Conquer Club

Cleared Be & nidogh - SUSPECTED MULTIS

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Be & nidogh - SUSPECTED MULTIS

Postby Doctor Spin on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:04 am

Accused:

Be
nidogh

The accused are suspected of:

Being Multis

Game number(s):

Game 14805992
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]
[game]xxxxxxx[/game]

Comments: I figured something funny was happening in a Classic game I was playing with the accused (Be & nidogh). On further inspection, these players have effectively been protecting each other - in fact Be has been protecting and helping nidogh gain an almost unbeatable foothold. Not bad for a player who has less than 2 weeks experience and hardly any games under his belt. The players have played in each other's games before now (their first meeting was a 1v1 game) - yet they never share any game chat with each other. That seems odd. They are both French by the way!

Could you please look into this - I suspect you will find the same IP address on both accounts.

Thank you.
Lieutenant Doctor Spin

Re: Be & nidogh - SUSPECTED MULTIS

Postby Masli on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:13 am

Cleared

From the looks of it, probably friends from school.
Colonel Masli

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:24 am

No potential secret diplomacy? I haven't looked personally, just judging from what the OP says.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Doctor Spin on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:36 am

iAmCaffeine is absolutely correct. Why haven't you looked into this more closely. The game is still ongoing, although I am struggling in a 2v1 situation. Neither player is taking each others' bonuses (except on one occasion), despite it being an easy task to do so on multiple occasions. nidogh just had an opportunity to take out Be completely, but instead chose to leave him with an easy bonus and attack me instead. Be, on the following move, ignored nidogh's bonus in Europe and Africa to take a few of my troops out in Tokyo/Beijing area. The whole thing stinks, yet CC seems happy for this clear breach of rules to go ahead. Neither player has broached any sort of alliance in game chat, so why are they allowed to get away with it???

There's a lot of points riding on this game. Please review your decision.

Thank you
Lieutenant Doctor Spin

Postby DJPatrick on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:21 am

Hmm...Cleared because they are not Multi, maybe??? Could they be engaging in secret diplomacy? Maybe..but as you didn't put that in the report, the Mods aren't going to check it...they're doing that role as volunteers So...resubmit as C&A with "Suspected Secret Diplomacy" ...it's harder to find/prove (maybe look at other games they play together...five seems to be a good number to force the appropriate Mod to go over it with a fine tooth comb...
Corporal 1st Class DJPatrick

Postby Doctor Spin on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:43 am

Thanks DJ. It's clear to me that it's either SD or Multi territory. But I've been here before with the mods. They just tell you to Foe and move on! Waste of time really, despite the fact they have been cheating. Just now, nidogh finished his turn, then 4 minutes later Be logged on - just after nidogh logged out. If the IP addresses have been checked, is it still not conceivable that the accounts were set up on different IP addresses? I'm not overly technical, but I don't see how they can be certain they're not multi accounts. You could even use two different devices and therefore stay logged into both accounts if you really wanted to. Can't believe they can get away with it - but I shan't waste more of my time!
Lieutenant Doctor Spin

Postby Doctor Spin on Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:50 am

Also, is it true that the mods will ignore another potential infringement if the OP hasn't actually raised that as a problem? That doesn't sound fair.
Lieutenant Doctor Spin

Postby DJPatrick on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 am

Yep M8...it's true...the rule on the "Case" you put before them; You alledged that ehey were multis...MASLI investigated it....hey he's a "multi hunter" volunteer so prob best qualified but he's not going to check evrything...there are hundreds of different ways of people cheating and this site has seen most in it's time...hell, I'm not disappointed, I actually considered the C&A part worth the $25 for entertainment value just by itself....unfortunately, as there are no fewer players there are also fewer "creative" cheats so it's only the dumb ones who raise their heads...hahaha
Corporal 1st Class DJPatrick

Return to Closed C&A Reports