Conquer Club

Europe map question

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Europe map question

Postby nikola_milicki on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Im thinking I cant be the first to have noticed how bonus areas in Europe map were named after regions they cover. For example The West covers western Europe so it makes sense of course. Other bonus area names make sense cuz the analogy is the same except for Germany bonus. Whats up with that?? Area covers 9 other countries. Why is it not named Central Europe or something else which would be fair to other countries.
No big deal just wondering why Germany when that cant be the first logical and fair choice.
Colonel nikola_milicki

Re: Europe map question

Postby t-o-m on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:42 pm

You're right. The names are debatable to put it lightly. There are many problems with this map – e.g. the 'Medeterranea' bonus colour doesn't correspond with the actual map colouring, 'Western Russia' is both the name of a bonus region and a territorial region, the impassables + one-way assaults are foggy at best, and so on. The reality is that this was one of the first maps on the website and therefore wasn't subject to the scrutiny of the foundry. If anyone cared enough, the map could be re-made. Key word sadly being if.
Major t-o-m

Postby nikola_milicki on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:52 pm

I havent been around for some time and even before I didnt really come in this part of the forum but has interest and activity in map foundry go down, are less people making maps?
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby t-o-m on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:08 pm

When I first joined CC, the map foundry was a hive of activity. There were many many people creating, developing and giving feedback on maps.

I''m not totally sure what happened, but nowadays hardly anyone is making maps and less people are playing CC. I think a big factor is the general decline of desktop-based web-gaming. People game through apps nowadays.

The foundry today is indeed less active, but some things are happening. I'm trying to get a map through, as are others. I don't know how active the site admins are, however.
Major t-o-m

Postby IcePack on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Map development is a trickle of what it was back in the day unfortunately. Admin are active (but not in the forum outside of King Achilles)
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Foundry Discussions