Conquer Club

XML Suggestions and Modifications II

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: XML Suggestions and Modifications II

Postby Teflon Kris on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Is there somewhere a list of nominations for the next xml feature to come out?

There have been a number of updates recently, maybe it is time for an xml feature in an update soon?

Maybe foundry-goers could vote on a few nominations?

With previous owners it was simply frustrating how many aeons we might wait for a new feature but things are different now, so if there is clamour for a new feature it might get a response.

:-)

:?:
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:28 am

I had a plan for future xml updates, something based 99% on the community decision instead of just coder decision...but it seems that the new administration wants to manage differently (bring them outside of the foundry and have them in suggestions :roll: #-o )....I need to understand if my plan match with their one,if I'm able to keep them into their natural home (where people knows and understand what we are talking about) , if I'm able to find a compromise with them (now you know why sometimes I have zero time to look at maps if I have to look at things/forums that are useless but makes everything more complicated and time consuming)..... However, if not I'll post here soon and you can consider this thread as dead.....

Now, please sing all together the "new" foundry anthem:

Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Teflon Kris on Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:52 pm

How about, for now (in the short term) I post the suggestion for team start positions xml (which would nicely complement the latest update?

We could all voice our support, and encourage friends and family to do so, then develop a foundry discussiion-and-voting-system to decide our other update request priorities?

:-)
Sergeant 1st Class Teflon Kris

Postby Oneyed on Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:32 pm

I would like to ask how it looks with some new xml updates? because it is long time when some suggestions were posted here.

is here any chance for "conditionals autodeploy" for example?

thanks.
Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:05 pm

Oneyed wrote:I would like to ask how it looks with some new xml updates? because it is long time when some suggestions were posted here.

is here any chance for "conditionals autodeploy" for example?

thanks.
Oneyed

My understanding based on what bigWham has told me directly is that the new Transitions code he created a few months back should be able to handle this function. I don't know of anyone who has even tried to incorporate it into code though to see if it does work.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions