Conquer Club

Questions for SoC Advisers

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Questions for SoC Advisers

Postby Leroy Gibbs on Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 am

Hi I am interested in SOC training but am unsure the proper way to get involved. thanks in advance.
Lieutenant Leroy Gibbs

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:57 pm

viewtopic.php?f=341&t=207524

Just reply to the post that you are interested in training and whoever is organizing the next class will contact you.

Glad to have you aboard, Marine.

Individual pm sent as well.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Leroy Gibbs on Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:42 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:Sign up at this link which is in the same forum as you expressed an interest:
viewtopic.php?f=341&t=207524

Just reply to the post that you are interested in training and whoever is organizing the next class will contact you.

Glad to have you aboard, Marine.

Individual pm sent as well.

Hoo-rah!
Lieutenant Leroy Gibbs

Postby Seasrman on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Hello Seasrman here, I am new to playing the game as an adult and with all the varied maps and rules so I signed up for training. I am currently in a class and have read thru the F4M with the guide on what to do, how to begin ect and I don't think I saw this covered anywhere. My understanding is that the person contacting us " our instructor" is to give advise to us while we play games against other people (not in our same class) and have posted for the instructors viewing as we play. In looking for a game or two under the Soc Training Game Link I found my instructor was in the list of people in the games that were closest to being full and starting, (no classmates though). I thought great they can advise me as we play directly in the game possibly setting up various senarious of play, then all the warnings about not playing in games with other classmates kicked in and I wasn't sure if there was a conflict of interest thing possible here that I would be creating and when I joined the initial game screen had the word ""Drop" where there was always an "Enter" before. I scanned the new trainee info and expectations again but didn't see anything on playing with our instructors in an active game while in training but maybe my understanding of the training is incomplete. Please advise on this subject.
Thanks, Seasrman
Private Seasrman

Postby dhallmeyer on Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:03 am

Feel free to play against the instructors. That's why we make those games. Just put their name in the subject line when you post.
Lieutenant dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby Silly Knig-it on Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:40 pm

In case dhallmeyer was a little too quick, let me expand a little.

Let's say I have commented on one of your games but then you find me playing a game that you thought you would join. So in the game I have commented on you will find me not playing. I look for that right away, so if I am in that game I don't look at what you wrote and I don't comment. Your instructors will vary. We are all volunteers, so who has time to get to the games and look changes day to day.

Let's say in the game you want to join, both dhallmeyer and I are already in it. It is not a problem. When you create the thread for your game to be commented on by instructors you would merely make the subject line:

Game 1472xx45 w/dhallmeyer, Silly

Then neither one of us will look at that game.

Hope that makes it clearer.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby bobbythomson on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:31 pm

I had a strange experience today - somehow I ended up in a speed game that I did not sign up for nor did I know that the game had started. How can this happen? I am signed up as a guide, but this guy was no newbie - he was a LT - and, of course I lost points because I never made a move and was eliminated (first time this has happened to me). Is there any way to make sure this does not happen again - it is quite unpleasant to find out after the fact that I was in a game and eliminated for missing turns. bobbythomson
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby bobbythomson on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:36 pm

This is the game number if someone could check this out - is it possible to appeal my point loss since I did not sign up for this game?https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=16801244
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby macbone on Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:42 pm

That's really strange, Bobby. That's definitely not a guide game. I'd post that one in the Bugs forum if you didn't sign up for it: viewforum.php?f=506

More people have reported being put in games they didn't sign up for: viewtopic.php?f=506&t=219267
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... 2&t=213845
Colonel macbone

Postby LiveLoveTeach on Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi, I was wondering how much sets are worth in an escalating game after they've already gotten up to 235?
Major LiveLoveTeach

Postby dhallmeyer on Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:55 pm

I can't remember. I've been in a few that got there, but I know that the rate of increase keeps going up too.
Lieutenant dhallmeyer

Postby tamaynet on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:26 pm

I have never been in one that got there, but according to the game settings, the sequence would be from 235, the next set would be worth 275, then 320, then 375, etc.
Lieutenant tamaynet
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby BIG_John on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:35 pm

I was wondering Once I have completed my three grad games from team training I am done right? I was just wondering because I am still in the team training field and was just wondering.
Captain BIG_John

Postby GORKl on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:10 am

Hi everyone. I have one question about training. If I understand this correctly in training program experienced players help you against real player in real game?
Sergeant GORKl

Postby tamaynet on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:13 am

That is essentially correct. The experienced players also have gone through a teacher training program prior to teaching.
Lieutenant tamaynet
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby BIG_John on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:16 am

Guess mine wasn't important enough to answer! Not sure where to ask since pms don't get responses back and I don't get a response back here. Thanks for the time. I will just take it as I am staying in the team training field then.
Captain BIG_John

Postby tamaynet on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:44 am

Don't get all huffy on me. I forwarded your question to the responsible person and you should hear back directly from them.
Lieutenant tamaynet
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby BIG_John on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:54 am

LOL!! Not huffy just wanted to give you guys a hard time! I know you guys are busy. I am not to worried about it really was looking around in the forums to see if I could find if it told me but couldn't find anything related to it so I asked my instructor and he told me to ask Macbone so I did never got a response back so I had posted in here and nothing. Keep up your great work and hopefully I will see you guys in the other training area. Have a great day.
Captain BIG_John

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Where do escalating spoils go? Come join me in one of my esc, trench games. In round 32 the next set is worth 2900. And in one that has recently completed, the next set was 6725. It's a different strategy when you have to plan for that size a drop showing up.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby identity shaker on Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:34 pm

Question

Does the F4M only refer to playing standard/terminator games with escalating spoils?

Is it a completely different strategy for flat rate?

Thanks
Major identity shaker

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:05 pm

identity shaker wrote:Question

Does the F4M only refer to playing standard/terminator games with escalating spoils?

Is it a completely different strategy for flat rate?

Thanks

The F4M is designed for escalating games, yes.

It is still useful for other game types, but some adjustments need to be made. With flat rate games, bonuses start to matter, so the strategy changes somewhat. Keeping killer stacks, however, doesn't disappear completely. Just the relative importance of stacks vs. bonuses changes.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Hokey 2 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Would it be possible for students in S of C to be sent a pm with the names of all the instructors that we can contact? I posted my game at 6:30ish this morning and had not received a reply by7:00 pm. I looked to see if any of the instructors that I am aware of were on-line but could not find anyone so I took my turn with no input from an instructor.

Hokey 2
Cook Hokey 2

Postby dhallmeyer on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:30 am

You can see a list of our instructors by going to Control Panel > Usergroups > Academy Basic Teachers. From there you can send PM's or wall messages.
Lieutenant dhallmeyer

Postby identity shaker on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:07 am

How is a game that uses 20 or 30 round limits won if the game hasn’t been won by both players? How is it decided who wins?

Thanks
Major identity shaker

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:50 am

identity shaker wrote:How is a game that uses 20 or 30 round limits won if the game hasn’t been won by both players? How is it decided who wins?

Thanks

Generally by the most troops.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds