Conquer Club

Progressive Fog Lift

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Progressive Fog Lift

Postby CargoAirships on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:51 am

Hi, I think a game that might be beta tested is:

When the game begins there is total initial fog. Then each round thereafter, 1 territory from each player the fog lifts, revealing as the game progresses where the enemies troop are.

Another concept, which I didn't look quite yet on the maps, would be a game like Battleship. (Don't see the players ships til they get hit) Only in this game, once a round you can move one ship one place on the board (or turn) to maybe keep it out of harms way. If you accidentally move into a enemies ship (rammed) the opponents ship you rammed would then have one extra damage.

A longer version might have submarines on a tier below the ship, able to move faster (as they are stealthier) and launch missile directly above. (The ships above can either fire on another ship, or release depth charges per round).
Corporal 1st Class CargoAirships

Re: Progressive Fog Lift

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:10 am

Is the battleships concept not a completely different game?
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby CargoAirships on Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Isn't chariots going around a racecourse a completely different game?
Corporal 1st Class CargoAirships

Postby WingCmdr Ginkapo on Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:25 am

CargoAirships wrote:Isn't chariots going around a racecourse a completely different game?

The concept for that map is the use of one way attacks. But it is still fundamentally, building armies and attacking static territories.

You're asking for attacking of blind territories, and movable territories! If I am reading this wrong and that isnt the idea then please correct me.
Major WingCmdr Ginkapo

Postby Ltrain on Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:06 pm

I dont think lifting fog round by round would change gameplay much since by round 3 everyone ought to know where everyone else is, but this idea got me thinking, probably because of the changes to clash of clans (my other guilty pleasure) you could have a setting u could choose to use or not where for instance auto deploys stop after -20 rounds or fog is lifted completely after 10-20-50 rounds. Probably the later would be easiest to implement. Especially in long running multi games. I know I got stuck in a couple kings court 2 games which I had the fortune to win after a playoff but I kept dropping my troops 1-2 at a time to keep the others unaware of my bonus. Might be an interesting feature to include. No fog after x amount of rounds
Captain Ltrain

Postby jmyork82 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:03 pm

a clash of clans map, what?!?
Lieutenant jmyork82

Return to Foundry Discussions