Conquer Club

Closed Name Abuse: "Free Syrian Army"

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Name Abuse: "Free Syrian Army"

Postby Man from Modesto on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:17 am

Accused:

Free Syrian Army

The accused are suspected of:

Other: Inappropriate name

Game number(s):

All played.

Comments: The Free Syrian Army rapes, mutilates, and singles out Christians for murder. They kill captured soldiers and civilians.

https://www.google.de/search?q=Free+Syr ... 8wem5IDYDA

Killing civilians execution style: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVB7Hmlv2fs

They kill captured soldiers, captured civilians, Christians, and Christian soldiers (who formed expressly to defend themselves against religocide.)

This name is completely vulgar. It has no place in the friendly, gaming culture of CC.
Major Man from Modesto

Re: Name Abuse: "Free Syrian Army"

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:28 am

no brainer... change it...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:36 am

Don't you people have something more important to whine about?

It's a fucking wargame. Of course people are going to name themselves after warmongers. That's the whole point.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:22 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Don't you people have something more important to whine about?

It's a fucking wargame. Of course people are going to name themselves after warmongers. That's the whole point.

wow... sooooo, last week we had a name change for a player using Hitler (not the first time)... but, you see no issue on this? i find it odd the responses by members of team CC on matters like this... it is like they need to make a mod guidelines for you all, so you understand the most basic of rules... wow...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Shannon Apple on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:33 pm

Well... I find it interesting that the organisation was set up AFTER this user joined CC, which would make it co-incidence unless he changed his name before.

From that link...
founded during the Syrian uprising or civil war on 29 July 2011[12] by five[11] or seven defected Syrian officers.

@Owen: We're media team, not multihunters.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Colonel Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:55 pm

owenshooter wrote:

wow... sooooo, last week we had a name change for a player using Hitler (not the first time)... but, you see no issue on this? i find it odd the responses by members of team CC on matters like this... it is like they need to make a mod guidelines for you all, so you understand the most basic of rules... wow...-Jésus noir

I don't agree with forcing the various Hitlers to change their names, but unfortunately it's become the established precedent. If the Hitlers on the site are forced to change their name, the various Stalins and Maos should be forced to change theirs. (Not that I'm in favour of that, but it would be the logical choice.) For some bizarre reason Hitler who is responsible for about 20 million deaths gets people all gloopy in the Gulliver, while Mao who is responsible for 60 million deaths leaves them unaffected. Go figure.

I can't stand in the path of the local zeitgeist about the Hitlers, with its strong lobby and well-established precedent, but I can stand in the path of adding new and exciting names to the pariah list.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Major.Bossman on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:50 pm

Wait a minute the player that had Hitler in his or her name was not forced to change it. If I am correct the case was about a player by the name of Germanhitler who admitted that the name was created while the person was intoxicated. The player also expressed that it was a mistake and wished to change the name but did not know how. There was no precedent set in that case of a player being forced to change their name as the issue resolved itself with the player willing changing his or her name. As for this case the name does not seem to be the problem so much as the comments that the player has made.
Colonel Major.Bossman

Postby Serbia on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:50 pm

This is such a hilarious and bullshit report. Free Syrian Army is officially one of my top 20 favorite players on this site.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby owenshooter on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:15 pm

oh, the irony... and he is a member of the Headless Horsemen... ha... thanks to shannon, i don't see how they can make him change his name... he had it before the damn thing was even invented... kudos, shannon!!!-Jésus noir
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:56 pm

Serbia wrote:This is such a hilarious and bullshit report. Free Syrian Army is officially one of my top 20 favorite players on this site.

Bollocks.

I must be # 21 '')
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Free Syrian Army on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:39 am

May I have my say ?

The Free Syrian Army was established by deserters from the Syrian regular army. Soldiers and officers deserted from the Syrian army because they were unwilling to fire upon peacefully protesting civilians from their own cities and neighbourhoods. The Free Syrian Army was established to protect civilians from Bashar Assad's army which has for four years been waging war upon it's own population.

The Free Syrian Army does not kill Christians or civilians. These accusations are completely false and the Free Syrian Army in fact has Christian soldiers within its ranks.

With many thanks for hearing me out.

FSA
Lieutenant Free Syrian Army

Postby Free Syrian Army on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:41 am

THANKS =D>

Postby Free Syrian Army on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:47 am

Dukasaur wrote:
owenshooter wrote:

I don't agree with forcing the various Hitlers to change their names, but unfortunately it's become the established precedent. If the Hitlers on the site are forced to change their name, the various Stalins and Maos should be forced to change theirs. (Not that I'm in favour of that, but it would be the logical choice.) For some bizarre reason Hitler who is responsible for about 20 million deaths gets people all gloopy in the Gulliver, while Mao who is responsible for 60 million deaths leaves them unaffected. Go figure.

I can't stand in the path of the local zeitgeist about the Hitlers, with its strong lobby and well-established precedent, but I can stand in the path of adding new and exciting names to the pariah list.

=D> Well spoken.

Postby Free Syrian Army on Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:48 am

Serbia wrote:This is such a hilarious and bullshit report. Free Syrian Army is officially one of my top 20 favorite players on this site.

Bollocks.

Thanks for the support, Serbia. =D>

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:19 am

Free Syrian Army wrote:The Free Syrian Army was established to protect civilians from Bashar Assad's army which has for four years been waging war upon it's own population.

If people look at the facts, instead of listening to hype and political BS, they would see the Free Syrian Army as an honorable thing. Kudos to FSA on the name =D>
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:15 am

I posted links to video evidence of war crimes by the FSA. Do not call good what is bad.

There is a logical fallacy in your statement. You assume that one side or the other is in the right if the other side is in the wrong. It is entirely possible, and this appears to be the case, that neither side of a conflict is noble in its cause and/or methods.

The following article, which unfortunately has more than a tinge of political bias (anti-Obama), shows facts on atrocities by the FSA. Additionally, the FSA themselves enjoy posting their cruelty and murder online. There is no lack of evidence.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/syria-atro ... tory/30072
Major Man from Modesto

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:22 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Well... I find it interesting that the organisation was set up AFTER this user joined CC, which would make it co-incidence unless he changed his name before.

From that link...
founded during the Syrian uprising or civil war on 29 July 2011[12] by five[11] or seven defected Syrian officers.

If you execute a "Game Finder" search, you will find that the 1st game played by Free Syrian Army started on July 2, 2009 and ended about a month later. Is it possible he played under a different name prior to that time?
Major Man from Modesto

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:36 am

In any event, it is not really germane to the point: At this time, whatever the intention, whoever really backed it or is currently backing it... the FSA is a violent group which does not respect the law of land warfare or of morality. It is a burning ember in the eye of civilians and Christians in Syria.

To clarify the complaint, I am not making allegations against the player, his skills, or any other personal thing. I am specifically addressing the inappropriate choice of Free Syrian Army as a player name.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby betiko on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:39 am

This guy named himself like that when the free syrian army was seen as the good guys by the western medias, as al assad was slaughtering civilians. Many movements have been against the regime, and this guy was definitely not pretending to advertise for those fundamentalists you have now in 2014. Put things back into 2011 context and try to understand what it must be like to have part of your family stuck in a country where they might get killed any day by the regime.
This had nothing to do with ISIS or any such crap.
Major betiko

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:40 am

There is no lack of evidence of Christian atrocities thoughout history either, but you seem to think that what the Free Syrian Army is allegedly doing is somehow unique. If the technology had existed back in 782, I am sure Charlemagne would have more openly publicized the 4500 Saxons he had beheaded when they were unwilling to convert to Christianity. And don't get me started on the Crusades :o
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:56 am

A nun from an area under FSA control shares stories of evil committed by the FSA.

The cut off a man's fingers, decapitated him, then chopped his body to pieces and dropped it in the road. Christians are treated as bottom-class people without rights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJfottVDnU
Major Man from Modesto

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:31 am

- Religion religion religion!! WTF!! This group is that, that group is this, You believe in what? Dead!!, You believe in who? Dead!! Stone a woman because of what!!? Kill innocent people, why not?? Tell Me , what God / Allah / Budda etc. encourages killing people? This world is so fckd up and Groups use religion as a scapegoat to cause violence. Leave all Your God's/Allah's/ Budda's etc. out of it, I'm sure They want no part of whats goin on, You want to be a violent group then just say " Hey, We are fckd up individuals who like to kill people".

-FSA has been here for 5 years and 6500 wars under his belt now this, Let this go MfM. I believe the statute of limitations is way past.
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby Man from Modesto on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:58 am

ignoring the post from magnuscreole, and responding to a wall post from whydelilah:

This player chose the name Free Syrian Army before the birth of the current abomination raping, maiming and generally embodying Satan's will. So, with consideration of that (and assuming the news reports that the current FSA is different from the one imagined by our fellow CC player) then:

I retract my submission to CC mods for action. Instead, I appeal to the common sense of the player known as "Free Syrian Army" to change his monicker. It is often wise to avoid the appearance the evil. And, this is a case where it is certainly easily going to be taken as the current headliner, and not some fictitious group imagined by the player.

Flying the banner of this name is very much in step with support of the worst kind of murder, or as the Arabs call it, red death.
Major Man from Modesto

Next

Return to Closed C&A Reports