Conquer Club

Abandonned maps.

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Abandonned maps.

Postby Donelladan on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm

There is some maps, at least Pirate and Merchants and Krazy Kingdoms, whose mapmakers disappeared, left the site.

I am wondering, are we gonna let those maps remains in beta forever? Does it make sense?

Also, as I asked in the krazy kingdom topic, if we are not allowed to make any graphical/gameplay change because we do not have the agreement of the author, could we at least have the agreement of fixing the bugs since they were not intended by the mapmake in the first place. ( krazy kingdom has many bonuses that do not work like the legend says).
Brigadier Donelladan

Re: Abandonned maps.

Postby Butters1919 on Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:49 pm

I think we've quenched one map in the past year. Something is up with the foundry that we're not hearing about. Either BigWham has decided that we have enough maps already or does not care for the ones that are in beta. Alternatively, we don't have a foreman that's taking the lead on quenching maps. I know we're on our 3rd foreman within the year as well.

I don't understand why people are even submitting map drafts or working on maps in progress until things are made clear to the community as to what's happening with the maps currently in beta.
Cook Butters1919

Postby Donelladan on Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:00 pm

Well, what you say is true Butters, but not what I wanted to talk about. I am talking about map abandonned by their mapmakers, not about maps that are for too long in beta but still having a mapmaker around to improve them.
Brigadier Donelladan

Postby Butters1919 on Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:55 am

Donelladan wrote:Well, what you say is true Butters, but not what I wanted to talk about. I am talking about map abandonned by their mapmakers, not about maps that are for too long in beta but still having a mapmaker around to improve them.

Apologies. I'm just frustrated at the state of the foundry in general. And yes, the fact that these maps were delayed in the foundry for so long that their makers left, is the worst aspect of it. I'm doubtful though of any information coming from the higher ups.
Cook Butters1919

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:48 am

I doubt DiM will be back but I think zimmah should be able to make the necessary fixes if he's around.

As for dolomite, he often leaves the site and returns so I would expect Krazy Kingdoms will be completed at some point down the line.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby owenshooter on Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:03 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I doubt DiM will be back .

he was just here!! already vanished?! again?!!-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Fuchsia tude on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:46 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:I doubt DiM will be back but I think zimmah should be able to make the necessary fixes if he's around.

As for dolomite, he often leaves the site and returns so I would expect Krazy Kingdoms will be completed at some point down the line.

OK, but he's been gone for basically over a year. So the question is, how many years later? And should it stay broken and in beta all that time?
Brigadier Fuchsia tude

Postby waauw on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:31 am

Fuchsia tude wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I doubt DiM will be back but I think zimmah should be able to make the necessary fixes if he's around.

OK, but he's been gone for basically over a year. So the question is, how many years later? And should it stay broken and in beta all that time?

If it remains broken and unchanged for too long, it will eventually just end up in the abandoned maps bin.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby dolomite13 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:13 pm

waauw wrote:
Fuchsia tude wrote:

If it remains broken and unchanged for too long, it will eventually just end up in the abandoned maps bin.

OK so I'm between Jobs and want to work on Krazy Kingdoms and either fix the XML and call it good or make the changes I wanted to make for balance purposes. But is the Foundry alive? If I submit an XML what is the chance we will ever see it implemented?

=D13=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby IcePack on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:34 pm

I'm sure if it's fixed it'll get there eventually
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:06 am

I'd be surprised if the fixed XML didn't get approved. What even needs to change?
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby dolomite13 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:56 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I'd be surprised if the fixed XML didn't get approved. What even needs to change?

I wish I could remember. I thought I submitted a fixed one but its been so long. I will take a look and see if I can determine whats still broken.
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Return to Foundry Discussions