Conquer Club

The Great War, new gameplay and advices needed

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Great War, update, graphic and gameplay advices need

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Oneyed wrote:ian, Dukasaur,

I have no time now to work on map. I have no energy to work on map. I have no energy to work for CC. and if I will finish this map it will be only because you and some people who posted here they support.
CC made nothing to become better, more attractive. I can not see anything new in CC. I spoke with bigWham about this several times, but to be honest I do not know CCs plan to future.

maybe one time, when I find more time, more energy and any future in CC I will finish it. thanks to everybody for help and support. and special thanks to iancanton and Dukasaur, I like you guys and I wish you better mapmakers as me :)

Oneyed

CC is struggling to survive. Big wham is busy modernizing the UI and adding bells and whistles to make the site more attractive to new users. That's not going to change. That's where his focus needs to be in order for the site to pull through and live.

The foundry and tournaments and clans are for the old-line users. We are not BW's focus because there's not enough of us to make the site successful. Even if he made us all happy there's not enough of us to save the site. So, yeah, sometimes we feel a little ignored or undervalued. We have to make our own little bits of the community to be what we want it to be.

The Great War event is now six months old, almost seven. We have very few Great War themed maps. Europe 1914, Gallipoli, Ottoman, and Trench Warfare. Four maps, and I love them all, but we are only a few months in and already I feel like we've over-used those four. We desperately need more, and I really had high hopes for this one. The Great War observation is what I personally had high hopes for, to make CC relevant to serious wargamers, to people who actually care about history. I need this map as the centrepiece for the event.

Seven months in, the clock is ticking. By November 11th 2018, anything not done will be reduced to irrelevance.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby macbone on Thu May 28, 2015 5:13 am

This is a nice-looking map, Oneyed. I hope you'll have the energy to finish this one.
Colonel macbone

Postby waauw on Thu May 28, 2015 6:23 am

I agree, the map is interesting. Graphically amazing. Gameplay-wise I'm not sure. Could you add the PNG-numbers to make it clear what are starting positions and what are starting neutrals?

What does definitely require some work is the legend. Some parts of it are mere english language mistakes, others seem unnecessarily long and are difficult to understand:
  • The bit about the railway, doesn't need that much explaining. Merely stating "Railways connect" should be sufficient imo.
  • I would add a open line between Sicilian strait and malta; and if you add the word 'bonus' to "Malta is part of the british empire bonus", it could accentuate you need it for the bonus.
  • "There are 2 stages of this map" ==> "There are 2 stages to this map"
  • In the subsequent text you explain both stages. It might be simpler to just add bullet points and not write full sentences. "stage 1: start of WWI" "stage 2: WWI ensues, objective added".
  • "capital stage 1 one-way attacks same capital in stage 2 if:
    -Hold entire surrounding state
    -Hold town in different group"
  • "Once in stage 2: stage 1 is lost, all your territories revert to 99 neutral"
  • On the stage 2 map many similar unclarities are made.

ps: I didn't read everybody's remarks before me, but that might be obvious, so sorry if I repeat something.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Oneyed on Thu May 28, 2015 4:27 pm

macbone wrote:This is a nice-looking map, Oneyed. I hope you'll have the energy to finish this one.

I also hope that and I will finish it. I believe that yes. thanks :)

waauw wrote:I agree, the map is interesting. Graphically amazing. Gameplay-wise I'm not sure. Could you add the PNG-numbers to make it clear what are starting positions and what are starting neutrals?

the maximum of map size limited me, so I made it clear without any "crimps". ok, after weekend I will post PNG numbers.
waauw wrote:What does definitely require some work is the legend. Some parts of it are mere english language mistakes, others seem unnecessarily long and are difficult to understand:
  • The bit about the railway, doesn't need that much explaining. Merely stating "Railways connect" should be sufficient imo.

shorter legend = more space for map :). it is mystery for me to say it in short, correct and clear. also it is also gameplay witch will need new wording. and this is the main problem now, we need to solve connection between map1 and map2. and all problem about this. I think, that there is debate about this in the previous page.
so help with legend is the biggest help for me.
waauw wrote:
  • I would add a open line between Sicilian strait and malta; and if you add the word 'bonus' to "Malta is part of the british empire bonus", it could accentuate you need it for the bonus.

• not bad idea this connection. and I agreed with "bonus".
    waauw wrote:
  • "There are 2 stages of this map" ==> "There are 2 stages to this map"

• map has 2 stages. so not "of"? but maybe the best could be this game has maps/stages. ?
    waauw wrote:
  • In the subsequent text you explain both stages. It might be simpler to just add bullet points and not write full sentences. "stage 1: start of WWI" "stage 2: WWI ensues, objective added".
  • "capital stage 1 one-way attacks same capital in stage 2 if:
    -Hold entire surrounding state
    -Hold town in different group"
  • "Once in stage 2: stage 1 is lost, all your territories revert to 99 neutral"
  • On the stage 2 map many similar unclarities are made.

• I like it more as sentences. the better wording will helps to have it more clear.
    waauw wrote:ps: I didn't read everybody's remarks before me, but that might be obvious, so sorry if I repeat something.

"repeating is mother of wisdom" :) thanks for usefull notices.

the map needs a little change of gameplay. and I believe after this it will be close to finish. ones more thanks to both of you and also to everybody who still has interest here (also after longer time).

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby waauw on Thu May 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Oneyed wrote:
    waauw wrote:[*]"There are 2 stages of this map" ==> "There are 2 stages to this map"

map has 2 stages. so not "of"? but maybe the best could be this game has maps/stages. ?

Yeah "This map has 2 stages" does indeed sound better.
    Lieutenant waauw

Postby iancanton on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:23 pm

oneyed, have u decided how u want the transition to take place, between stages 1 and 2?

ian. :)
    Brigadier iancanton
    Foundry Foreman
    Foundry Foreman

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:02 am

iancanton wrote:oneyed, have u decided how u want the transition to take place, between stages 1 and 2?

still no, ian.

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby iancanton on Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:13 pm

iancanton wrote:
    oneyed wrote:
    Dukasaur wrote:When map2 is entered, no tert on map 1 can attack any other tert on map 1, but all terts on map 1 (not just capitals, but all terts) can attack their analogue on map 2. (Munich on map 1 can 1-way attack Munich on map 2, Ionian Sea on map 1 can attack Italian Fleet on map 2, etc.) In this fashion, a player could gradually bring all his troops from map 1 to map 2 (representing the gradual change from peace-time economy to war economy).

this sounds much better. so after the first player enters map2 all other players must follow him. and when we will hold rule that "only if entire state in map1 is held it is possible to enter map2" this will enforce players quickly conquer state in map1 and move this bonus to map2. because the rest players will enter map2 without any bonus from map1.

Oneyed wrote:once the first player (player A) captured entire state in map1 he can as the first entered map2 and it will be also impossible to make any attacks in map1 and regions from map1 can attack their analogue in map2.

a player can make conditional attacks from one of his own regions, with conditions based on other regions that he himself does or does not hold. can u think of a way to code conditional attacks based on a region that an opponent holds? if not, then it's impossible to prevent map 1 regions from attacking other map 1 regions with a condition that an opponent has a map 2 region.

Oneyed wrote:I can reduce bonus for town+its region in map1, so bonus for state will be more important.
    because regions in both maps are too different, only towns and capitals from map1 could attacks their analogue in map2.

ur modification of dukasaur's idea is that players can enter map 2 through any town or capital when holding an entire state and holding a map 2 region does not make all of a player's map 1 regions turn neutral, am i right? if so, then we can try this.

how can u kill the last player on map 1 if he refuses to move to map 2? we might have to force everyone to move to map 2 by coding a transformation of all map 1 regions to neutral at the start of, say, turn 11.

iancanton wrote:we cannot specify conditional losing conditions. however, as i understand it, we can code a transformation of all map 1 regions to neutral after, say, 5 complete rounds following any player taking any map 2 region, which has a similar effect.

bringing forward two of my posts to this page, so that they're visible for reference, if u decide to use the gameplay that we were discussing.

Brigadier iancanton
    Foundry Foreman
    Foundry Foreman

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:49 am

the entry from map1 to map2 will be "the same" capitals and towns. condition for this will be holding entire state on map1.
    no region on map1 become neutral (even the player entered map2), so player can play on both maps. so the first player who entered map2 will could control also map1 and on map2 he can goes for victory conditions.

here is second possibility.
    the entry to map2 will be "the same capitals". condition for this will be holding entire state on map1.
    when player entered map2 all his regions on map1 become neutral (what number? so high that these region on map1 will be uncaptured?)o
    for any control of map1 player can bombards from capital on map2 all capitals on map1.

there is no need to kill player in map1 from map2, because if any player will not enter map2, the player on map2 can gain victory condition.

what is the most important to prevent that any player will only deploy and deploy and then enter map2. this is a little solved when player can still play on map1 after he entered map2, because he still can control map1.

or we could do in second possibility that after player entered map2 his regions on map1 become no neutral, but 99 players soldiers (but player can not use them for attacks on map1 and also not for reinforce to map2) but this player will still holds his bonus from map1.
    (and maybe if he captured entire state on map2 only after this these regions become neutral).

I do not like idea about "in any round" all regions on map1 become neutral. the map will lost interesting and diversity. each game "will be the same".

Oneyed

PS: when will CC and people behind wake up? do you realy think that BOT games or dancing robots or scenarios will save CC? do you have feeling that this is for what community calls? btw, the community - it is still smaller and smaller... and situation that there was no carthographer is for cry.
    I spoke with bigWham about some things and nothing.
    and now you want to do next new thing (stages) which does not work fine. the first thing - sort and solve all old chaos and hear community.
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby jcmagno on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Wow mate, this map looks great! =D>

...i wanna play it soon!
    General jcmagno

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:33 pm

jcmagno wrote:Wow mate, this map looks great! =D>

...i wanna play it soon!

I will do everything to finish map, but now it is more one CC as me...

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby iancanton on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Oneyed wrote:the entry from map1 to map2 will be "the same" capitals and towns. condition for this will be holding entire state on map1.
    no region on map1 become neutral (even the player entered map2), so player can play on both maps. so the first player who entered map2 will could control also map1 and on map2 he can goes for victory conditions.

i dislike version 1 above. it does not fit the great war theme and does not use stages: it uses two maps which must be shown side by side, which u cannot achieve unless u use supersize, since map 1 remains visible during the whole game.

Oneyed wrote:here is second possibility.
    the entry to map2 will be "the same capitals". condition for this will be holding entire state on map1.
    when player entered map2 all his regions on map1 become neutral (what number? so high that these region on map1 will be uncaptured?)o
    for any control of map1 player can bombards from capital on map2 all capitals on map1.

the gameplay in version 2a above is better. however, it again does not use stages: it uses two maps which must be shown side by side, which u cannot achieve unless u use supersize, since map 1 remains visible during the whole game.

Oneyed wrote:or we could do in second possibility that after player entered map2 his regions on map1 become no neutral, but 99 players soldiers (but player can not use them for attacks on map1 and also not for reinforce to map2) but this player will still holds his bonus from map1.
    (and maybe if he captured entire state on map2 only after this these regions become neutral).

the gameplay in version 2b above is possibly better than in both 1 and 2a because the first player to enter map 2 retains his "entire state" bonus instead of being punished. however, it again does not use stages: it uses two maps which must be shown side by side, which u cannot achieve unless u use supersize, since map 1 remains visible during the whole game.

Oneyed wrote:I do not like idea about "in any round" all regions on map1 become neutral. the map will lost interesting and diversity. each game "will be the same".

u have a good point here, yet, if map 1 does not become neutral, then most games where a player reaches map 2 will have all players on both maps and we'll have turned the great war into science fiction.

here is an idea which uses stages in a way that i believe will work. map 1 and map 2 must have identical regions and be exactly the same size because there is only one set of regions (for example, no berlin 1 and 2, only a single berlin). to map 1, add a non-geographic region called 1917 which starts with n3 neutrals. each game starts on map 1 in 1914. if no-one attacks the 1917 region, then the game finishes on map 1. if someone holds an "entire state" bonus, then he may choose to attack the 1917 region. if he conquers it, then the map immediately changes to map 2: at any given time, only one map is visible and, after 1917 is reached, players cannot travel backward in time, so they can never see 1914 again (1917 has conditional borders such that if 1917 is non-neutral, then it has no borders and can neither attack nor be attacked).

all bonuses are conditional on 1917 being neutral (stage 1 and map 1) or non-neutral (stage 2 and map 2), so the bonuses on both maps are the same, but apply differently because 1917 is always neutral during stage 1 (only map 1 visible) and non-neutral during stage 2 (only map 2 visible). the bonuses will therefore appear to change, despite the xml staying the same (for example, a non-neutral 1917 enables the red army to be attacked to activate the soviet bonus). a victory condition is not essential, since enough other things are happening.

if u like this idea, then start with the current map 1 (except for adding 1917 and red army) and create a new map 2 that is based on the current map 1 (after adding 1917 and red army), but with "different" bonuses.

Brigadier iancanton
    Foundry Foreman
    Foundry Foreman

Postby Oneyed on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:28 am

I understand your points about stages. but I do not much like 1917 region idea. because it could be that map2 will be not use in several games.
    what about this:
    if any player will holds entire state on map1 he can attack the same capital on map2, but he can not makes any moves in map1 more. also transformation gives us possibility to control that player will can not just deploy and deploy his bonus from map1 state to (lets say) capital and then moves to map2. we can set up by transformation that after player conquereds entire state on map1 he can deploy this bonus only 1 more round. then he must go to map2.
    once first player entered map2 all his towns and capitals (from entire state) on map1 will change to higher number of neutrals (so other players will can not conquer his state and can not use railways well). the rest of his towns (so not from entire state) and all his regions (also from entire state) will change to any lower number of neutrals, so other players could continue on map1.
    if the first player on map2 conquered entire state (or different condition) all map1 will change to neutral.
    so player who conquered entire state on map1 could use this bonus for moving to map2.

I think this could add more importance to map2.

what do you think?

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:25 pm

I'm working the next two nights.

I'll have a closer look and comment on Thursday.
    Captain Dukasaur
    Community Team
    Community Team

Postby iancanton on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Oneyed wrote:I understand your points about stages. but I do not much like 1917 region idea. because it could be that map2 will be not use in several games.

what's the reason? it's not because of the 1917 region.

Oneyed wrote:if any player will holds entire state on map1 he can attack the same capital on map2, but he can not makes any moves in map1 more.

Oneyed wrote:if the first player on map2 conquered entire state (or different condition) all map1 will change to neutral.
    so player who conquered entire state on map1 could use this bonus for moving to map2.

these two aren't bad ideas, if combined, but reduce bulgaria to only a +1 bonus maximum on both maps, so that bulgaria does not become the most desirable bonus (stronger than even classic oceania). the larger map 1 bonuses, such as germany, will have a disadvantage because of the large number of troops unable to move to map 2.

the more i think about it, the more i favour an automatic change of map at the start of a fixed turn, for example turn 11. this way, map 2 does not need to become desirable. time passes and this cannot be controlled by any player. the game ought to reflect this.

my argument for stages is thematic and artistic: the concept of stages gives a single standard-sized map of europe that changes instantly, automatically and irreversibly, from a 1914 image to a 1917 image, while the xml is kept relatively simple (only one or two transformations).

if we have a solution which requires two europe maps to be displayed side by side for the whole game, with each player being able to choose when to move to map 2 like a time traveller, then it does not feel so much like acting as a general in the great war, but more like being the hero of a science fiction film who can move between parallel universes. if u need to see two europe maps at the same time, then each map must be smaller than the standard size, otherwise the playing area will be wider than for all other quenched maps (when we started this thread, i did not realise this). the method of moving to map 2 is also likely to be hard to explain and hard to understand.

Brigadier iancanton
    Foundry Foreman
    Foundry Foreman

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:43 am

iancanton wrote:if we have a solution which requires two europe maps to be displayed side by side for the whole game, with each player being able to choose when to move to map 2 like a time traveller, then it does not feel so much like acting as a general in the great war, but more like being the hero of a science fiction film who can move between parallel universes. if u need to see two europe maps at the same time, then each map must be smaller than the standard size, otherwise the playing area will be wider than for all other quenched maps (when we started this thread, i did not realise this). the method of moving to map 2 is also likely to be hard to explain and hard to understand.

Question: both in this post and in the previous post, you use the term "side by side." Now, is this just a convenience of language (in which case "side by side" also includes "above and below") or is this a fixed thing (where they must be horizontally arranged, instead of vertically, because of some technical requirement?)

I ask because it makes a difference. Horizontal scrolling is a pain in the ass for most people, but most of us do vertical scrolling almost automatically.

Now, I think this is not unavoidable:
    iancanton wrote:with each player being able to choose when to move to map 2 like a time traveller, then it does not feel so much like acting as a general in the great war, but more like being the hero of a science fiction film who can move between parallel universes.
    In my mind I am not thinking of it as parallel universes but parallel spheres of influence. I am thinking of map 1 as the home front (the economic, industrial, political, and cultural forces driving the war) and map 2 as the war front (the actual fields of combat.) Admittedly, this is not actually what is drawn on the map, but it is the way I've reconciled them in my mind.

Maybe I'm seeing the map as I want it to be, rather than as it really is. :lol:

Still, seeing the map as I do does allow for the possibility of playing both maps simultaneously. The High Command needs to consider both the background (economic and political forces) as well as the foreground (military deployments.) If they can be stacked vertically, not horizontally. It will still require a supersize stamp, but given that the foundry bureaucracy has been pretty much shattered I don't think we need to stand on that technicality. The annoying part of most supersized maps is the horizontal scrolling; if these two reasonably-sized maps can be vertically stacked, they won't be so bad. As a third requirement, I would say that Oneyed has to actually like this solution. He would be the one stuck making stylistic differences between the two maps correspond more to this view than to his original.
    Captain Dukasaur
    Community Team
    Community Team

Re: The Great War, new gameplay and advices needed

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:47 am

ian, if I understand idea about 1917 region correct then only if anybody takes it the game will moves to map2. so if nobody takes it game will continues only in map1.

the thing that both maps must be visible (so no that player can "switch" between maps) is bad.
    but ok, we can solve this. if any player will conquer entire state in map1, in his next round entire map1 become neutral and to map2 well be moved only troops (from each player) from capitals and towns from map1 to map2. so player who the first take entire state in map1 could in his next round deploy bonus to his towns and capitals in map1 and moved to map2 with better position as players without bonus from map1.
    for this we need just have the same towns in both maps.

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:11 am

Duk, I am afraid that it is impossible to have maps vertically now. and if I will wait for this it could takes years...
    and I do not want to make this map something as Arms race, where two small maps are in one.
    also I do not like idea of traveling in time (play simultaneously on both maps). what was done in past stays in past.

I understand ians idea that we do not want to have next supersized map, because playing both maps simultaneously is close to this.
    so lets work on stages. I think my post above make sense.

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:17 am

Okay.
    Captain Dukasaur
    Community Team
    Community Team

Postby iancanton on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Dukasaur wrote:you use the term "side by side." Now, is this just a convenience of language (in which case "side by side" also includes "above and below") or is this a fixed thing (where they must be horizontally arranged, instead of vertically, because of some technical requirement?)

I ask because it makes a difference. Horizontal scrolling is a pain in the ass for most people, but most of us do vertical scrolling almost automatically.

when i said "side by side" for convenience, i did mean to include "above and below", such as on the arms race map.

Dukasaur wrote: I am thinking of map 1 as the home front (the economic, industrial, political, and cultural forces driving the war) and map 2 as the war front (the actual fields of combat.) Admittedly, this is not actually what is drawn on the map, but it is the way I've reconciled them in my mind.

Maybe I'm seeing the map as I want it to be, rather than as it really is. :lol:

Still, seeing the map as I do does allow for the possibility of playing both maps simultaneously. The High Command needs to consider both the background (economic and political forces) as well as the foreground (military deployments.)

i see what u mean. although it's possible to do a map with an economic sphere and a military sphere, it's probably best if such a map does not try to cover the whole of europe in detail. in some ways, this idea is not unlike the research & conquer map which was in on-off development for a few years, but whose complexity caused it to run into difficulties.

Oneyed wrote:ian, if I understand idea about 1917 region correct then only if anybody takes it the game will moves to map2. so if nobody takes it game will continues only in map1.

correct. the 1917 region is no better or worse than the idea that, if u hold an entire state for one complete turn, then map 1 disappears and map 2 becomes visible. if u dislike the 1917 region, then use the "entire state" as the trigger for stage 2. alternatively, the change can come at the start of, say, turn 11 or even at the start of either turn x or turn y, selected at random. the main requirements are that it plays well and u can explain it clearly on the map without using too many words.

Oneyed wrote:if any player will conquer entire state in map1, in his next round entire map1 become neutral and to map2 well be moved only troops (from each player) from capitals and towns from map1 to map2. so player who the first take entire state in map1 could in his next round deploy bonus to his towns and capitals in map1 and moved to map2 with better position as players without bonus from map1.
    for this we need just have the same towns in both maps.

Oneyed wrote:so lets work on stages.

when stage 2 starts, it's possible, using transformations, for the capital troops and town troops to remain unchanged, while all province troops turn to n1 neutrals. however, all map 1 regions must turn into something on map 2, since they're in the xml and cannot disappear. it's much easier to code the xml if the map 1 regions and map 2 regions are identical (meaning they have the same names), since most regions need no transformations in this case (unless u change the troop numbers or troop colours), which means we can start testing the play much earlier. if they fit, then u can even add map 1 army regions with n1 troops that cannot be attacked during stage 1.

Brigadier iancanton
    Foundry Foreman
    Foundry Foreman

Postby Oneyed on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:23 am

there is difference if condition to open map2 will be 1917 or entire state because players need to go for entire state much more. for bonus.

I do not know why must be the regions the same on both maps.
    maybe I understand transformation and stages wrong, but my idea is that if any player conguers entire state in his next round (if he still holds it) he can not does more moves on map1, but he can conquers the same capital in map2. then all troops from towns and capitals will transform to the same on map2 and all map1 become neutral. the fight will continue on map2.

for me this sounds clear and logic.

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:59 am

So when you progress to the second map, the second player can choose to destroy your bonuses from the 1st map, prior to joining you on the second map?
    Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:13 am

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:So when you progress to the second map, the second player can choose to destroy your bonuses from the 1st map, prior to joining you on the second map?

Oh I get it now, your troops on map1 become neutral.

Then a different question. Under what circumstances does the first player to make it to map2 not win? Or do the other players also move to map 2 at the same time?
    Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Oneyed wrote:there is difference if condition to open map2 will be 1917 or entire state because players need to go for entire state much more. for bonus.

I do not know why must be the regions the same on both maps.
    maybe I understand transformation and stages wrong, but my idea is that if any player conguers entire state in his next round (if he still holds it) he can not does more moves on map1, but he can conquers the same capital in map2. then all troops from towns and capitals will transform to the same on map2 and all map1 become neutral. the fight will continue on map2.

for me this sounds clear and logic.

Oneyed

The regions have to be the same because there is only one XML.
    Captain Dukasaur
    Community Team
    Community Team

Postby Oneyed on Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:49 pm

WingCmdr Ginkapo wrote:Oh I get it now, your troops on map1 become neutral.

Then a different question. Under what circumstances does the first player to make it to map2 not win? Or do the other players also move to map 2 at the same time?

when any player will holds entire state on map1 he can not does more moves (attacks, reinforcements) on map1 but he can in his next round attacks the same capital on map2. this will open map2.
    after this all troops (from all players) from the towns and capitals on map1 will transform to the same towns and capitals on map2 and map1 will becomes neutral.

so yes, after any player conquers any capital on map2 all players will move to map2.

Dukasaur wrote:The regions have to be the same because there is only one XML.

the regions are not the same also now. there are different regions on map1 and on map2, this is how I understand things when I spoke with bigWham. yes the xml is one, but there could be written all regions (from map1 and map2), just you can not attack armies from map1. it is the same as conditional attacks in the "normal" map - you can not attack any region (even it is on map and in xml) when you not accomplish any condition.

Oneyed
    Private 1st Class Oneyed

PreviousNext

Return to Map Foundry