Conquer Club

Gone quiet...

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Gone quiet...

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm amazed that things are so quiet around here...

In the main foundry forum there are only 7 map threads. The most recent post in that forum was about a week ago, and 4 of the threads (ie more than half) have not been posted in for over a month!

What can be done about it?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Re: Gone quiet...

Postby DiM on Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:21 pm

i don't like the current situation one bit.
but thenobodies keeps saying he has a plan to change things and implement a new map-making system. when he'll do that, i don't know. he does have a record of doing things slow, very slow, glacier drifting slow, snail with a paralysis slow. :D
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:51 pm

We need more life on the site in general. Declining participation in the Foundry is just a symptom of declining participation in every area of the site. Conversely, getting people more excited about coming to any area of the site will have a positive spinoff for all.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Making the foundry more visible and easier to find would help. Removing the forum link from the main header on every page was probably damaging.

But really I suppose the lack of activity in the foundry needs more than that to be cured.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Armandolas on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:46 pm

Ive seen a signature showing the murder of the fundry. Who did it?
I want to know all the drama and why did koontz is no longer here.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:21 am

Armandolas wrote:Ive seen a signature showing the murder of the fundry. Who did it?

That is koontz's sig, and he left due to RL problems. For all intensive purposes, the foundry is dead, okay, maybe a tad bit zombie dead, but that is all.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Donelladan on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:27 am

It is good ! We shall not release too many maps too often !

12 beta maps currently, some of them quite complicated to understand. I often think there is too many maps. Good thing it is slowing down. Also some maps are not so beautiful, having less map in the foundry means we can spend more time improving them. That's a good thing too.

I'd really prefer less map but with a much higher quality.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Armandolas on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:20 am

Donelladan wrote:It is good ! We shall not release too many maps too often !

12 beta maps currently, some of them quite complicated to understand. I often think there is too many maps. Good thing it is slowing down. Also some maps are not so beautiful, having less map in the foundry means we can spend more time improving them. That's a good thing too.

I'd really prefer less map but with a much higher quality.

The problem is not the number of maps.Or the maps being released. Is the amount of people visiting the foundry forums. I believe there is about 10 people, who sometimes post something.
And without people around , it will be hard to find new people interested in creting new maps and ideas.
Wich map, apart from krazy kingdoms is difficult to understand»?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby Armandolas on Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:24 am

isaiah40 wrote:
Armandolas wrote:Ive seen a signature showing the murder of the fundry. Who did it?

That is koontz's sig, and he left due to RL problems. For all intensive purposes, the foundry is dead, okay, maybe a tad bit zombie dead, but that is all.

I meant, who did murdered the foundry?
Apart from his RL i believe his sig. wants to say more about it
Colonel Armandolas

Postby owenshooter on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:35 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Making the foundry more visible and easier to find would help.

you guys did that... it didn't help... the persistent negative reputation that the foundry members garnered over the years is something that is hard to shake.. i actually enjoy poking around the foundry now, it isn't as "bully-ish" as it was in the years past... i have no idea what you can do to increase traffic... *thinking cap placed on head*...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Return to Foundry Discussions