Conquer Club

Noted mr_inverto & Edfield - multi or SD [IP]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

mr_inverto & Edfield - multi or SD [IP]

Postby death quads on Sun May 23, 2021 1:03 am

Accused:

mr_inverto
Edfield

The accused are suspected of:

Being Multis
Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 20864052

Comments:
I had abandoned the south of the map and noticed red (mr_inverto) was taking over the big southern bonuses, which usually spells the end of the game on this map. As he grew, i made a push deep into his bonus area and found that both red (mr_inverto) and yellow (Edfield) were holding the major bonuses in the south and not attacking each other. I thought that was strange, so i looked up games with both players and found mr_inverto & Edfield have played 60+ games together, often with one of them creating the game and the other being one of the first 2-3 players to join that game. I mentioned that they had played a lot of games together and they claimed to be friends in real life, although their IP’s apparently have them in the UK & Australia. Maybe they are friends, but their gameplay seems odd and mutually beneficial, given they aren’t chatting in-game. Red claimed he “has no idea” where anyone is or whether yellow is in his area. The next turn, following my attack on red, yellow blocked my path with a stack of 25 troops. Seems like a strange place for your stack when the next largest opponent (red) has multiple attack points around your bonus areas.

If i’m wrong, i apologize in advance, but i think it’s worth looking at.
Sergeant 1st Class death quads

Re: mr_inverto & Edfield - duplicate accounts or secrete dip

Postby thegroover on Sun May 23, 2021 7:40 am

I think you can add Rob1080 and Edghar to the list as well.

Look like friends.
Captain thegroover

Postby death quads on Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Also just noticed that both accounts were created the same day, within about 30 minutes (June 2, 2013).

Postby Dukasaur on Tue May 25, 2021 8:58 am

thegroover wrote:I think you can add Rob1080 and Edghar to the list as well.

Look like friends.

I would also add jenjenjenjenjen.

Yeah, I don't usually stick my nose into C&A but for some bizarre reason I was curious and looked at some of these.

Of the five players, two are sergeants, one is a corporal, two are privates. One would think that SD would bring more tangible results and bring them to a higher rank.

There might not be actual SD. They might just be really bad players who like the company of other really bad players...:)

Anyway, don't let my coloured nametag fool you. I know nothing about this shit. I was just here in my unofficial capacity, suffering a random bout of the Noseys.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby mr_inverto on Tue May 25, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi,

Yes, all those people are my friends - I don't hide it, they're listed as friends in the system... Me and Ed probably joined up at the same time to play in the same game, and now none of the others are members so I start most of the games we play and invite them. Sometimes just with friends, sometimes with some additional random people to make it more interesting. I don't really care about ranking points, so depite playing a lot of games I don't have the best rank. And I think its the same for most of them, probably most of the games they play we're playing together. None of us are in it for the ranking points, just for fun. I play more games than them because I'm a member so can have more running at once.

Is that a problem? We haven't spoken about this game at all, I don't know why Ed left some troops there but I'm 100% certain its not to protect me. And yes, I know these people from school but I moved to Australia 10 years ago, so they'll be very different IPs and times that we're playing.
Major mr_inverto

Postby jenjenjenjenjen on Wed May 26, 2021 5:49 am

Dukasaur wrote:
thegroover wrote:I think you can add Rob1080 and Edghar to the list as well.

Look like friends.

I would also add jenjenjenjenjen.

Yeah, I don't usually stick my nose into C&A but for some bizarre reason I was curious and looked at some of these.

Of the five players, two are sergeants, one is a corporal, two are privates. One would think that SD would bring more tangible results and bring them to a higher rank.

There might not be actual SD. They might just be really bad players who like the company of other really bad players...:)

Anyway, don't let my coloured nametag fool you. I know nothing about this shit. I was just here in my unofficial capacity, suffering a random bout of the Noseys.

:lol: Really bad player. This is hilariously petty! =D>
Corporal 1st Class jenjenjenjenjen

Postby rob1080 on Wed May 26, 2021 6:11 am

I actually am a really bad player... but I still enjoy it... and I'm not a fan of diplomacy, secret or otherwise

I think the problem here is more:
- bad tactics that have evolved through our friends-only games
- on-going grudges between us that span multiple games
- probably a bit of natural affinity bias too

but we play for the joy of beating each other... rather than for mutual benefits and points
Corporal 1st Class rob1080

Postby IcePack on Wed May 26, 2021 5:10 pm

mr_inverto wrote:Hi,

Yes, all those people are my friends - I don't hide it, they're listed as friends in the system... Me and Ed probably joined up at the same time to play in the same game, and now none of the others are members so I start most of the games we play and invite them. Sometimes just with friends, sometimes with some additional random people to make it more interesting. I don't really care about ranking points, so depite playing a lot of games I don't have the best rank. And I think its the same for most of them, probably most of the games they play we're playing together. None of us are in it for the ranking points, just for fun. I play more games than them because I'm a member so can have more running at once.

Is that a problem? We haven't spoken about this game at all, I don't know why Ed left some troops there but I'm 100% certain its not to protect me. And yes, I know these people from school but I moved to Australia 10 years ago, so they'll be very different IPs and times that we're playing.

Can you clarify the statement "they're listed as friends in the system"?

Generally speaking its not a problem unless its abused, but inviting nearly everyone and having random unsuspecting people stumble into your private games and giving preferential treatment to them would be considered an issue.

rob1080 wrote:I actually am a really bad player... but I still enjoy it... and I'm not a fan of diplomacy, secret or otherwise

I think the problem here is more:
- bad tactics that have evolved through our friends-only games
- on-going grudges between us that span multiple games
- probably a bit of natural affinity bias too

but we play for the joy of beating each other... rather than for mutual benefits and points

The bias towards your friends is the issue. If you want to play games with your friends that fine, but if you're going to act like a team you should create team games and play vs other teams. Otherwise, creating standard games and having one or two unsuspecting people where they dont know you're all friends can create the impression you're ganging up (whether its true or not)

I'll have to look at the SD angle a little closer, but for now they're cleared as multi's and will wait additional response.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby mr_inverto on Wed May 26, 2021 7:04 pm

IcePack wrote:
Can you clarify the statement "they're listed as friends in the system"?

Generally speaking its not a problem unless its abused, but inviting nearly everyone and having random unsuspecting people stumble into your private games and giving preferential treatment to them would be considered an issue.

Under the control panel, they're listed as friends so I can pick them quickly for setting up new games. I don't know if you can see that under my profile, I just checked yours and couldn't see who you have listed as friends and foes so I guess you can't see other people's but I assume an Admin type person can see it?

We don't collude against people, we just play a lot of games together because we're friends and sometimes its more fun to have differnet people involved as well. There's no secret diplomacy going on, I hate all that stuff.

This kind of thing happens to me all the time in games, two people who clearly should be attacking each other aren't, I've never thought to report it before, maybe because I don't care about the ranking points, I'm just doing it for fun, as you can probably tell by my ranking :) I can honestly say we haven't said a single word to each other about any of the games we're playing at the moment.
Major mr_inverto

Re: mr_inverto & Edfield - multi or SD [IP]

Postby death quads on Wed May 26, 2021 10:13 pm

So in the game I referred to when I originally created this thread, Edghar, Edfield and jenjenjenjenjen all just missed their turns.

That’s not weird at all, right?

I suppose they’re all on vacation together?

Postby mr_inverto on Thu May 27, 2021 1:09 am

Doubt it, Edgar is in Canada, Jen replied to this thread above so she's around. Maybe they just don't like being acused of cheating? Or are you suggesting they're all the same person?
Major mr_inverto

Postby jenjenjenjenjen on Thu May 27, 2021 3:39 am

death quads wrote:So in the game I referred to when I originally created this thread, Edghar, Edfield and jenjenjenjenjen all just missed their turns.

That’s not weird at all, right?

I suppose they’re all on vacation together?

I did miss a go this weekend which really annoyed me, but I was shagging my boyfriend, which is like a holiday, I guess. I want to beat my friends more than randoms.
Corporal 1st Class jenjenjenjenjen

Postby Edfield on Thu May 27, 2021 3:48 am

Anyone for a game of kerplunk?
Sergeant 1st Class Edfield

Postby IcePack on Thu May 27, 2021 7:24 am

Please do not spam C&A unless you’re adding to the case.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Thu May 27, 2021 6:20 pm

IcePack , i suspect the " listed as friends in the system" just means the personal friends list which like the foes list is invisible to the random player

sounds like the issue here which these nice folk hadn't realized is their settling scores and joy in competing which each other create an unbalalnced game for the unsuspecting stranger
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby Major Lee Fkd on Fri May 28, 2021 7:57 am

I read over and over "they had lightly defended borders and did not attack each other.they must have a secret truce.It's called "know your enemy" Sun-tzu The Art Of War.Good diplomacy does not take place over a single game.It takes history to "know"someone and how they can be expected to react.I might defend a border completely differently with one player as opposed to another given the history of how the person plays.To me that's the whole game.There,I just gave away my whole strategy.
Major Major Lee Fkd

Postby death quads on Fri May 28, 2021 7:03 pm

Major Lee Fkd wrote:I read over and over "they had lightly defended borders and did not attack each other.they must have a secret truce.It's called "know your enemy" Sun-tzu The Art Of War.Good diplomacy does not take place over a single game.It takes history to "know"someone and how they can be expected to react.I might defend a border completely differently with one player as opposed to another given the history of how the person plays.To me that's the whole game.There,I just gave away my whole strategy.

Where did you read that over and over?

I said they weren’t attacking each other; I never said anything about “lightly defended borders” or stated anything about them defending their borders at all.

You should reserve quotations for quotes. Or if you’re paraphrasing, make sure your paraphrased statement aligns with the reference material.

Postby Major Lee Fkd on Sat May 29, 2021 8:33 am

Go through and read old cheating and abuse reports.the same argument is made all the time.here is what you wrote.this time i'm not "paraphrasing"...both red (mr_inverto) and yellow (Edfield) were holding the major bonuses in the south and not attacking each other. I thought that was strange
Major Major Lee Fkd

Postby mr_inverto on Sun May 30, 2021 12:59 am

You make a great point Major, and I think that's very true - plus if you saw the boarders, they were actually heavily defended as well. Whereas it was weak to the north, so I was going that way.

Now Ed's missed two turns, he's got 50 in deferred troops and he's going to destroy me. Shall I open a complaint about that?
Major mr_inverto

Postby IcePack on Sun May 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Alright, after looking into this I dont see evidence of multi's or secret diplomacy.

HOWEVER, I will note it to the various friends accounts listed here. That way if they continue to play with unsuspecting players in standard games and there continues to be suspicions of their activity in the future we will have a reference point.

If you (the group) want to play with random's then I suggest you consider playing some team games together so its not perceived as foul play.

IP
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IcePack on Sun May 30, 2021 2:50 pm

Noted
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Closed C&A Reports