Conquer Club

Noted Question [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Question [ka]

Postby keef12 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:46 pm

Team 2 and Team 3

This is really a question ? Up front I know it's just a game but this first time I have seen this and it just does not seem right. We set up 3 team doubles. The game started fine and in fact we gained a clear advantage early. Then the inevitable double team started as expected. THE PROBLEM.....come to find out these guys know each other by first name and have played as partners. The double team continued way be on the norm and they wiped us out. I also think there was chat going on outside game but have no proof.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks....first time on this forum

The accused are suspected of:

Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 14571621

Comments:
Major keef12

Location: Salt Lake City, London, Tokyo, Rome, Buenos Aries, São Paulo,Hong Kong, Barcelona

Re: Question[es]

Postby Major.Bossman on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:31 am

If you are going to accuse some people of secret diplomacy it helps to have some facts. The first name basis is normally thrown out because there are people here who play with friends which is accepted. If they are careless they might have posted on each others' walls so it would help to have those posts before they are deleted. It may also help if you include how many games they have played together with their win/ loss percentage. A much higher than average win percentage is normally a red flag especially if there are a lot of games played together. Also even if some activity seems shady there is the possiblity it is a one time event and normally a case is stronger if you have multiple examples. I hope this was of some help to you.
Colonel Major.Bossman

Postby keef12 on Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:36 am

Though you guys were able to track that stuff down ? I don't have time or ability to look at deleted wall posts or their mail to each other. I just will just Foe them.....really was just thinking about everyone else that has to play those four.

One last question.....is that legal for them to join a game and plan on working together ? It certainty is not fair.

Cheers
Major keef12

Location: Salt Lake City, London, Tokyo, Rome, Buenos Aries, São Paulo,Hong Kong, Barcelona

Postby Major.Bossman on Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:01 am

If they are working together in a game with a preexisting agreement from another game or have made that agreement outside of the game's chat, that would be a form of secret diplomacy. Making them foes is normally the course of action most people take since it is normally hard to prove cheating. I really do not know who supplies the information or if anyone does outside of the accuser. Secret diplomacy while at times possible is not normally the verdict without some hard facts. I am sorry if this is a bit discouraging but it may require the accuser to prove that the other party is guilty. While there is a way to determine multis I do not know too much about the system to determine secret diplomacy other than a moderator will give a verdict normally after a few days.
Colonel Major.Bossman

Postby Keefie on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:34 am

Major.Bossman wrote:If you are going to accuse some people of secret diplomacy it helps to have some facts. The first name basis is normally thrown out because there are people here who play with friends which is accepted. If they are careless they might have posted on each others' walls so it would help to have those posts before they are deleted. It may also help if you include how many games they have played together with their win/ loss percentage. A much higher than average win percentage is normally a red flag especially if there are a lot of games played together. Also even if some activity seems shady there is the possiblity it is a one time event and normally a case is stronger if you have multiple examples. I hope this was of some help to you.

and just who the hell are you ????

Let's just leave it to the C&A mods shall we.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:23 am

Keefie wrote:
Major.Bossman wrote:If you are going to accuse some people of secret diplomacy it helps to have some facts. The first name basis is normally thrown out because there are people here who play with friends which is accepted. If they are careless they might have posted on each others' walls so it would help to have those posts before they are deleted. It may also help if you include how many games they have played together with their win/ loss percentage. A much higher than average win percentage is normally a red flag especially if there are a lot of games played together. Also even if some activity seems shady there is the possiblity it is a one time event and normally a case is stronger if you have multiple examples. I hope this was of some help to you.

and just who the hell are you ????

Let's just leave it to the C&A mods shall we.

- Major Bossman is a regular here in abuse forum, He has knowledge of rules / regulations and as far as I've seen He always gives guiding fair advice. It is his privilege to come here and do so. Respect One who is trying to help. Major B has good words to listen to before mods step in.
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:28 am

I concur...Major Bossman was simply offering wise advice. He was correct to state that it helps to have facts to support a claim. Many things can arouse suspicion... for example : "keef12" filed the report yet "Keefie" jumps in to comment when Major Bossman offers advice. Some might think there was a multi case to be made.
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby king achilles on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:39 pm

I can agree that you seem to have some justification to be suspicious of this game however, we lack enough solid proof that they had a secret alliance in this game. For now, this is noted in their records for future reference in case they get reported again.
Sergeant 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Return to Closed C&A Reports