Conquer Club

Warned iAmCaffeine Bigot/hateful sexual remarks in gamechat [BG]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: iAmCaffeine Bigot/hateful sexual remarks in gamechat

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Shannon Apple wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:- Went to this war and read chat, First I'd like to say that usually complaining about dice-luck or drops is usually considered lame unless Your complaining to a Friend who will console You. We all get the ups and downs in each category so its pointless to complain in chat Your downs because 99% of the time You'll get a back-lash from the other player. Though Caff should of used a word like puss or wuss, I'd like to add that "fag" in Great Britain is a slang for a cigarette. I first heard that when My great buddy from Great Britain said he had to step out to smoke a fag. But in Caff's defense, faggot for the most part these days means wuss, I doubt He used it in a derogatory way meaning anonymus is a homosexual. Caff made 1 bad remark but didn't go on a rampage like a certain other person I know here in CC,, Slap on the wrist and call it a day.

Hahaha! I am happen to be from Ireland where the use of the word "fag" is commonplace to refer to a cigarette. It's almost never used toward gay people. However, we all consider the word faggot in the same way as Americans do, even if it's not widely used. And in this part of the world, my grandmother's generation used the word "faggot" to refer to a bitchy woman, so yeah, never means "wuss."

Why do people have to throw nasty words around, especially ones that have become a negative towards minorities.

- Well there You have it, Caff was calling him a bitchy woman for complaining about dice and luck '') And Shannon, You can't say it "never means wuss", Because when I was growing up kids used it all the time, When a kid would fall off his bike and roll around whimpering his ( My ) friends would call him a faggot in the sense of being a wuss, So many other circumstances I've come across where a friend would be called a faggot in the wuss sense not gay sense. But I'll admit, Me and My friends also knew not to say it in-front of other people We didn't know or crowds, Because We all knew the other term it was used for.
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Serbia on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:01 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:- Went to this war and read chat, First I'd like to say that usually complaining about dice-luck or drops is usually considered lame unless Your complaining to a Friend who will console You. We all get the ups and downs in each category so its pointless to complain in chat Your downs because 99% of the time You'll get a back-lash from the other player. Though Caff should of used a word like puss or wuss, I'd like to add that "fag" in Great Britain is a slang for a cigarette. I first heard that when My great buddy from Great Britain said he had to step out to smoke a fag. But in Caff's defense, faggot for the most part these days means wuss, I doubt He used it in a derogatory way meaning anonymus is a homosexual. Caff made 1 bad remark but didn't go on a rampage like a certain other person I know here in CC,, Slap on the wrist and call it a day.

Hahaha! I am happen to be from Ireland where the use of the word "fag" is commonplace to refer to a cigarette. It's almost never used toward gay people. However, we all consider the word faggot in the same way as Americans do, even if it's not widely used. And in this part of the world, my grandmother's generation used the word "faggot" to refer to a bitchy woman, so yeah, never means "wuss."

Why do people have to throw nasty words around, especially ones that have become a negative towards minorities.

- Well there You have it, Caff was calling him a bitchy woman for complaining about dice and luck '') And Shannon, You can't say it "never means wuss", Because when I was growing up kids used it all the time, When a kid would fall off his bike and roll around whimpering his ( My ) friends would call him a faggot in the sense of being a wuss, So many other circumstances I've come across where a friend would be called a faggot in the wuss sense not gay sense. But I'll admit, Me and My friends also knew not to say it in-front of other people We didn't know or crowds, Because We all knew the other term it was used for.

Yeah, just like I knew kids at school who used the 'N' word to call someone stupid. They certainly weren't calling another kid in our all white school black! Doesn't change the fact that it was a bigoted word, and doesn't change the fact that the word Caff used is a bigoted word, regardless of the alternate definition you may personally assign it.

And why do kids equate "faggot" with "wuss"? Because that's what they are taught; that homosexuals are somehow less than normal boys. Less tough, less manly, less human. It's still a put-down, it's still meant negatively, and definitely still refers to sexuality. Don't be stupid MaGree.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:40 pm

I love how my haters are starting to come to this thread.

Bogan I didn't even read what you said. Your "facts" are untrue. Call me what you like but I am an adult and I have not flamed your - apparently - very well cultured friend. Anything you say here is completely biased against me anyhow, as it is with Shannon.

People seem to have their own interpretations of the word, I've seen four so far in this thread. Where I live it is not commonly a homophobic slur as I said earlier; I have homosexual friends who couldn't care less if I used that word or not, although I rarely do.

I won't bother posting here again until there's a ruling, although I expect this to be locked before then. If I'm banned for even just a week at least I'll be able to kick my addiction of this site away, and some clans will gain about 12 quality players as well most likely.

The system is so biased it's unreal. Maybe I should become a mod, because then I can do whatever I like and say whatever I want with no consequences, just like Shannon and others have done with me, yet I've been punished.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:45 pm

Serbia wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:

Yeah, just like I knew kids at school who used the 'N' word to call someone stupid. They certainly weren't calling another kid in our all white school black! Doesn't change the fact that it was a bigoted word, and doesn't change the fact that the word Caff used is a bigoted word, regardless of the alternate definition you may personally assign it.

And why do kids equate "faggot" with "wuss"? Because that's what they are taught; that homosexuals are somehow less than normal boys. Less tough, less manly, less human. It's still a put-down, it's still meant negatively, and definitely still refers to sexuality. Don't be stupid MaGree.

Bollocks.

- Serbia, I don't have a problem You calling Me stupid, I can take it, But if You call Me MaGree one more time, We are throwing down ") ,, Listen, I'm no Saint, and neither is anyone else here, Some have better control then others in Their choices of words. Relax Serbia, its not quite the end of the world, and if You want to flame Me You'll get fire 4sure.") (Said with a smile on face, knife in hand)
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Serbia on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Haven't flamed you MaGree, I've merely pointed out that despite what some are saying, the word is bigoted. Not quite sure how you're going to throw down with me, and I'm sure your knife comment isn't an actual threat, but stop internet fronting. Makes you look stupid.

Caff, don't play dumb. I'm not an enemy of yours, but while your RL friends may not stand up to you and tell you to stop using bigoted language around them, there is only one definition that can be assigned to the word "faggot" when used in the context you did. You used a homosexual slur. Just man up, say "yeah I did it, sorry", and drop the pretense of a defense. It's indefensible.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:30 pm

Serbia wrote:Haven't flamed you MaGree, I've merely pointed out that despite what some are saying, the word is bigoted. Not quite sure how you're going to throw down with me, and I'm sure your knife comment isn't an actual threat, but stop internet fronting. Makes you look stupid.

Caff, don't play dumb. I'm not an enemy of yours, but while your RL friends may not stand up to you and tell you to stop using bigoted language around them, there is only one definition that can be assigned to the word "faggot" when used in the context you did. You used a homosexual slur. Just man up, say "yeah I did it, sorry", and drop the pretense of a defense. It's indefensible.

Bollocks.

- How am I internet fronting, I'll let You know that In RL this who I am, I finished High School, I've never been arrested in jail or in court, I've always made friends not enemies, I do good deeds for people I don't know, I'm a fair and loving husband and father of two girls, who the f*ck are You to say I'm internet fronting?? You don't know Me or what I'm like, what from this thread You got a clear read on Me, haa, go be Saint Serbia somewhere else.
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Serbia wrote:Haven't flamed you MaGree, I've merely pointed out that despite what some are saying, the word is bigoted. Not quite sure how you're going to throw down with me, and I'm sure your knife comment isn't an actual threat, but stop internet fronting. Makes you look stupid.

Bollocks.

- How am I internet fronting, I'll let You know that In RL this who I am, I finished High School, I've never been arrested in jail or in court, I've always made friends not enemies, I do good deeds for people I don't know, I'm a fair and loving husband and father of two girls, who the f*ck are You to say I'm internet fronting?? You don't know Me or what I'm like, what from this thread You got a clear read on Me, haa, go be Saint Serbia somewhere else.
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Serbia on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:46 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- How am I internet fronting, I'll let You know that In RL this who I am, I finished High School, I've never been arrested in jail or in court, I've always made friends not enemies, I do good deeds for people I don't know, I'm a fair and loving husband and father of two girls, who the f*ck are You to say I'm internet fronting?? You don't know Me or what I'm like, what from this thread You got a clear read on Me, haa, go be Saint Serbia somewhere else.

You finished high school, good for you. Now allow me to further your education. Here's a quote for you:

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Serbia, I don't have a problem You calling Me stupid, I can take it, But if You call Me MaGree one more time, We are throwing down ")

Saying "We are throwing down" is internet fronting. How about this quote:

MagnusGreeol wrote:Relax Serbia, its not quite the end of the world, and if You want to flame Me You'll get fire 4sure.") (Said with a smile on face, knife in hand)

Telling me "You'll get fire 4sure", and telling me that you've said this "with a smile on my face, knife in hand" is internet fronting. Could even be construed as a threat, if I were so inclined.

So ya see MaGree, for all your education, your lack of legal problems, your loving family, and your friends, you've apparently got quite a bit of learning to do. So yay you, MaGree!

(This will be my last off-topic post in this thread. I still maintain that the word "faggot" is ALWAYS bigoted, and this is also the last I'll say on this matter)

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:58 pm

- You flamed first Serbia, My comments were not a threat but rather more like retaliatiation for Your flame. Learning is never ending, and I'll agree that faggot should never be used. MaGree signing off,, GL2US All---
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Serbiebabes, for the record I never said you were an enemy of mine.

I used the word fully knowing the different ways in which it can be interpreted, fully knowing that it could be reported as a homophobic slur and therefore bigotry. That doesn't change the fact that where I live it isn't used in that way. My friends would tell me instantly if I was out of order, we're straight with each other. I am aware of how else the word can be used and that it can be a bigoted insult, but in my real life experiences it really is.

I'm not defending myself, I see no point when nearly everyone commenting in this thread is wasting their time anyway.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby a6mzero on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 pm

This is all a bunch of poppycock. I hope I have not offended the poppycockians.
Major a6mzero

Postby BoganGod on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:44 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:I love how my haters are starting to come to this thread.

Bogan I didn't even read what you said. Your "facts" are untrue. Call me what you like but I am an adult and I have not flamed your - apparently - very well cultured friend. Anything you say here is completely biased against me anyhow, as it is with Shannon. Lying again. Didn't read even what I said. Yet refering to content from my balanced post. Also if you hadn't read what I said, why the double send on the claiming victim status pm this morning?

People seem to have their own interpretations of the word, I've seen four so far in this thread. Where I live it is not commonly a homophobic slur as I said earlier; I have homosexual friends who couldn't care less if I used that word or not, although I rarely do. Surely there is a reason why you rarely use the word. Maybe because you know it is wrong? I love the old saw you've dragged out. I'm not homophobic I have gay friends.....

I won't bother posting here again until there's a ruling, although I expect this to be locked before then. If I'm banned for even just a week at least I'll be able to kick my addiction of this site away, and some clans will gain about 12 quality players as well most likely. If only that was true. You couldn't lie straight in bed. Great attempt at melodrama. The inhumanity of it all. Why, oh why, can not a special exemption be made for me so I can be a bigot. I have gay friends. I'm a clan leader!!!!

The system is so biased it's unreal. Maybe I should become a mod, because then I can do whatever I like and say whatever I want with no consequences, just like Shannon and others have done with me, yet I've been punished.
So no judgement has been made and the system is flawed? You have made plenty of comments in fora. Now that a grubby thing you said is up for comment, the world is against you? Why don't you go and find a person with real problems and explain to them how unfair your life is. The naughty fellow users on an internet game site are calling me on being a bigot..

iAmCaffeine wrote:Serbiebabes, for the record I never said you were an enemy of mine.

I used the word fully knowing the different ways in which it can be interpreted, fully knowing that it could be reported as a homophobic slur and therefore bigotry. That doesn't change the fact that where I live it isn't used in that way. My friends would tell me instantly if I was out of order, we're straight with each other. I am aware of how else the word can be used and that it can be a bigoted insult, but in my real life experiences it really is.

I'm not defending myself, I see no point when nearly everyone commenting in this thread is wasting their time anyway.
Thought you were not going to post again? You are not defending yourself, as A) you feel you have done nothing wrong(hint this is what is frustrating to a lot of readers) B) Your to busy attacking others to defend yourself
Sergeant 1st Class BoganGod

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 am

I should have been more clear, I started reading your post and then realised it was by someone who used to stalk me throughout the forums and troll threads I used to comment on, so I stopped wasting my time.

I rarely use the word because I prefer not to, just like I prefer not to swear. I haven't said that I'm not homophobic because I have gay friends; I said I can use the word and it doesn't offend them, there is a difference. I'm personally not entirely comfortable with homosexual relationships, but it's not something I take issue with.

Thanks for the melodramatic reply. I deliberately tried not to sound like that, but of course you of all people will twist it.

I'm arguing my case but I don't really see anything to defend based on the common definition of the word from where I live. There are different meanings in different places. The thing is, as Owen pointed out, I didn't even call anonymus a faggot, I said stop whining like one, but I guess the semantics will be ignored.

How am I attacking others? You're the one that's come in here just for another chance to give me crap, as you love to do.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby spudulica on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:53 am

How many cases like this do we have to read through before CC issues a set of words you are not allowed to use?

What caff said is no worse than many recent cases that don't come to anything. So many words can be taken badly by one person and others couldn't care less.

You can call me anything and I couldn't case less. Faggot to me is not half as offensive as some of the recent cases I make a habit of reading. It's also a word with many reasons.

Publish some proper specific guidelines or just grow up and get to grips with people saying bad words when they are pissed off. I try to steer clear from full blown swearing rants but they happen from time to time, particularly on this site as we are all pretty well invested in the games we play.
General spudulica

Postby betiko on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:02 am

it's funny to see how this site works. You can say "I hope your children get cancer and die while your wife gets hit by a bus" in game chat to a family man; but you can't say "stop whinning like a faggot" to a straight dude. that one is offensive.
Major betiko

Postby spudulica on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:05 am

Oxford English definition - http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/faggot

Urban Dictionary - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=faggot

American wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faggot_(slang) - NOTE doesn't say its offensive

Dictionary.com - http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/faggot - can be offensive not always also can be positive.

Just to illustrate my point with this word not being a cut and dry offensive word. Can be taken either way, this is most likely why caff steers away form using it but I can think of and have seen much worse on this site. Again a list please if punishments are going to be handed out. It would be nice to at least know when you are breaking a rule not constantly flirt with the unknown.
General spudulica

Postby anonymus on Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 am

betiko wrote:it's funny to see how this site works. You can say "I hope your children get cancer and die while your wife gets hit by a bus" in game chat to a family man; but you can't say "stop whinning like a faggot" to a straight dude. that one is offensive.

Difference being that children are minors, not minorities..
Offensive absolutely (also made me laugh a bit, since exaggerations are ofcourse funny), but not Bigoted, and that is the point I have been trying to make here..

I love a good insult, its truly an artform in itself, and I can admire those who do it well, but I do not think that being a bigot is neither admirable nor appropriate on a site like CC

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Cook anonymus

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:09 am

anonymus wrote:
betiko wrote:it's funny to see how this site works. You can say "I hope your children get cancer and die while your wife gets hit by a bus" in game chat to a family man; but you can't say "stop whinning like a faggot" to a straight dude. that one is offensive.

Difference being that children are minors, not minorities..
Offensive absolutely (also made me laugh a bit, since exaggerations are ofcourse funny), but not Bigoted, and that is the point I have been trying to make here..

I love a good insult, its truly an artform in itself, and I can admire those who do it well, but I do not think that being a bigot is neither admirable nor appropriate on a site like CC

/ :?:

If you look at any of the links spudulica posted above you'll realise you're wrong. Kthx.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Re: iAmCaffeine Bigot/hateful sexual remarks in gamechat [BG

Postby BGtheBrain on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:59 am

Locked...

You guys can feel free to head to general discussion if you'd like to discuss further.

There is nothing else that can be added to the report that will help here.
Captain BGtheBrain

Re: iAmCaffeine Bigot/hateful sexual remarks in gamechat [BG

Postby BGtheBrain on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:18 am

After reading this thread and this report, I must thank you all for making me read what could possibly be seen as the dumbest thing Ive ever read here...

iAmCaffeine has been WARNED for bigotry

anonymus you were previously banned for point dumping. This has a separate scale since it is a special infraction. The first step on point dumping is a 30-day ban. In this case, bigotry goes Warning first.

To everyone. Regardless of how you and your friends (even if they are gay) use the word fag or faggot, it will not be tolerated on CC.
Captain BGtheBrain

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports