Conquer Club

Closed Name Abuse: "Free Syrian Army"

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: Name Abuse: "Free Syrian Army"[sn]

Postby Serbia on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:06 am

How about simply foeing this player, so you don't have to look at the name? He should not be forced to change anything simply because an individual finds it offensive.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Re: Name Abuse: "Free Syrian Army"

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:03 pm

Man from Modesto wrote:ignoring the post from magnuscreole, and responding to a wall post from whydelilah:

This player chose the name Free Syrian Army before the birth of the current abomination raping, maiming and generally embodying Satan's will. So, with consideration of that (and assuming the news reports that the current FSA is different from the one imagined by our fellow CC player) then:

I retract my submission to CC mods for action. Instead, I appeal to the common sense of the player known as "Free Syrian Army" to change his monicker. It is often wise to avoid the appearance the evil. And, this is a case where it is certainly easily going to be taken as the current headliner, and not some fictitious group imagined by the player.

Flying the banner of this name is very much in step with support of the worst kind of murder, or as the Arabs call it, red death.

- For Your future posts and quotes, You don't have to state that your ignoring my ( Magnuscreole?) post and answering another's, all you have to do is click that lil icon that says [[QUOTE].
- And I understand your comment on appearance of evil to a certain degree, But FSA obv. had the name first, It's the group in Syria that should change Their name. How about that!!! Why don't you contact Them and tell Them that name They chose is already taken?
Major MagnusGreeol

Postby owenshooter on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Serbia wrote:How about simply foeing this player, so you don't have to look at the name? He should not be forced to change anything simply because an individual finds it offensive.

Bollocks.

well see, now that just doesn't work... they are going to have to decide one way or the other... and i just don't see how they can deem it offensive, since it was set up before the current state of affairs.. what if mexico suddenly turns into a terrorist state and one of america's largest foes... does that mean that all usernames with Mexico will then be considered offensive and all names must be changed and the mexican flag eliminated from maps and user profiles and avatars, sigs, etc? he set it up years before what is going on, i don't see how they can logically make him change it...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Serbia on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:50 pm

owenshooter wrote:
Serbia wrote:How about simply foeing this player, so you don't have to look at the name? He should not be forced to change anything simply because an individual finds it offensive.

Bollocks.

well see, now that just doesn't work... they are going to have to decide one way or the other... and i just don't see how they can deem it offensive, since it was set up before the current state of affairs.. what if mexico suddenly turns into a terrorist state and one of america's largest foes... does that mean that all usernames with Mexico will then be considered offensive and all names must be changed and the mexican flag eliminated from maps and user profiles and avatars, sigs, etc? he set it up years before what is going on, i don't see how they can logically make him change it...-JĆ©sus noir

I totally agree with you. I'm not one who thinks names should be changed for "offensive" reasons, the only exceptions being names which are inherently racist or bigoted. This name is neither. You can look at any ethnically based name and deem it offensive for one reason or another. I'm sure some people might find my username offensive for personal reasons. Perhaps there is an Owen out there somewhere who was shot, and would be reminded of the man who shot him every time he reads your name. That's a traumatic memory, but no reason to make you change your name.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby owenshooter on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:18 pm

Man from Modesto wrote:A nun from an area under FSA control shares stories of evil committed by the FSA.

The cut off a man's fingers, decapitated him, then chopped his body to pieces and dropped it in the road. Christians are treated as bottom-class people without rights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJfottVDnU

an organization created and backed by the U.S... let me unleash saxi on you...

Subject: ISIS - Who da f*ck are you?

saxitoxin wrote:The U.S. funded the Syrian "rebels" without any thought of exactly what alternative to Dr. Bashar al-Assad might emerge out of the desert. But the people who have fought to hold the line against the darkness the last 50 years knew exactly what was coming. When Saif al-Islam was captured in Libya, he said, "You people have no idea what you have unleashed. Within a year or two you will learn but, on that day, do not say Saif al-Islam did not warn you." And he was right. The U.S. has single handidly set-out about the end of the world. The unfortunate reality is that ISIS is unstoppable and unbeatable. What's going to happen next is set in stone and will be horrible beyond anyone's imagination.

In 2010, Wikileaks shows, that Syria offered to cooperate with the U.S. in hunting down these takfiri but the U.S. decided "no." Why? Salafists are the #1 threat to the U.S., but the Syrian Arab Republic is the #1 threat to Israel. And the U.S. does what is in Israel's interest, even if it means its own suicide.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/10DA ... HB6RB6UCDN

here we go...-JĆ©sus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Major.Bossman on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:28 pm

This is turning into a political debate. This thread is probably going to be locked as it will probably go on a tangent. However in light of all the information presented by both sides it should be noted that the rebel group Free Syrian army has committed both good and evil. In this modern age we are presented with a continual flux of information and disinformation which can warp our views from reality. We may tend to label a group a group good or evil when we are only presented with the actions of a few of its individuals. We are all aware that the governments of the world past and present whether American, British, Syrian, Egyptian, Chinese, or Russian have committed infamous atrocities through either covert or overt actions. In this seemingly never ending ebb and flow of events, we must remember that our views are normally subjective instead of objective.
Colonel Major.Bossman

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Man from Modesto wrote:A nun from an area under FSA control shares stories of evil committed by the FSA.

The cut off a man's fingers, decapitated him, then chopped his body to pieces and dropped it in the road. Christians are treated as bottom-class people without rights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJfottVDnU

You act as if practioners of Islam are the only people who have committed atrocities. Care to take a look back in time to the butchery and cannibalism in Ma'arra, done by CHRISTIANS, during the Crusades? The Crusaders' chronicler at the time, Radulph of Caen, not only admitted this genocide, but also added, with pride, the following horrifying words: "In Ma'arra our troops boiled pagan adults in cooking pots; they impaled children on spits and devoured them grilled." Another Christian Crusader chronicler, Albert of Aix, who took part in the carnage of Ma'arra bragged, "Not only did our troops not shrink from eating dead Turks and Saracens ; they also ate dogs!"
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby Keefie on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:45 pm

What a complete load of tripe has been posted in this thread.

It's pretty much agreed by the Allies fighting Islamic State that the FSA are the 'good' guys in Syria. Only yesterday Kurdish Fighters in Syria are being encouraged to join the FSA by the Turkish government.

As for atrocities, well the US Army is well known for committing a few of those, so is the British Army and just about every bloody army in history.

Man from Modesto, I suggest you get a more rounded historical knowledge and actually read about whats happening in Iraq/Syria before jumping to ridiculous accusations.

As for our Free Syrian Army, he's definitely one of the good guys.
Captain Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Man from Modesto on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:52 am

Bollocks.

I have already foe'd this player. And, that does NOT stop me from seeing the name. Your foes' names are not invisible, only their comments.

And, clearly, I am not the only person who finds it repulsive - not merely offensive. Seeing that name posted like it is cool is like seeing the statement, "Let's go out and rape some Christians! Let's strip our soldier prisoners down to their underwear, march them like chained slaves, and then gun them down in the desert, film the whole thing and post it to the Internet."

It is WORSE than that. Permitting this kind of statement has the potential to warp the great community we have here. If someone wants to name themselves from the following list, why should they not? Use the reasoning FSA defenders have used above:

SS Jew Hunter
Professional Rapist
Kill Rape and Mutilate
Christian Killer
Proud War Criminal

The spirit of these names is not much different from the current meaning of FSA.

A better name might be:

Free Syria
Syrian Independence

Is my point more clarified? I hope so.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby Man from Modesto on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:57 am

Major.Bossman wrote:This is turning into a political debate. This thread is probably going to be locked as it will probably go on a tangent. However in light of all the information presented by both sides it should be noted that the rebel group Free Syrian army has committed both good and evil. In this modern age we are presented with a continual flux of information and disinformation which can warp our views from reality. We may tend to label a group a group good or evil when we are only presented with the actions of a few of its individuals. We are all aware that the governments of the world past and present whether American, British, Syrian, Egyptian, Chinese, or Russian have committed infamous atrocities through either covert or overt actions. In this seemingly never ending ebb and flow of events, we must remember that our views are normally subjective instead of objective.

+1 for being the first person to actually show an understanding of how huge disinformation is... in the MSM, at least. The limited truth we receive today comes from independent bloggers and 1st-person video posted to the Internet.
Major Man from Modesto

Postby Kaskavel on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:16 am

Colonel Kaskavel

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:39 am

I can t help thinking about this simpsons conspiracy theory in syria 8 years before it even happen.. Worth watching cause totally what the OP is doing with the accused.

Major betiko

Postby Man from Modesto on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:28 am

Just one more video, then I will leave off this topic. This article is from 2013. It addresses the "ethnic cleansing of Kurds." They stopped a bus full of people and murdered them all, including a mother and her 40-day old infant. Why? Because they are not Muslim.

The media seems to always leave that out. The FSA kill and murder anyone not their specific form of Islam. That includes all Christians, all Buddhists, all Kurds, all Coptics, all Shiites, all Druze, and even Muslims they consider to be failing to live to their standard.

The FSA, ISIS, Al-Qaida, Al-Shabab and other jihadi groups are all united in this one thing: to kill and destroy by the sword anything not Muslim.

This is the reason a huge exodus from Islam is taking place all over the world.

And, this user should follow their wisdom: ditch the FSA monicker. It is poisoned, and that is blatantly obvious and extremely well documented.

http://pamelageller.com/2013/09/free-sy ... d-ba.html/
Major Man from Modesto

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am

Dukasaur wrote:I can't stand in the path of the local zeitgeist about the Hitlers, with its strong lobby and well-established precedent, but I can stand in the path of adding new and exciting names to the pariah list.

I don't care about this and I only read half the thread, I just had to comment on one thing; new and exciting names? Really? :lol:
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:45 am

Man from Modesto wrote:In any event, it is not really germane to the point: At this time, whatever the intention, whoever really backed it or is currently backing it... the FSA is a violent group which does not respect the law of land warfare or of morality. It is a burning ember in the eye of civilians and Christians in Syria.

To clarify the complaint, I am not making allegations against the player, his skills, or any other personal thing. I am specifically addressing the inappropriate choice of Free Syrian Army as a player name.

Hahaha, "the law of land warfare"? The Geneva Convention and the like are laws that are essentially a luxury. It's understandable when some group can't afford such standards. But regardless of intentions, if a certain organization's wars and active measures have resulted in the deaths of more civilians than the civilian kill count from all terrorists, then appealing to morality and the 'law of land warfare' is weak sauce.

Anyway, on topic: the FSA has become deplorable, and I agree with Duk's stance on name-changing. The main question for the name change is this:

if an organization's reputation was generally good in 2009 but has become pretty awful in 2014, should the user be forced to change their username?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Doctor Spin on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:08 am

1. This is all bollocks
2. I laugh when certain people feign offence at the slightest non-PC utterance
3. I agree that this is "a fucking war game" - so get over it, sensitive types. Start banning Hitlers, Stalins and Free Syrian Armies, then there is no end to it. What next? Ban the name "Piers Morgan" just because some people are offended by him?
4. Religious people always feign offence the most, and always think they're right! (lol - I await the fervour!)
5. Hahahahahahaha
Lieutenant Doctor Spin

Postby Edric Wolfswift on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:27 am

Doctor Spin wrote:Ban the name "Piers Morgan" just because some people are offended by him?

A very good point... In 2012 a man from modesto tried to steal my gym bag, and I was highly offended... I think the OP should change his name now :o
Private Edric Wolfswift

Postby sniffie on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:08 pm

This is not general discussion, so I am closing this.
I'll discuss this with my fellow multi hunters and you'll read my verdict in some time.

sniff
Sergeant 1st Class sniffie
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby king achilles on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Free Syrian Army wrote:May I have my say ?

The Free Syrian Army was established by deserters from the Syrian regular army. Soldiers and officers deserted from the Syrian army because they were unwilling to fire upon peacefully protesting civilians from their own cities and neighbourhoods. The Free Syrian Army was established to protect civilians from Bashar Assad's army which has for four years been waging war upon it's own population.

The Free Syrian Army does not kill Christians or civilians. These accusations are completely false and the Free Syrian Army in fact has Christian soldiers within its ranks.

With many thanks for hearing me out.

FSA
Man from Modesto wrote:ignoring the post from magnuscreole, and responding to a wall post from whydelilah:

This player chose the name Free Syrian Army before the birth of the current abomination raping, maiming and generally embodying Satan's will. So, with consideration of that (and assuming the news reports that the current FSA is different from the one imagined by our fellow CC player) then:

I retract my submission to CC mods for action. Instead, I appeal to the common sense of the player known as "Free Syrian Army" to change his monicker. It is often wise to avoid the appearance the evil. And, this is a case where it is certainly easily going to be taken as the current headliner, and not some fictitious group imagined by the player.

Flying the banner of this name is very much in step with support of the worst kind of murder, or as the Arabs call it, red death.

Taken from these posts, I'd say there was no malicious intent on the person's part when he chose to create his username.
Now the realization after the explanation, I can see that the TS is only concerned, and this has become more of giving an open door should FSA be wiling to change his username. This is not a force change.

Some thought that came upon from the discussion with the other hunters and an admin, if ever some people out there form a group and make atrocious stuff to the world in the name of their beliefs and they happen to name their group as one of our members here, are we likely to see a future complaint about his username as we now hold his name against him by then?
Please make use of the foe list when needed.

Feel free to continue your discussions about this matter in the GD forum.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports