Conquer Club

Scenarios: Released!

This is where maps get made. Check out what's in development and give us some feedback.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Scenarios: Released!

Postby Vlasov on Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:33 am

Thank you for the tip about making human vs. human scenarios from scratch, instead of trying to change existing human vs. bot scenarios.

Regarding Hong Kong, I made both it and Beijing red (communist) to represent the People's Republic of China during that time. I know Hong Kong was owned by the Brits, but the "Classic" world map shows only cities, not geographical regions.

Now I have "submitted" two scenarios: ColdWarMCMLXII and Arctic War. I can see Arctic War as a scenario in CC-regular, but not ColdWarMCMLXII (I don't see it as an option in either CC-regular or CC-Beta.
Last edited by Vlasov on Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 pm

both are on the beta site now!

all of the region of hong kong, including the city, was british-controlled during all of the cold war. it even had british troops defending it against invasion by the people's republic of china, so hong kong ought to be green, not red.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 am

Thanks! I changed the ColdWarMCMLXII map -- Hong Kong is green now, but I changed the army counts to try to make Red & Green more "equal".

However all the games I submitted are still Human vs. Bot -- although I want some of them to be Human vs. Human.

Also the map "Arctic War" doesn't show up. I designed it to have 3 Human players; no bots.
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:07 pm

i see the green hong kong troops now!

the arctic war scenario does show up on the beta site.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby iancanton on Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:10 pm

arctic war released successfully!

https://www.conquerclub.com/player.php? ... rio_id=143

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 am

Thank you, iancanton.

I see that "Arctic War" has been released as LIVE -- and it's part of the Febenario tournament!

However I don't see "ColdWarMCMLXII" on the list of scenarios. You said it would be available.

I've made some other alternate history scenarios that might be fun to play if other people should try them. None of them are bot games. Here they are:

Calipocalypse -- 4 players -- Bay Area vs. Los Angeles vs. Central Valley vs. Arizona invaders.

Europa1942 -- 4 players; Doubles -- Germany, USSR, Italy, & UK/USA circa 1942, but with different alliances -- for example USSR & Italy could team up against UK/USA & Germany, instead of the historical Allies vs. Axis.

Fortress America -- Based on the old Milton Bradley "Gamemaster" game of that name, where the USA is invaded from the Pacific coast, Atlantic coast, and Mexico -- with Americans fighting back in the northern central and mountain states.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortress_ ... board_game)

CCU Riot -- 4 players -- Jocks vs. Nerds vs. Staff vs. National Guard (trying to re-establish order on the campus).

Can you take a look at those scenarios? Can they be released as LIVE ?
Last edited by Vlasov on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:47 pm

Vlasov wrote:However I don't see "ColdWarMCMLXII" on the list of scenarios. You said it would be available.

sorry, i thought u were going to change it to human vs human.

anyway, ColdWarMCMLXII released successfully!

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:36 am

Thanks again!

However, ColdWarMCMLXII (and ColdWar1962) aren't playable. If you try to start a game, it says "Bots cannot play Trench". And, if you "test" a game (in the Beta system) that has the Trench option, the bots play the game but they don't observe Trench, so one of the bots usually wins.

I will try to change ColdWarMCMLXII to a human vs. human game in the Beta system. If I cannot do that, can you change it?

Also "ColdWar1962" should be deleted, because it's only the earlier version.
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:46 pm

i cannot change either ColdWarMCMLXII or ColdWar1962 from human v bot to human v human, so i've closed both of these scenarios and asked players to join a calipocalypse game on the beta site.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:36 am

Thanks, Ian! Is there a chance that any of my other scenarios could be released to the main "alpha" version, for people who want to try them?
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:51 pm

alpha is the pre-testing that u do before the beta team sees the scenario.

there is indeed a chance of the scenarios u mention being released to the live site, after some of the beta testers have tried them. however, no-one will test them if u don't tell them that they exist and are ready to test.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Sat May 18, 2019 7:41 am

Hi iancanton:

I've been working on more "Alpha" scenarios in addition to those named above:

Alien Invasion -- from Classic map (4 alien landing zones vs. humanity)
BritWar -- British Isles map (England vs. Scotland vs. Ireland vs. Wales)
Eurasian Empires -- from Eurasia Mini map (medieval Europe, Islam, China, India)
Fantasy Worlds -- Space map
USSR1991 -- Soviet Union map
USA/CSA/1stNations/TX/Canada -- American Civil War map

You said that I need to ask the Beta team to test my scenarios. Can you give me a list of the other active Beta team members, so I can send invitations?
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Sun May 19, 2019 3:19 pm

u can use the Game Finder on the beta site to see who is active. in the Earliest box beside Last Game Activity, simply enter 01/01/2019 and click SUBMIT to return a list of recent games in date order.

i'd like to release the adjusted calipocalypse once u've tested the all-human version.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Calipocalypse and other scenarios

Postby Vlasov on Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:22 am

I'm still confused about how to invite Beta team members to test my scenarios. When I hit "create game" for a scenario, it fills all the slots in my all-human version with bots.... so how can I invite anyone?

My scenario "Arctic War" (based on the Arctic map) was released several months ago -- it's listed as one of the available scenarios. Somehow it was accepted by somebody.

As you suggested, I tried using Game Finder on the Beta site, for active games during all of 2020. The only active players that it shows are you, Fuchsia tude, loutil, Captn B, king achilles, TeeGee, some cc_testers_**, and a few others.

What am I doing wrong? How can I invite Beta players to test my scenario(s)?
Major Vlasov

Re: Calipocalypse and other scenarios

Postby iancanton on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:27 pm

on the main site, wall some beta testers and tell them the scenario on the beta site that u want them to test: some are likely to visit the beta site only when told that there's something new to test.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Re: Calipocalypse and other scenarios

Postby Fuchsia tude on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:04 pm

iancanton wrote:on the main site, wall some beta testers and tell them the scenario on the beta site that u want them to test: some are likely to visit the beta site only when told that there's something new to test.

Yeah, this. There's not enough people active and playing games on the Beta site. And it helps to have one game already started up that you can link straight to.
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby Vlasov on Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:34 am

Okay. When I created a new "test" map for testing in Beta, I specified all players to be Human.... but whenever I start a new game in Beta on my "Calipocalypse" scenario, the Human positions (other than myself) are automatically filled by bots, so how can someone else can join the test game?

Can other Beta players see my scenario in the "Scenario" list?

Can you join or start a "Calipocalypse" test game? I posted a message on your Wall.

If you can't test my scenario, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Major Vlasov

Postby Vlasov on Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:20 am

Apparently I can now see some of my scenarios under "Start Games" & "Scenarios" -- but when I start a game, it says: "Leave this page open! Please keep this window open to be alerted when your game is ready." Does that mean I have to leave that window open for hours or days until enough people join?
Major Vlasov

Postby iancanton on Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:41 pm

no, it doesn't. it means u'll be alerted if u leave it open until enough people join. u have the choice to close the window, in which case u won't be alerted when the game starts.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Fuchsia tude on Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 pm

How do I access the Scenario Editor?
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby iancanton on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:32 pm

below the personal menu on the left-hand side, the admin menu on the beta site has a scenarios option.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Vlasov on Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:28 am

Thanks to iancanton (or whoever did it). Some of my scenarios are now available on the Beta site for playtesting. Some of them are bot games, others aren't.
I invite anyone to give them a try!
Major Vlasov

Postby Fuchsia tude on Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 pm

iancanton wrote:below the personal menu on the left-hand side, the admin menu on the beta site has a scenarios option.

Hmm, no Spanish Armada? 4 Star Meats is on there, though. What determines which maps are available to have a scenario made for them?
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby iancanton on Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:04 pm

spanish armada does appear on the list of maps available to use in a scenario. it was developed after the original dropdown was created and appears toward the bottom of the list.

Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Nucker on Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:17 am

Regards Scenarios

1) can all the silly ones be deleted?
Like the start and finish immediately. These just lead players to think the rest are also terrible.

2) Can older ones that are not played but still worthwhile be put into a ranking system which has New scenarios at the top. This will means players coming in will see action.

3) The whole Scenario positioning needs to be revisited if it is to have any effect. Someone went to the trouble of creating the scenario maker
Who can I contact in this regard?

4) When does a scenario in beta get moved to the main site?
Sergeant 1st Class Nucker

PreviousNext

Return to Map Foundry