style tourneys.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:03 pm

Yeah, I'm not gonna read all the complaining.... Yoshi you do all this for free right? No huge $100K salary for running all these? Anyway my first time playing in the Olympic events and I thought the whole thing went well! I had some moments of frustration around Speed tourneys taking 4 hours to start and then missing crucial first turns when they did but otherwise I thought it was fun, and thanks for setting all this up!
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:20 pm

This is all I could think after reading through all these pages:

vote josko.ri

Clearly he's trying to build a case against DoomYoshi that just isnt there, it's a clear scum tell.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby josko.ri on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:35 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:This is all I could think after reading through all these pages:

vote josko.ri

Clearly he's trying to build a case against DoomYoshi that just isnt there, it's a clear scum tell.

I am trying to have rules followed how they were written. That is nothing against DoomYoshi.
I respect his time and effort put into this, however it seems like he does not respect other players' time put into it.

I devoted a lot of my free time to enter this event and properly participate in it, just to see that he made my fair participation limited from earning potential 25 points (5 casual tournaments, every of them have maximum of 5 points to earn), of around 100 available points per every player, by not following rules on the way how he wrote them and based on which I had planned my participation strategy.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby hwhrhett on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:20 pm

josko.ri wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:This is all I could think after reading through all these pages:

vote josko.ri

I am trying to have rules followed how they were written. That is nothing against DoomYoshi.
I respect his time and effort put into this, however it seems like he does not respect other players' time put into it.

I devoted a lot of my free time to enter this event and properly participate in it, just to see that he made my fair participation limited from earning potential 25 points (5 casual tournaments, every of them have maximum of 5 points to earn), of around 100 available points per every player, by not following rules on the way how he wrote them and based on which I had planned my participation strategy.

I understood them.. lots of other people did too it seems...
Cook hwhrhett

Postby hwhrhett on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:46 pm

i know that truces arent supposed to be allowed in tourney games but its up to the organizers to either police it or not or allow it or not....

but im seeing ALOT of people in my games making truces, is this allowed in this tourney?
Cook hwhrhett

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:25 am

hwhrhett wrote:i know that truces arent supposed to be allowed in tourney games but its up to the organizers to either police it or not or allow it or not....

but im seeing ALOT of people in my games making truces, is this allowed in this tourney?

Yea, truces are allowed, as long as site rule #2 is followed.

I noticed for the past few days that United States is the top country and Manifest Destiny is the top team... Are the Conquer gods trying to tell us something?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby hwhrhett on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:32 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:i know that truces arent supposed to be allowed in tourney games but its up to the organizers to either police it or not or allow it or not....

Yea, truces are allowed, as long as site rule #2 is followed.

I noticed for the past few days that United States is the top country and Manifest Destiny is the top team... Are the Conquer gods trying to tell us something?

even tho in the tourney handbook it says this:

6.DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY ALLIANCES. Secret diplomacy is against Conquer Club rules anyway, but even public alliances are greatly frowned upon in tournament games. Most tournaments are set up to lead to one winner, and most players will get upset if their methodical lead suddenly becomes double-teamed.
Cook hwhrhett

Postby josko.ri on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:50 am

hwhrhett wrote:Most tournaments are set up to lead to one winner, and most players will get upset if their methodical lead suddenly becomes double-teamed.

To give you an counterargument to this, aren't casual standard games set up to lead to one winner as well? I think yes.

So, if both tournaments and casual games are set up to lead to one winner, then the fact that tournaments lead to one winner is not proper basis to say that there alliances are not allowed while on casual games they are.

In fact, diplomacy and thus making alliances and/or counter-alliances is essential part of the risk game and of any similar type strategic game.
Lieutenant josko.ri

Postby DeluxeHazard on Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:58 pm

Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is when advancing to the next round?
Highest Score & Rank: Colonel-2557
7 Hour Speed Game: 13002606-Won
Played a Conqueror...and LOST
Cook DeluxeHazard

Postby Endgame422 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:32 pm

DeluxeHazard wrote:Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is when advancing to the next round?

Total number of rounds played. It's the same for determining 3rd vs 4th or 1st vs 2nd if there is a tie at the end as well.
Lieutenant Endgame422

Postby DeluxeHazard on Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:48 pm

Endgame422 wrote:
DeluxeHazard wrote:Does anyone know what the tiebreaker is when advancing to the next round?

Total number of rounds played. It's the same for determining 3rd vs 4th or 1st vs 2nd if there is a tie at the end as well.

Ok, thanks!
Highest Score & Rank: Colonel-2557
7 Hour Speed Game: 13002606-Won
Played a Conqueror...and LOST
Cook DeluxeHazard

Postby shoop76 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Actually I believe it's total rounds needed for your wins.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby bazmac on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:02 pm

Is there any way of seeing a full scoreboard, I'd like too see how low my country is lol
Corporal bazmac

Postby jonofperu on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:39 pm

ditto. what bazmac said. :-)
And thanks to DoomYoshi for a great event!
I started off with the intention of joining every tourney... but had to give up when my game load went over 100 and I kept getting messages like:
Round 12 in the Tournament Super Elite 1v1 has started and you are still alive!
You should have 15 new Game(s) on your My Games page.
Good Luck!

:lol:
OK, Olympics tourneys didn't have that many games, but I was in too many other tourneys already and just couldn't keep up with the load!

For Josko, I did post this in the thread within 5 hours of the event starting:
...of course you can join a new casual auto-tournament and a new speed auto-tournament every 24 hour cycle (casual is noon-noon, speed is midnight-midnight).

DoomYoshi replied that I was correct.
Granted, it wasn't that specific in the original post, but several of us were trying to figure out exactly how it was working and it seemed like the questions were answered.
Colonel jonofperu

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm

bazmac wrote:Is there any way of seeing a full scoreboard, I'd like too see how low my country is lol

Sorry, with all the event scoreboards, we have to manage access to information and server strain issues.
Major DoomYoshi

Postby JPlo64 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:05 pm

What happened to the link to the scoreboard?
Major JPlo64
Clan Director
Clan Director

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:12 pm

JPlo64 wrote:What happened to the link to the scoreboard?

It's still available. It's been hidden to make more space for newer events, but you can still reveal it by clicking on the "Other Running Events" link.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby macbone on Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:50 pm

OK, this is weird. I'm playing in one of the Human Catapulting events, and here's our scoreboard here: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=1225

Nolefan5311 and I faced off in the second round and he beat me 2-1, giving us both a 4 of 6 record. I would think that since our records are the same, the fact that he beat me in our series would send him to the next round, but I was the one who advanced, and he was eliminated. I won my first round 3-0, and he won his 2-1. What happened here?
Colonel macbone

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:56 pm

macbone wrote:OK, this is weird. I'm playing in one of the Human Catapulting events, and here's our scoreboard here: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... nt_id=1225

Nolefan5311 and I faced off in the second round and he beat me 2-1, giving us both a 4 of 6 record. I would think that since our records are the same, the fact that he beat me in our series would send him to the next round, but I was the one who advanced, and he was eliminated. I won my first round 3-0, and he won his 2-1. What happened here?

Ties in Score shall be broken by the following rules, applied in order:

1. Percentage of wins in the tournament as a whole
  2. The cumulative number of Game rounds required to win the games they have won in the tournament (winning in less rounds is better)
  3. The order in which the player joined the tournament (first player to join wins)
Major DoomYoshi

Postby morleyjoe on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Sadly, you have been eliminated from the Tournament CC Olympics - Waggle Dancing after Round 1.

Thank goodness....don't know why I ever joined that one...never again on Hive....
show: My CC
Captain morleyjoe

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:56 pm

morleyjoe wrote:
Sadly, you have been eliminated from the Tournament CC Olympics - Waggle Dancing after Round 1.

Thank goodness....don't know why I ever joined that one...never again on Hive....

It's an acquired taste. It is one of the most popular clan maps.
Major DoomYoshi

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives