Conquer Club

Busted Cooper167 and cooper12 [IP]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Cooper167 and cooper12 [IP]

Postby carlosika on Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:15 am

Accused:

Cooper167
Cooper12

The accused are suspected of:

Being Multis

Game number(s):

Game 21260179

Comments:
Major carlosika

Re: Cooper167 and cooper12

Postby Deanos75 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:55 am

Hi Guys,

Cooper12 is my 9yr old son. He plays either on my computer or the computer a few metres away from me or on his tablet. You can tell if you play him in a game and then play me we are different people. He plays like his rank.

I was just about to write that Cooper167 is not connected and you would be able to see this with the IP address and i have just asked Cooper and he has just confessed that he did indeed recently set up this account...they are indeed multi's....i am in shock.

He loves risk and i have just told him he is going to be banned for life and he is distressed.

Is there any forgiveness for a child where you can ban his Cooper167 account and give a kid foregiveness??

PS I cannot believe he has done this. Hes a good kid and we have talked much about playing by the rules.

Regards

Dean
Brigadier Deanos75

Postby Deanos75 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:33 am

Hi Again,

Im not sure if it makes any difference but i have more context from Coops. He says he was using his Ipad and typed in the login (instead of using the prefill memory), typed it in wrong and not really knowing what was going on then proceeded to 'accidentally' make a second account. He then realised it was a second account and instead of aborting, having come that far, then started using it (playing firstly just against himself) and then decided to play a game which is truly wrong by joining a 3 person game and ganging up on the third (what we all hate here).

This has been going on just a few days apparently (hence why i had not caught him yet!)

He told me this teary in bed (its 8.30pm here). If there is any leniency whatsoever i am fairly sure he will never do this again.

Late edit: The more i think about this, if there is a chance of leniency, as his Dad i don't actually want him to get off free, I would still like to see him get a ban (maybe 30 days - that is a long time for a kid), so that he can be taught a good life lesson out of this. Cheating going unpunished is not healthy for him.

Cheers

Dean
Last edited by Deanos75 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brigadier Deanos75

Postby carlosika on Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:53 am

That's ok he is forgiven of course

quote="Deanos75"]Hi Guys,

Cooper12 is my 9yr old son. He plays either on my computer or the computer a few metres away from me or on his tablet. You can tell if you play him in a game and then play me we are different people. He plays like his rank.

I was just about to write that Cooper167 is not connected and you would be able to see this with the IP address and i have just asked Cooper and he has just confessed that he did indeed recently set up this account...they are indeed multi's....i am in shock.

He loves risk and i have just told him he is going to be banned for life and he is distressed.

Is there any forgiveness for a child where you can ban his Cooper167 account and give a kid foregiveness??

PS I cannot believe he has done this. Hes a good kid and we have talked much about playing by the rules.

Regards

Dean[/quote]
Major carlosika

Postby Major Lee Fkd on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:12 am

I'm all for forgiveness.The first part of the story, a 9 year old creating another account and using it, then getting caught and being sorry seems about right.The second part of his story,"accidentally" typing in the wrong login then going with it, sounds even more like a 9year old making up a story to cover his crime.This truly sounds like a case where the coverup is worse than the crime.I would like to ask him, without consequence ,if deep down in his heart he really did it by mistake.If he could answer the truth to that question to himself and to his father it could be the lesson of a lifetime.
Major Major Lee Fkd

Re: Cooper167 and cooper12 [IP]

Postby IcePack on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:10 am

Pending
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Deanos75 on Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:33 pm

Hi Major Lee,

I hear you. I have just re-quizzed him this morning and he has come clean. He didnt tell me the full truth last night because 'he was upset and thought he'd' get in more trouble'. This morning he is telling me that 'i was getting excited that my points were getting high and i wanted to go up a rank and so i made the account but as i was making it i was thinking why am i doing this as i was doing this but i did it anyway' (his words)

There was no accident.

The most disappointing aspect for me is we have had long discussions about how to behave online, polite, no cheating etc and he still went ahead and did this. We specifically spoke about multi's /collusion and him and i never play together for that reason (except 1v1 against each other or teams on the same team) otherwise he might either help me or smash me unfairly due to the connection - so he knows well that its wrong.

Dean
Brigadier Deanos75

Postby Major Lee Fkd on Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:05 pm

He sounds like a good kid with a good Dad. I wonder how it would be for him if HE made the decision to write up a little explanation and post it here?
Major Major Lee Fkd

Postby Cooper12 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:08 am

I am so sorry I admit I did it but I was just desperate and I got a bit carried away.
I won't do it again and I did it because I have never been past a Sargent and every person I clicked on had so I felt a little left out.
without thinking of the rules I made another account but then I realised it was wrong but it was too late.
Sergeant Cooper12

Postby shoop76 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:36 am

Besides the points being lost, I don't see a great harm in this. He has seen that he has made a mistake and been caught, a great lesson not only for CC, but also for real life. Let him off with a warning, I'm sure he will not do this again. Just this weekend my 10 year old son asked me to show him the game, which I will do soon. I find it great that these kids are interested. Don't make a ruling to push him away.
Sergeant 1st Class shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby concrete on Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 am

It would really suck if this kid gets anymore then a 30 day ban (what his father asked for). I believe he learned from this. And by the way, the dad sounds like a good dad. I hope the powers that be listen to him.
Captain concrete

Location: Highest score...3251 /#49 .... sitters: RKCVED, scottp

Postby Ark_Angel_NZ on Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:42 pm

To whom it may concern,

Playing with Cooper is always a pleasure. He is a polite and friendly kid, who I have seen to be always very respectful of other players on the site.
In this instance, he has broken the rules, but I too agree with others on this thread that we should not let the punishment permanently deter a very young enthusiastic player. We've all made mistakes when we were kids, most of us were fortunate that those consequences didn't follow us into our adult lives.

Kind regards, Ark
Brigadier Ark_Angel_NZ

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Alright - well lets start off with the obvious at this point.

Cooper12 & Cooper167 are busted.

That being said, the admin have decided they won't make Dad buy back premium. Premium's been restored on the account after the bust.

We'll leave it as a life lesson best learnt early, and hope its smooth sailing from here.
As far as any additional punishments issued (such as 30 days banned or whatever), we will leave it in the capable hands of Deanos75 to determine how best to turn this into a teachable moment but there won't be one officially on our side of the equation.

Cheers
IP
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby riskllama on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:25 pm

*polite clapping*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Deanos75 on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your understanding and kind words. Cooper and I have agreed he will have a family imposed 30 day ban. He will return 26 Nov.

On a lighter note, while i am fairly certain this will not happen again, i will be checking his games and given the low level of sophistication of this operation it wont be hard....i will just look for other accounts also named Cooper which he has a 100% winning record against ha.

Dean
Brigadier Deanos75

Postby riskllama on Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:42 pm

that’s tough but fair, Deano - way to parent!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby catnipdreams on Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:31 pm

I'm in a current game against this father/son pair - totally agree with the way this has been decided! Clearly a teachable moment, glad it is being handled so nicely for all concerned. I was enjoying my game against this very nice dubs team, and am looking forward to more games with them as opponents, after the month has passed. We have all made judgement errors when we were kids.... :roll:
Major catnipdreams

Postby concrete on Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:02 pm

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Captain concrete

Location: Highest score...3251 /#49 .... sitters: RKCVED, scottp

Postby thegroover on Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:56 am

Well played CC.

Makes a pleasant change for someone to fess up and apologise instead of doing it again under a different name!
Captain thegroover

Postby TheSpaceCowboy on Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:11 pm

Dean is great and look forward to seeing more of Cooper.

Glad to see a solution that works for everyone.

Well played, Dad and Mods.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier TheSpaceCowboy

Return to Closed C&A Reports