Conquer Club

Closed Offensive name [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Offensive name [ka]

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:07 pm

Accused: urAnFagit

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Offensive Name

Game number(s):

Game 14895131

Comments: I think this is rather clear
I have a sneaking suspicion that this person is a multi of someone I foed, but I have no proof.
Private Edric Wolfswift

Re: urAnFagit- Offensive name

Postby king achilles on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:28 pm

So far, he doesn't look like a multi. He is a newbie and likely isn't too familiar with the rules yet. I'm not saying that is a valid excuse but let's try to cut some slack in some situations. Let's wait for him to come online again.
Sergeant 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:42 pm

I told him I was reporting him for the offensive name, and his reply was "at the very least i expect to win".

I will of course respect your call, but should this not get a warning for bigotry? It seems as if in some cases it is not tolerated but in others it is.
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby king achilles on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:46 pm

He joined on the 25th. It's a username that can possibly get changed. And as I said, let's wait for him to go back online again and hope you didn't scare him off. I'm sure you rather have an opponent who is playing their best than a deadbeat.
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:57 pm

There have definitely been a flood of deadbeats lately
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby Serbia on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:59 pm

You could stop acting like a dick and just play the damn game. What difference does it make what action, if any, is taken by Admin? Oh wait, I know... you're hoping he gets kicked out of the game, so you don't lose your precious points. Stellar sportsmanship there, punk.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:05 pm

And THAT is why you have been on my foe list for a long time.
Private Edric Wolfswift

Re: Offensive name

Postby king achilles on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:11 pm

Update: he obliged to have his name changed and I pointed him to be more aware of the Rules and Community Guidelines.
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby MagnusGreeol on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:07 am

Serbia wrote:You could stop acting like a dick and just play the damn game. What difference does it make what action, if any, is taken by Admin? Oh wait, I know... you're hoping he gets kicked out of the game, so you don't lose your precious points. Stellar sportsmanship there, punk.

Bollocks.

-Now now Serb, Don't be a flamer. If its against the rules to write homophobic remarks, I'm sure its against policy to have a username that states homophobic. Edric was right to report this obv., Or King Achilles wouldn't of contacted him to change it.
Major MagnusGreeol

Re: Offensive name [ka]

Postby MagnusGreeol on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:34 am

- And to add to this so it can't happen again, There should be some type of system that when a person joins CC it should automatically send a message to Administration that a player has joined, that way the administration gets to see players wall/username etc. within the first few wars him/her are in. A tighter screening process would cut the head off the snake. GL All, In £if€ & War-----Salutes------)
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Serbia on Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:04 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:
Serbia wrote:You could stop acting like a dick and just play the damn game. What difference does it make what action, if any, is taken by Admin? Oh wait, I know... you're hoping he gets kicked out of the game, so you don't lose your precious points. Stellar sportsmanship there, punk.

Bollocks.

-Now now Serb, Don't be a flamer. If its against the rules to write homophobic remarks, I'm sure its against policy to have a username that states homophobic. Edric was right to report this obv., Or King Achilles wouldn't of contacted him to change it.

Obviously, the username wasn't my issue. My issue was with the fact that Edric stopped playing the game, because he was hoping the user would be kicked, saving Edric from losing points. It was a punk move, and showed poor sportsmanship. That is not a flame, that is fact. Go check the game chat and log, and see the evidence for yourself.

He was right in filing the report. Never had an issue with that; go read my comments again.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Serbia wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:

Bollocks.

Obviously, the username wasn't my issue. My issue was with the fact that Edric stopped playing the game, because he was hoping the user would be kicked, saving Edric from losing points. It was a punk move, and showed poor sportsmanship. That is not a flame, that is fact. Go check the game chat and log, and see the evidence for yourself.

He was right in filing the report. Never had an issue with that; go read my comments again.

Bollocks.

I can't help but agree. If you see something wrong, by all means report it. But ceasing to play the game while you wait for the issue to be resolved is at best playing drama queen, and at worst a deliberate attempt to exploit the disciplinary system by hoping the guy gets kicked and you get some unearned points.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 am

- Edric didn't go looking for trouble, pOOnslayer (New name) joined Edric, When Edric mentions reporting the offensive name pOOnslayer seemed to not give a shit which is a disregard for the site. No one seems to want to comment on My screening idea that would put these situations in the past. All it would take is someone be designated to daily or so checking scoreboard and looking at all New recruits, You want Me to be that guy I'll do it, but We ( CC ) shouldn't let these names get to first base, strike em out before They get to the field.
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Major.Bossman on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 am

The issue with screening names is that the application could be viewed as heavyhanded. Everyone is going to have different ideas of what is offensive and what is permissable. Some people might feel alienated while others may feel that it does not go far enough. It might be necessary for this site to create a list of words that are not to be used and have that information presented to people before they join. This way it is more of a self censoring system. Also you may want to post your idea in the ideas and suggestions forum as it would hopefully gain more ground there.
Colonel Major.Bossman

Postby MagnusGreeol on Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:27 pm

Major.Bossman wrote:The issue with screening names is that the application could be viewed as heavyhanded. Everyone is going to have different ideas of what is offensive and what is permissable. Some people might feel alienated while others may feel that it does not go far enough. It might be necessary for this site to create a list of words that are not to be used and have that information presented to people before they join. This way it is more of a self censoring system. Also you may want to post your idea in the ideas and suggestions forum as it would hopefully gain more ground there.

- Actually this section of forum has been pretty hot lately ")
- But I absolutely agree with Your idea of making people aware before They create a username, self censoring I like it, that way if One creates an offensive username knowing its wrong We can release the hounds ") . You always have good input Major -B-, Salute-------)
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby owenshooter on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:02 pm

MagnusGreeol wrote:- Edric didn't go looking for trouble, pOOnslayer (New name) joined Edric, When Edric mentions reporting the offensive name pOOnslayer seemed to not give a shit which is a disregard for the site. No one seems to want to comment on My screening idea that would put these situations in the past. All it would take is someone be designated to daily or so checking scoreboard and looking at all New recruits, You want Me to be that guy I'll do it, but We ( CC ) shouldn't let these names get to first base, strike em out before They get to the field.

then go post this in the suggestions forum where it belongs. if you are that passionate about and think it can resolve the issue, post in Suggestions... i think it is feasible...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:02 am

owenshooter wrote:
MagnusGreeol wrote:- Edric didn't go looking for trouble, pOOnslayer (New name) joined Edric, When Edric mentions reporting the offensive name pOOnslayer seemed to not give a shit which is a disregard for the site. No one seems to want to comment on My screening idea that would put these situations in the past. All it would take is someone be designated to daily or so checking scoreboard and looking at all New recruits, You want Me to be that guy I'll do it, but We ( CC ) shouldn't let these names get to first base, strike em out before They get to the field.

then go post this in the suggestions forum where it belongs. if you are that passionate about and think it can resolve the issue, post in Suggestions... i think it is feasible...-Jésus noir

- Seeing that this report was about a username, I figured I wasn't playing baseball on a football field and the eyes it was intended for got the message. But thanks Owen '')
Major MagnusGreeol

Return to Closed C&A Reports