Conquer Club

Balance Not Included Mafia 3/12 End Game: Balance. Town Wins

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Balance Not Included Mafia 9/12 D2: Distracted Equilibri

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:55 am

Wtf why not.

Your vote is out. Let's see

Also note guys about Tambo who he used his power on.

Likely jonty125, obviously why. Likely dj, obviously why.

Not streaker, not james. Not hotshot. Not storr.
Major StorrZerg

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:32 pm

I@pcm show us why streaker is scummy. Where is he shaky? I'm not satisfied. No one in this game should be satisfied by 2 descriptive words as a read at this point in time.

The more accurate word is deflection. As a town collective we don't want lurkers. Could you have been town, trying to get the focus back on myself? Maybe. You can say I had scummy motivation to get him to talk sure. But at the end, getting james to talk was productive. It is pro town to make sure people are active in this game. Voicing opinions, contributing to conversation at hand. Speaking of dj...... where is he...
As far as you scum. It's as simple as either you are town, tunneling (though since I've been stamping you with that label, you are talking about others more)
Or you have an agenda as mafia to make sure, I'm lynched. Trying to stop other conversations from happening. Making sure my valid points don't get talked about.

The james read on jonty.
Forced, not really. I wanted him to convince me to not vote him and vote jonty. He only has 2 options today. He could have just pushed me instead.

As for Speirs, yes I'm informing him of his options. Not opinions.
As well as his no lynch thing about me was not as black and white.

No idea what your NL comments are about.

Nah. Strongly disagree that directing actions are scummy. If I'm lynched my opinion on actions become super valid. Also mets gave a suggestion to james on what to do, why didn't you fault him?

I would hope you care that people make a smart choice about their actions. You have to admit if james checked streaker if i was lynched would be very laughable.

As far as being the activity police. Why not, people should be made acountable for things they promise.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 pm

Ok so now Storr and jonty are both at L-1. Someone needs to change their mind.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:29 pm

mets whats your thought on jonty last post? (anyone else can give their thought too)

jonty125 wrote:Self-preservation (not sure if I'm in time or not so I'm not going to risk a long post vote Storr

(the self preservation thing is fine imo)

But what about the not "risking" a long post?
Major StorrZerg

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:54 pm

jonty125 wrote:Self-preservation (not sure if I'm in time or not so I'm not going to risk a long post vote Storr

I guess the tie is up to me. This would be a good excuse perhaps if had contributed anything to his defense at all. Going several pages back he has offered nothing. He has offered no startegy, except to jump on everyone else wagon. while Storr is passionate jonty has been a lethargic lump. He claims after a push is made and states who he targeted. Targeting DJ does not prove that DJ is mafia or Town but it does prove that Jontys claim may be real. he could be Mafia, Town or even Third party.

This post bugged me as well. You should be playing more then for self preservation. You have not made any posts of real value. While i am torn in some ways between you and james, james at least made his case and defended himself.

With a choice between you and storr, storr wins hands down in my book. A no lynch can not happen.

vote jonty

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Djfireside on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Sorry I have been absent again but this week has sucked for me overall and my continued presence here. My son fell off the slide and got messed up with concussion and now my wife but I will read up and review. There appears to be some new things going on in the day I have been in the hospital and IB's last statement has my interest. Will take some time to read but will put in my two cents in hopes to help this out.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:05 pm

dj best wishes to your rl.
about the game. i think lynch has been set.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 pm

StorrZerg wrote:mets whats your thought on jonty last post? (anyone else can give their thought too)

(the self preservation thing is fine imo)

But what about the not "risking" a long post?

Think he meant that if typed out a long post he was going to miss the deadline for the end of the day.

Postby pancakemix on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:37 pm

Well, Storr, since you want to talk about generating content:

Streaker wrote:So James, all we need to give you is a 'clean' night, in a game where EVERYONE has a power? And mafia has to cooperate as well?

I hate changing my votes around like this, but I always said I was more interested in lynching jonty for reasons stated. I also believe we get more information from lynching him, especially about DJ.

I'd also like to add that any discussion about balancing power roles (i read something Storr said about town not having any investigative roles is unlikely) is moot, in a game called 'balance not included'.

Unvote, vote jonty

Please tell me what of this is new information or even valuable. Because it sounds like it came from somebody looking for a pretext to get jonty lynched. Some people look at big long posts and say "That's content" and vote. Some look and say "That's not much" (e.g., me and spiesr). Some people are scum and say "That's what I needed" (e.g. Streaker, and probably you). That's not a direct answer to your request, but it's plenty enough. He's been doing fine just coasting by for you but that's, I think, evidence of your guilt.

The more accurate word is deflection.

And that's still a ridiculous claim. Ask anyone else in this game if replacement should have been considered at that point. You thinking I'm scum over that is ludicrous.

The james read on jonty.
Forced, not really. I wanted him to convince me to not vote him and vote jonty. He only has 2 options today. He could have just pushed me instead.

He probably should have. But if you're being intimidating with your vote, it might feel like he's being forced. It's also forced in another regard: that there's really very little to it. Half of it is actually him giving Jonty points or staying neutral. He ends it with a vote, but it feels halfhearted.

As for Speirs, yes I'm informing him of his options. Not opinions.
As well as his no lynch thing about me was not as black and white.

No idea what your NL comments are about.

Yeah, you need to go back and reread what he wrote because you clearly didn't understand.

Nah. Strongly disagree that directing actions are scummy. If I'm lynched my opinion on actions become super valid. Also mets gave a suggestion to james on what to do, why didn't you fault him?

I would hope you care that people make a smart choice about their actions. You have to admit if james checked streaker if i was lynched would be very laughable.

I do. I trust them to do it themselves. Trying to orchestrate town's actions is asking for them to get fucked with. On top of that, you are highly under suspicion and you think you have a right to dictate what the town should do? THAT is laughable.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 pm

...and it's shockingly quiet. Did no one else notice IB didn't unvote?

...fine, I'll fix it.

Unvote Vote Jonty

I feel like it's a mistake, but let's learn something.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby spiesr on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:43 pm

StorrZerg wrote:But at the end, getting james to talk was productive.
Yes, we can all agree that it is better if James (or whoever) posts more. The disagree there is that you claimed that his post level provided you with some sort of information that made you think his alignment was scum. Others (like pancakemix and I) felt that his activity was independent of his alignment in this case.
StorrZerg wrote:But what about the not "risking" a long post?
Most likely he was referring that either the deadline hitting or him reaching the vote threshold before he finish typing out a long post.
Captain spiesr

Postby Djfireside on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 pm

Yes the Lynch is set. Based on old rules Im not sure if we are supposed to keep discussing and I will let the night start up and deal with me things to come back and get serious again when it starts back up.
Private Djfireside

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:47 pm

Sorry, on a bit later than I intended.

Vote Count

Storr (3)-DJfireside, Spiesr, Jonty
Jonty (5)-Metsfanmax, Jameskerr, Storrzerg, Streaker, Pancakemix
James (1)-Iron butterfly

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline tonight 11-1130 EST.

Jonty has been lynched, it is now twilight. Scene soon.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:59 pm

Tilted Tent

Edgar Gries was not a fan of bugs. They crawled, they chirped, they stung, bit and some even smelled. What was there to like? In this way, it was not a surprise to anyone that after graduating with a PhD in Anthropology, he became a bug exterminator.

One day while on a job to exterminate some cockroaches in a barn, Edgar was questioned by a man behind him.

"What are you doing here" the man asked him.

"Well I am here to deal with the infestation?" Edgar replied.

"Huh" The man said, "You know, I have noticed an infestation here. Everywhere I look in fact nothing but undeveloped, unevolved, barely conscious pond scum totally convinced of their own superiority as they scurry about their short, pointless lives."

It was at this point that Edgar realized that he wasn't talking to a man but a giant roach wearing a man's skin, so he turned the poison on him and sprayed it until the giant roach stopped moving.

But anyways, that's all irrelevant. The point is, Edgar never really expected to be hung for something he didn't do but well...here he is.

Jonty125-Edgar Gries-Town Fumigator has been lynched.

It is now Night 2. you have 48 hours to send in night actions.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Re: Balance Not Included Mafia 8/12 N2: Balance Bugs Me

Postby strike wolf on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:03 pm

You know, I have used lame word play and puns before but this one might take the cake.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Lulz.

Postby Djfireside on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:03 am

Good MIB Reference though!
Private Djfireside

Postby strike wolf on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Deaths and Revivals

Dr. Stitchpunk had to work quick. He had only a little while before the nerve tissue would be too damaged to reject the transplant. If he succeeded, the man would live...but if he failed Dr. Stitchpunk would live instead. He tried not to think about it having committed himself to the cause and hurriedly prepared for the surgery. Hooking the patient up, he offered up a quick word of hope and turned the machine on. Lights flashed and faded and the man's muscles began to move. A jolt arose and with it the man rose but before Dr. Stitchpunk could celebrate his achievement, he fell dead upon the floor.

Metsfanmax-Dr. Stitchpunk-Town Suicide Reviver has sacrificed himself.

Jonty125 has been revived.

Meanwhile across town, Reginald Philman was at a bar secretly watching a man waiting for a break in his career. It was at this point the television turned to a rerun of an old episode of "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" and Reginald saw Regis Philbin. Cursing the ground that Regis walked on, Reginald started toward the door but he was quickly assailed by another man and fell to the ground dead.

Storrzerg-Reginald Philman-Town Crier* has been killed.

People never really cared for Chaz. It seemed as soon as they heard his name, they had a look on their faces like his name should end with a d. That didn't matter to Chaz though as he didn't really like them either, so what of it. Well, one night while Chaz was at home, someone broke in and killed him. Finding his body the next day, many of the townsfolk cried that he probably brought it on himself but others weren't so sure.

Streaker-Chaz-Town Instigator** has been killed.

It is now Day 3, with 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

You have until this time next Wednesday for a lynch.

*targets one player each night, if the player is targeted for a kill (successful or otherwise), the killer's role name and ability would be revealed in thread)
**Targets one player each night and redirects their action back at himself.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Vote Jonty for being scum?

Just kidding... Nice to have you back. Looks like a crazy night.

Luckily, I investigated someone who didn't die, and I should get those results back soon as proof of my role.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Re: Balance Not Included Mafia 6/12 D3: Discord in the Night

Postby JamesKer1 on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:23 pm

Well, looks like I jinxed it. I got bus driven onto Streaker. And looks like someone else killed him.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby StorrZerg on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Ggs. Now I have more motivation to get the pyp game going. Gl town, and sign up for the pyp game!
Major StorrZerg

Postby Djfireside on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:57 pm

damn I thought I had storr pinged mafia but guess i was wrong. Guess my theory doesnt hold water.

James who did you target and why do you feel you were bussed.
Private Djfireside

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:59 pm

JamesKer1 wrote:Vote Jonty for being scum?

Luckily, I investigated someone who didn't die, and I should get those results back soon as proof of my role.

Why the hell would you receive your investigation results today instead of during the night? Please explain how you KNOW you were bus driven?

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby JamesKer1 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
JamesKer1 wrote:Vote Jonty for being scum?

Why the hell would you receive your investigation results today instead of during the night? Please explain how you KNOW you were bus driven?

Mod sent after scene was posted, just a little bit of a difference

I sent my action in on PCM, so either he was targeted by Streaker or someone bus drove my actions onto Streaker. Either way, my results were that I investigated the Town Instigator.

PCM, did you get any notification of this via PM?
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Private JamesKer1

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:53 am

Yes, I'm back.

I find it odd/suspicious that James hasn't got a result yet, but I'll wait to see if anybody cares to explain. Also, I think a mass claim is due today.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives