Conquer Club

Whodunnit? [19 Apr 2014] v10, p10 - Gameplay

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Whodunnit? [19 Apr 2014] v10, p10 - Gameplay

Postby IcePack on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:52 am

Except when those changes need coding updates they don't go from beta site tonbeta map generally
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:01 pm

IcePack wrote:Except when those changes need coding updates they don't go from beta site tonbeta map generally

O gee whiz... then I guess it's just impossible. Never mind.
Negativity & pessimism win/lose once again.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Fuchsia tude on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:53 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Ancient Greece doesn't have a victory condition.

Whoops, you're right, I forgot it's called Peloponnesian War.

degaston wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:I just want to say an Agatha Christie/Clue-type map sounds like a lot of fun. Let's get this one done.

I just played a beta game with Fuchsia tude, and I think not being able to have "Book Him!" as a killer neutral is a big problem. Once someone takes it, the win condition becomes too easy, and it's also too easy to continue to kill an opponent's detectives. There needs to be a cost each time someone wants to go for the win condition.

I could see this change being helpful, yes.
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby iancanton on Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:12 pm

why does the book him! region need to be a killer neutral rather than, say, have decay of 99 troops per round?

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby degaston on Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:07 pm

iancanton wrote:why does the book him! region need to be a killer neutral rather than, say, have decay of 99 troops per round?

ian. :)

The problem, as I see it, is that once you take "Book him!", your opponents can never allow you to have a notepad set until someone else takes "Book him!" from you. This creates a permanent change in the structure of the game where whoever holds "Book him!" cannot be allowed to hold a set. It also makes taking "Book him!" too easy for anyone who wants to take it after the first person. This doesn't make the map unplayable, but I don't like that dynamic existing permanently until the end of the game.

It also doesn't make much sense logically, that you could continue to hold someone even if you no longer have the proof that you used to arrest them. I think it would be possible to make it match the original Clue game, where a false accusation is a losing condition, and I think transformations would allow me to set the neutral troops the the original value, but that would discourage the use of the win condition until one player has an overwhelming advantage. So I thought the best option from a playability viewpoint would be if it was a killer neutral. That way, someone can try to get the win condition, but if they fail, then the game goes back to the way it was.
Brigadier degaston

Postby DrPsyPhi on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:03 am

Sounds good to me. and I agree with the above, there are maps in "active" beta (not the defunct beta site) and in alpha that have plenty of flaws or are less engaging, noteworthy, thoughtful, developed, etc. Add me to the scores of others clamoring for more opportunities to engage with such an inventive and well thought through map!

[with the killer neutral OR decay, just get it in play]
[[I prefer the first, seems more intuitive for those of use who may have only been playing for months instead years... but again, it'll still be easier to figure out than some of the active maps out there![[
Captain DrPsyPhi

Postby DBandit70 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:54 am

I want to see this map on the main site, the creator of this map is still active here, I've contacted him and am hopeful he will want to continue his work on this.

I've been playing this map on the beta site and think this map is very balanced and I think people would love it
Major DBandit70

Postby Mad777 on Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:06 pm

DBandit70 wrote:I want to see this map on the main site, the creator of this map is still active here, I've contacted him and am hopeful he will want to continue his work on this.

I've been playing this map on the beta site and think this map is very balanced and I think people would love it

i would tend to agree, i have only started one game now but it’s barely impossible to really understand all the lien between map section without the map inspect, i’m playing on my phone and not really clear and well depicted which territ is accessing where...the text explain the basics but could be more straight forward IMO.

Otherwise i agree it could be a fun map to add.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Previous

Return to Map Foundry