Conquer Club

Scenarios: Released!

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Scenarios: Released!

Postby iancanton on Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:36 pm

Nucker wrote:1) can all the silly ones be deleted?
Like the start and finish immediately. These just lead players to think the rest are also terrible.

i believe they were created by bigWham himself to surprise any unwary players.

Nucker wrote:2) Can older ones that are not played but still worthwhile be put into a ranking system which has New scenarios at the top. This will means players coming in will see action.

yes, provided a suitable ranking system is devised. if there's enough support in the suggestions forum link below), then it'll reach bW.

viewforum.php?f=4

Nucker wrote:3) The whole Scenario positioning needs to be revisited if it is to have any effect. Someone went to the trouble of creating the scenario maker
Who can I contact in this regard?

unsure what scenario positioning is.

Nucker wrote:4) When does a scenario in beta get moved to the main site?

after several games have been completed by several players without problems. the fewer the number of human players that are required to play a scenario, the quicker it will start.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Fuchsia tude on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:23 am

iancanton wrote:spanish armada does appear on the list of maps available to use in a scenario. it was developed after the original dropdown was created and appears toward the bottom of the list.

Hmm? Are you sure about that? Can you point out where?

Here's the bottom of the list, which appears to be in pure alphabetical order, and all of the "S" maps for good measure.

Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby iancanton on Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:09 am

from the image below, it looks as if i can see more choices than u can!

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Fuchsia tude on Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:13 pm

Why is that? Do you have a different type of beta-site account of some sort?
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby iancanton on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:20 pm

unsure, but i've asked for all players to have access to eleven additional fully-quenched maps for the purpose of making scenarios.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby iancanton on Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:14 pm

bigWham has synchronised the status of maps between the live site and beta site now, so that all live maps on the live site are also live on the beta site.

are u able to see spanish armada now as being available for scenario creation?

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Fuchsia tude on Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:42 am

iancanton wrote:bigWham has synchronised the status of maps between the live site and beta site now, so that all live maps on the live site are also live on the beta site.

are u able to see spanish armada now as being available for scenario creation?

Yes, thanks! I made one.

But uh... you have to wait for every single slot to fill up before you can test a map? You can't make a 12-player scenario but only start a 3- or 4-player game on it? That's really limiting
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby iancanton on Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:42 pm

it's possible to make use of the dummy test players cc_tester_1, cc_tester_2 and so on. alternatively, use bots to substitute for some of the human players. however, given that 12-player games are hard to fill even on the live site, while the scenario is unlikely to go live if only one game has been completed, my best suggestion is that u change it to a scenario for only 3 or 4 players and set a limit of no more than 50 rounds.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:55 pm

I have recently used bots to make some auto tournaments testing on Beta site, and found that bots are not behaving as they should in the live site, sometimes they freeze and stop acting.

Just passing on my recent experience, BW kind of concurring about how they behave in Beta…with no real explanation how to remedy about the issue.

using cc tester still the best way but with the added action you will need to log in their account for each move…kind of login/logout to compete a round. But at least it works as the live site would.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby iancanton on Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:42 pm

i didn't realise that the bots sometimes freeze, so i'll keep an eye out for that. however, it is widely known that bots do not respect trench rules, so trench games against bots can be more evenly-matched than one might expect.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:56 am

[quote="iancanton"]it's possible to make use of the dummy test players cc_tester_1, cc_tester_2 and so on. alternatively, use bots to substitute for some of the human players. [/quote]

Ian, who are these "dummy" test players?-- cc_tester_1, etc. Are they bots, too? Are they real people? How we use them in testing a scenario?
Major Vlasov

Postby Mad777 on Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:13 am

Vlasov wrote:
iancanton wrote:it's possible to make use of the dummy test players cc_tester_1, cc_tester_2 and so on. alternatively, use bots to substitute for some of the human players.

Ian, who are these "dummy" test players?-- cc_tester_1, etc. Are they bots, too? Are they real people? How we use them in testing a scenario?

cc_tester are not bot, those are account dedicated for testing, you will have to login to a cc_tester account to play game turn like you would do with your own.
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby Vlasov on Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:40 am

It seems like creating multiple "cc_tester" accounts, and then logging in and out for each turn on each account, would be a very time-consuming process...

Of course I have used the bots for testing my scenarios, but they are fairly stupid, and it's not a real playtest.
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:20 pm

the tester accounts already exist, so u do not need to create them. instead of logging in and out for each turn, u can, for example, use Vlasov on a pc and cc_tester_1 on a phone while keeping both accounts logged in.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 am

As you know, iancanton --

I have made some scenarios. I designated them as "all human"... however some of them appear as Bot games in the Beta system scenario list. Whenever I make them "all human" and try to re-submit them, they revert to Bot games. It's frustrating.

Of course, in order to "Test" a scenario for myself (without inviting other players) it becomes a Bot game when I play it.
Major Vlasov

Previous

Return to Map Foundry