Conquer Club

[Abandoned] American Heartland

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: American Heartland :focus on Kentucky:

Postby Epitaph1 on Tue May 22, 2012 12:38 pm

One of Paducah's claims to fame is that is has one of the nation's largest storage sites for low level nuclear waste. It's not too far from a pretty substantial fault line too.

I like the thought of balancing the state by adding Paducah instead of Florence. Florence is within 20 miles of Cinci, and Covington & Newport are right across the river from Cinci. It would be fun to have it on a CC map, but I don't know if would be the best fit gameplay-wise.

You could also use Ashland or Hazard as options if you are looking to space out the cities a bit. Neither have very big populations, but Ashland has a pretty substantial oil refining industry and Hazard seems to have some strange notoriety within the state (I was raised in Northern Kentucky).
Major Epitaph1

Postby army of nobunaga on Tue May 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Well you have your opinion and I have mine. I look forward to your arizona and wyoming projects.

And England 600ad is england. You can call it what you want. Its yet another easy retread.

gl
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby The Bison King on Tue May 22, 2012 1:20 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:Well you have your opinion and I have mine. I look forward to your arizona and wyoming projects.

And England 600ad is england. You can call it what you want. Its yet another easy retread.

gl

Ok thanks goodbye
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed May 23, 2012 2:48 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:i like you bison... and you know im honest.

So ill say Meh... this isnt giving me a boner in any way.

Its pretty lame actually.

and Im not just picking on you... I told DiM that marooned was the worst map I have ever seen... And it really is, this one is not that bad.

You have a lot of talent and I wish you would branch out of england and america.... but you will take this for what you will and push on and finish this map.

just promise me the next one will not be a limp ass fish. k?

Noone has ver done a real alamo map.. how about when the spanish conquered the impenetrable island of the Mayans in mexico city? dude that is like the first 2 off of my head....

but here I stare at Kentucky.

Ken-friggin-tobacco-tucky

push it through because that is what you guys with shitty ideas do anyways here.... just in the next map try to understand noone wants a fucking Idaho map.

cheers

If you're not going to post constructive criticism of the map, go ahead and feel free to leave the thread alone. There's no need for you to drop in to map threads and let the creators know how stupid you think there map is. The only thing that accomplishes is getting yourself put on ignore lists when you actually do have constructive things to say.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed May 23, 2012 11:04 pm

My opinion is as good as yours... I have recently told a few people that a map sucked, not only to your good friend Bison. Not all criticism is going to make you weak kneed mammas boys happy.

Building something for the sake of building something is not always positive. IN ANY facet of life.

If a man helps to lower a bar in a system I believe in (the foundry) then yes... I WILL speak out. make me stop! This is a dirt ass map. It will not be played. Its not even very historically accurate. I do not like it. That is my opinion. I have invested thousands in CC over the years. I am vested and have a vested interest in its survival.

I do not pop in and out. I have posted in this forum for years... before you.

I have crossmapped 180 maps, and have played something like 7000 games. I have education, and experience. I WILL post my opinion.

These state maps are stupid, dull, and uninteresting. And I feel they lower the bar here. While I was away there were maps pushed through this system that I can only scratch my head at. Noone had the courage to say "Hey man, you work really hard and have a lot of talent, but this latest idea is not that great."

If you are not constantly trying to make a product better, then you are failing... IN ANY facet of life.

Sorry.

have a good day.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby The Bison King on Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Ok I think you should just go ahead and bin this for now. I kind of don't have any steam left for this project. I might come back to it later on but I sort of doubt it.

and just to make sure everyone's clear on this. This was my decision, based entirely on how I felt about this project and has very little to do with anything posted by AoN.
Sergeant The Bison King

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:27 pm

[Moved]

Per mapmakers request. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Cartography Assistants will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. :)
Captain nolefan5311

Previous

Return to Recycling Box