Conquer Club

TEAM TRAINING ROLLOUT - SIGN UP HERE

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

TEAM TRAINING ROLLOUT - SIGN UP HERE

Postby ptlowe on Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:26 am

Good Morning ALL. Team Training begins today. We will be accepting students for doubles training today. Games will begin once I have a list of students and teachers cemented.

In order for students to be trained in triples and quads they will need to graduate from doubles training first. Each student will be assigned a teacher who will guide them through the training process. The doubles program is a minimum of 3 games but there is no limit to the amount of doubles games the student may have to play in order to graduate. Graduation depends upon the teachers recommendation.

Please read the rules below, once you have read the rules, you may request to be a student in the SOC Team Training Accademy. If you do request training, you are accepting the rules and agreeing to abide by them.

If your are looking to be an instructor pm me directly.

Rule 1 - This is training, it is meant to be fun. At no time, can you pick a fight with anyone else in the group. If you have a disagreement, begin with a cool and level headed approach of pm them. If that does not resolve the problem pm me and will work it out with the conflicting parties. This is to be a drama free and happy atmosphere and I plan to keep it that way

Rule 2 - Missed turns are unacceptable. From the beginning students should fine turn buddies to help them take their turns on time. The buddy must be a fellow student or a teacher. If a student misses more then 3 turns in training they are kicked out of team training for 2 months. If they still want to try again they can make an application detailing what they will gain from the training and how they have learned from their mistakes.

Rule 3 - students must post ideas on strategy, there cannot be any round in which they play where they do not give their best idea and then work out how it is good or bad and whether they can make a better move. The posting will be done in a classroom and thread specifically setup for your games. This is mandatory, if you do not post then you will be removed from team training. You can not learn if you are letting your teacher do all of the thinking for you. Teachers are there to guide you, not tell you what to do. Give a man a fish, feed a man for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life.

Rule 4 - You must write a short paragraph or application on who you are and why upi are interested in being a part of the team training academy.

Rule 5 -Students must be committed to this program as it is intensive and will be hard to pass. The point of this program is to teach team games not just give someone a general understanding. I can teach a man how to make fire with matchesā€¦.once he runs out of matches then what will he do. Better to teach students in the way that will sustain their play.

I look forward to meeting you and helping students learn the ins and outs of team training. I will keep a log here of students who sign up.

Happy Hunting

-Ptlowe

Team Training Students
1) 40kguy
2) Gemini_II
3) Killercheez
4) shoan
5) Iron Butterfly
6) GregDavidson
7) Fewnx
8) Lestat1779
9) hewhoisdum
10) tdbond_21
11) smiley bone
12) KittyKatara
13) joshn7
14) wmdvanzyl
15) Fattyschippy
16) wrisky 50
18) Doc_Brown

Later Date
1) ben.cleuch
2) Dukasaur
3) Lokinet

Need to post

mcrn55
eXeCut0r
Ateas
panchodue
Invdr_zim
Charle
fstuppy
Igor89
notyou2
cdbridges
cy22
MrPipes
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Re: TEAM TRAINING ROLLOUT - SIGN UP HERE

Postby imacamper on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks for putting this together.

Please consider me for future training. However I should probably skip this first session as my Internet access will be intermittent during the month of May and thus, I can not be sure I can take all of my turns.

Cheers,

Drew
Major imacamper

Postby 40kguy on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:35 pm

I will play.

you should consider me, because im experienced and pretty good at doubles. I tend to lose a lot tho. So, i plan on geting help with doubles so i can win almost all of the games.
16:00:18 ā€¹Pixarā€ŗ Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Postby ben.cleuch on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:22 pm

I would like to, but I do not think that I am good enough as a single player yet. Can I ask will this be a rolling type of program with the oportunity to join at a later date when I have a better understanding of the game? If that is the case then it may be for me at a later date. Great idea though. Thanks
Lieutenant ben.cleuch

Postby Gemini_II on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:35 pm

I'm definitely interested in Team Instruction. I feel I have learned alot from being part of the SoC and would like to carry that into team play. I am committed to playing all of my turns and have regularly posted game plans in the forums. Only downside is that I have all of my freemium slots full with the NCO Tourny right now...
Corporal Gemini_II

Postby killercheez on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:59 pm

i will like to join i will follow all of the rules. i am a fairly acceptable player when it comes to team games but i will need a tad bit more help
HIGHEST RANK: Captain_____ SCORE: 1831
Sergeant 1st Class killercheez

Postby shoan on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:10 pm

I would like to do the Team training. I graduated from the SOC Terminator Escalating training and found it helpful. I've started playing more team games & actually tend to enjoy them more, as long as I have a partner that communicates. Indeed, I have a higher win % in team games. i would like to request that Coaches help students understand why they recommend a certain play, rather than just telling them what to play if they disagree with the student's plan. That didn't happen much in the Terminator training.
-------------------------------------------
-[i][color=#000080]shoan[/color][/i]
Major shoan

Postby ptlowe on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:11 pm

shoan wrote:I would like to do the Team training. I graduated from the SOC Terminator Escalating training and found it helpful. I've started playing more team games & actually tend to enjoy them more, as long as I have a partner that communicates. Indeed, I have a higher win % in team games. i would like to request that Coaches help students understand why they recommend a certain play, rather than just telling them what to play if they disagree with the student's plan. That didn't happen much in the Terminator training.

That will happen here. We are here to guide not to tell you what to do.

-pt
Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:24 pm

I would like to be student. I have been a teacher in terminator escalating. I have some experience in doubles but nothing formal. As a teacher/student my style has always been as an anylist. I am chatty and love talking strategy. If being an instructer may cause confusion amoung some I will gladly remove my mod status it until a future date.

Let me know if this works.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby GregDavidson on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:37 pm

I would like to join the team training in doubles. I've done terminator training for quite some time. I would enjoy the student-teacher dialog about strategy and manoovers and choosing one over the other. I love Conquer Club and have the time and interest to devote to this. Sign me up!
Private GregDavidson

Postby ptlowe on Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:I would like to be student. I have been a teacher in terminator escalating. I have some experience in doubles but nothing formal. As a teacher/student my style has always been as an anylist. I am chatty and love talking strategy. If being an instructer may cause confusion amoung some I will gladly remove my mod status it until a future date.

No need. Im actually going to ask for a trade. Ill take you on as a student in teams if you do the same for me in terminator, deal?
Thomas Jefferson
Private 1st Class ptlowe

Postby Lestat1779 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:03 pm

i would like to join the Team Training Program. I love to play team games, but I'm usually in quad games.

I like to share strategy ideas with my partners, and hate it when they do not do the same. Team games should be played as a complete team: developing a game plan, watching what the other team is trying to do, reacting to changes in the games, with no team member ignoring the game plan and playing strictly playing it as a singles game.

I will follow all rules given.
Last edited by Lestat1779 on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
show: sayings
Corporal Lestat1779

Postby eXeCut0r on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:33 pm

I would like to sign up :) even i am pretty new to game i think it will provide me even further udnerstanding of game and team games are always nice :))
Private 1st Class eXeCut0r

Postby hewhoisdum on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:42 pm

I would like to join the Team Training program. I have had mild success in the doubles games I have played, but it is clear there is more to learn. The SOC terminator training significantly helped my CC gaming experience. I am anxious for another friendly environment to build my comfort level with team games. Thank you for putting this together!
-hewhoisdum
Major hewhoisdum

Postby panchodue on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:52 pm

I would like to join the double school. Thanks
Corporal 1st Class panchodue

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:57 pm

Thank you for creating this program.

Well, I would like to sign up for team training. Why? Because I'm a pretty decent solo player on CC, but I absolutely suck at team games. I don't mean a little bit. I mean it's an embarrassment. So I really need some help.

There is one possible problem. During the spring and summer I am a truck driver. I am often away from home for 30 or 40 or even more hours at a time. I've borrowed an IPad that I take on the road with me so I rarely miss turns, but it's impossible to type effectively on an IPad except for the occasional one-liner, and it's impossible to scroll up through logs or many other necessary functions.

When I did my SoC terminator training it was winter so posting was not a problem. But now I wonder if it will be possible. Would it be acceptable if I posted only about 60% of the time? There are many people who could vouch for me that I am not a lazy writer. On the contrary there are some who call me long-winded...:) But I can only write effectively at home, not on the road.

Anyway, I just wanted this out in the open and hear what you have to say. If you think it would be best for me to skip this program for now and wait until work slows down a bit, I will accept that decision. If you're willing to let me in then I would love to do it, but it must be understood that at least some of the time I will not post.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:01 pm

ptlowe wrote:
Iron Butterfly wrote:I would like to be student. I have been a teacher in terminator escalating. I have some experience in doubles but nothing formal. As a teacher/student my style has always been as an anylist. I am chatty and love talking strategy. If being an instructer may cause confusion amoung some I will gladly remove my mod status it until a future date.

No need. Im actually going to ask for a trade. Ill take you on as a student in teams if you do the same for me in terminator, deal?

If that is somthing you would like to do then I would be more then happy. *grin* your win ratio seems to suggest that you would do fine.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Ateas on Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:03 pm

Yes please :) :D :)
Corporal Ateas

Postby mcrn55 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Yes please, I will obey orders
Lieutenant mcrn55

Postby tdbond_21 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:28 pm

I would love to be a part of this.........the reason being is.......as you can see.....i do already have a double medal......but i think a large part of this is mainly because of the partners I have chosen......I think they have made the better decisions then I have......I would very much like to turn this around and have the other where I am the one who knows the better move and can help my teammate become a better partner......the only time I know for a fact I can't take my turn would tomorrow....on Sunday the 17th........So if games start on monday or later or I could have until then to join.........i would definately like to be considered for team training......thank you
Private 1st Class tdbond_21

Postby Lokinet on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:52 pm

I am interested in learning Team games. I would be a good candidate because I follow rules and I like to discuss strategy. I also really dislike it when turns get missed. I am in the middle of the soc noncom tourney though and don't have any slots available, so if as has been asked earlier this will be in rotation, I'd like to be considered for the next batch. Thank you for your time and effort work and your consideration.

Happy Conquering!

-Lokinet
"That, Just Happened! SHAKE 'N' BAKE!"
Captain Lokinet

Postby smiley bone on Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:53 pm

Please consider me for team training as well!The only games i've won are team games and i want to learn and pass this on to the single games as well!I've hardly missed a turn in all my games and i always have an idea about what to do next but i need someone more experienced than me to discuss it with.
Cook smiley bone

Postby Fewnix on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:32 pm

please sign me up.
Lieutenant Fewnix

Postby KittyKatara on Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Please sign me up!!!
I in general learned a lot from you all in the SoC!! I think I have good base strategy but I need help seeing the bigger picture sometimes. I am decent at doubles but I am sure you can all teach me a lot.

and on a slightly different note... i enjoy your "fishing" and "fire" teaching comments! fantastic!!!
Private 1st Class KittyKatara

Postby joshn7 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:35 pm

Looks Like I am a little late to get in this time. However I would love to be put on a waiting list if there is one. I enjoy playing team games, doubles, triples, and quads and am looking forward to learn a little more about how to play these games well.

Thanks,
Joshn7
Sergeant 1st Class joshn7

Next

Return to SoC Training Grounds