Conquer Club

Battle Royale Maps Applications

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Battle Royale Maps Applications

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:52 pm

So you have decided to develop a Battle Royale Map?

Nice! :D
But before doing that please make sure your map follows this simple and basic rules:

• Battle Royale maps can be developed by everyone. The development must be public.
  • Conquer Club would like to keep the quality of Battle Royale maps high. For this reason all Battle Royale maps must be unique inherently in graphics, gameplay, location or theme.
  • All Battle Royale maps must add something meaningful to the site, they must not be done just for the sake to develop a Battle Royale map. For this reasons ALL Battle Royale Maps Drafts are subject to the Cartographers and Admins approval to receive a stamp. Cartographers and Admins decision are NOT subject of public discussion or review.
  • All Battle Royale map projects must start and finish as BR map.
  • All Battle Royale map must fit at least 21 players, they can have 1 player for each region although 2 regions per player is highly suggested as minimum.
  • There are no big restrictions about gameplay, the most important aspect is that all BR maps must fit Standard and Terminator games only. (we can allow assassin for EXTREMELY limited cases)
  • All Battle Royale maps are subject to the current standard size or supersize map policies.

Now, if you are sure that your map has what it takes to make it a BR map, please post in this thread using the following form:

Code: Select all
[b]Map Name:[/b]
[b]Map Topic:[/b]
[b]Number of Territories:[/b]
[b]Map Sizes:[/b]

The Admins and the Cartographers will review your application and an answer will be given to you in a timely manner.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Re: Battle Royale Maps Applications

Postby dolomite13 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Map Name: HOMEWORLDS - BATTLE ROYALE
Map Topic: I feel that generic space conquest would make a great setting and with only 26 players it keeps the game a bit smaller than the 40 person battle royale.
Number of Territories: 306

Map Sizes:
Large Map Image (1200 x 1000) - http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6621/hw000lg1200.png
Small Map Image (780 x 650) - http://imageshack.us/a/img46/1117/hw000sm780.png

Foundry Thread: viewtopic.php?f=583&t=189149&p=4134984#p4134984
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby GeeksAreMyPeeps on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:14 pm

dolomite13 wrote:Map Name: HOMEWORLDS - BATTLE ROYALE
Map Topic: I feel that generic space conquest would make a great setting and with only 26 players it keeps the game a bit smaller than the 40 person battle royale.

Map Sizes:
Large Map Image (1200 x 1000) - http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6621/hw000lg1200.png

I like this. I have one suggestion that I think would make it even cooler, but I don't know if it's even possible from a programming standpoint. Would it be possible to add a "Communications Satellite" to each homeworld system that a player could capture to toggle that system between Fog/No Fog (with the satellite reverting to neutral each turn)?
Lieutenant GeeksAreMyPeeps

Postby OliverFA on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:20 pm

This map looks great for a very entertaining Battle Royal!

To make it even more interesting, I think that a losing condition should be added: have at least one homeworld.

If don't want the endgame to be boring, a winning condition of 67% or 80% of the homeworlds could also be added.

I have a question about the hyperdrive: how does its effect work? Is like a tech that makes travel faster everywhere? Or does it affect the sectors next to the homeworld?
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:
Research and Conquer - Civilization meets Conquer Club

Best score: 2,346 - Best position: #618 - Best percentile: 4.87%
Private OliverFA

Postby OliverFA on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:21 pm

GeeksAreMyPeeps wrote:
dolomite13 wrote:Map Name: HOMEWORLDS - BATTLE ROYALE

Map Sizes:

I like this. I have one suggestion that I think would make it even cooler, but I don't know if it's even possible from a programming standpoint. Would it be possible to add a "Communications Satellite" to each homeworld system that a player could capture to toggle that system between Fog/No Fog (with the satellite reverting to neutral each turn)?

It would be very interesting, but I think that this cant be done yet
Welcoming the long awaited Trench Warfare Setting (Previously Adjacent Attacks).

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:21 pm

OliverFA wrote:This map looks great for a very entertaining Battle Royal!

To make it even more interesting, I think that a losing condition should be added: have at least one homeworld.

If don't want the endgame to be boring, a winning condition of 67% or 80% of the homeworlds could also be added.

I have a question about the hyperdrive: how does its effect work? Is like a tech that makes travel faster everywhere? Or does it affect the sectors next to the homeworld?

Hey Oliver, I think your suggestions for the map are good ones, but they should be made within the map thread, which can be found at the following URL:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=583&t=189149
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby OliverFA on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:15 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
OliverFA wrote:This map looks great for a very entertaining Battle Royal!

Hey Oliver, I think your suggestions for the map are good ones, but they should be made within the map thread, which can be found at the following URL:

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=583&t=189149

Oh I see! Thanks Tanarri :)

My Maps:

Private OliverFA

Return to Map Foundry