Conquer Club

SoC 1v1 Ladder Challenge (CLOSED)

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder Challenge

Postby wrisky 50 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 am

I agree to the challenge & ready to play.
Sergeant wrisky 50

Postby stotzi on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:13 am

I will be on vacation from Aug 28-Sept 4. I also will have no time the coming weekend, because I will have guests from another country and spend my time with them...
So it would be nice, if I could be noted as "absent" from now on till incl. Sept 4. Thank you!!
Last edited by stotzi on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click image to enlarge.
Colonel stotzi

Postby celliottii on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:49 am

stotzi wrote:I will be on vacation from Aug 28-Sept 4. I also will have no time the coming weekend, because I will gave guest from another country and spend my time with them...
So it would be nice, if I could be noted as "absent" from now on till incl. Sept 4. Thank you!!

Got you covered, young man! Just let me know when you get back please.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby General Roy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:49 am

General Roy wrote:I played the following games against chris.yfc:
Home game for me: Game 13108641
Home game for chris.yfc: Game 13112778
Both were wins for me. chris.yfc asked for a rematch of Game 13108641, so settings were identical.

Question: As far as I can see the ladder has not yet been updated. As I got 2 wins against chris, we didn't see the need of doing the random game. But perhaps we should even so?
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby Leehar on Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 pm

celliottii wrote:
Leehar wrote:I challenge wrisky 50

Got it for you, Leehar...Good Luck! =D> =D>

Home Game Game 13130808
Random Game 13130809
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby celliottii on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 pm

General Roy wrote:
Both were wins for me. chris.yfc asked for a rematch of Game 13108641, so settings were identical.

Question: As far as I can see the ladder has not yet been updated. As I got 2 wins against chris, we didn't see the need of doing the random game. But perhaps we should even so?

Hey Roy...I have to manually update the Ladder with both challenges and results. Once the match is done, please make sure one of you posts in the thread so I can update the Ladder.

I went ahead and updated the Ladder from this match, but in the future just post the results here.

Thanks!
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:47 pm

Since the General got past Chris, maybe I can kick into submission and break my losing streak... :lol:

So, chris.yfc, I'm gonna try and kick a man when he's down and challenge you...

My Game: Game 13131171

Since Chris is a Freemium, we'll play one game at a time.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby General Roy on Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:25 am

celliottii wrote:
General Roy wrote:

Hey Roy...I have to manually update the Ladder with both challenges and results. Once the match is done, please make sure one of you posts in the thread so I can update the Ladder.

I went ahead and updated the Ladder from this match, but in the future just post the results here.

Thanks!

Well, that's what I had done, but I wasn't sure if you expected 1 more game between us before updating the ladder. I didn't mean to push you.
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.

Postby General Roy on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:57 am

Would like to challenge 9trumpet9.
Home game: Game 13133680
Random game: Game 13133685

Postby Kiwi_NZ on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:26 pm

Lost my challenge to Charle 2-1

Next up is

General Roy

Game 13134297 my home
Game 13134300 Random map ...invites sent

above games on hold

Can you/or someone clarify rule 7 ... You cannot challenge someone who is currently being challenged by another player.
So how is it possible, that I see some who have been challenged an have a challenge in hand? In other two sets of soc ladder games :?:
Cadet Kiwi_NZ

Postby celliottii on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:45 pm

General Roy wrote:Well, that's what I had done, but I wasn't sure if you expected 1 more game between us before updating the ladder. I didn't mean to push you.

I didn't feel any pushing...we're all good, my friend! :D I just don't know how to make the Ladder update itself, so I do it all manually...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:50 pm

General Roy wrote:Would like to challenge 9trumpet9.
Home game: Game 13133680
Random game: Game 13133685

Got it recorded for ya...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Kiwi_NZ wrote:Lost my challenge to Charle 2-1

Next up is

General Roy

Game 13134297 my home

above games on hold

Can you/or someone clarify rule 7 ... You cannot challenge someone who is currently being challenged by another player.
So how is it possible, that I see some who have been challenged an have a challenge in hand? In other two sets of soc ladder games :?:

Okay...first things first...got the match result with Charle recorded...and your challenge to General Roy is legit, if you want to keep it.

Rule 7 says, "You can only challenge one player at a time." When you challenge someone, you become the CHALLENGER and the person you are challenging becomes the CHALLENGED.

To allow other players the opportunity to move up the Ladder and to stop potential exploitation/cheating on the Ladder, we created this rule. I'll use you, Kiwi_NZ, as the example.

Right now, you are #21. According to Rule #6, you could challenge either chris.yfc (#20), Charle (#19), or General Roy (#18). Rule #7 keeps you from challenging all three at once.

Where you see two sets of games/matches for players is because the first column is for the player you are challenging and the second column is for the person who challenged that player.

Right now, no one has two sets of matches going on, so I'll use General Roy for this example: Roy is #18 and is currently challenging 9trumpet9 for the #15 spot. General Roy is the CHALLENGER and 9trumpet9 is the CHALLENGED. Your challenge to General Roy is legit because no other playing is currently General Roy for the #18 spot.

Now...let's say Roy beats 9trumpet9 and you beat Roy. This is where Rule #12 comes in. A player cannot double jump...in other words, if you win, you can only go to #18 (Roy's spot). I use the yellow column to keep track of the player's previous Ladder rank from the match before.

I hope that clears it up for you...let me know.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:08 pm

chapcrap has i assume challenged me 1v1 via dibs though he hasn't posted at least not that i see ( gotta check those specs),. he has sent me games and i sent him one back
General t4mcr53s2

Postby Kiwi_NZ on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:20 pm

celliottii wrote:
Kiwi_NZ wrote:Lost my challenge to Charle 2-1

Next up is

General Roy

Game 13134297 my home

above games on hold

Okay...first things first...got the match result with Charle recorded...and your challenge to General Roy is legit, if you want to keep it.

Rule 7 says, "You can only challenge one player at a time." When you challenge someone, you become the CHALLENGER and the person you are challenging becomes the CHALLENGED.

To allow other players the opportunity to move up the Ladder and to stop potential exploitation/cheating on the Ladder, we created this rule. I'll use you, Kiwi_NZ, as the example.

Right now, you are #21. According to Rule #6, you could challenge either chris.yfc (#20), Charle (#19), or General Roy (#18). Rule #7 keeps you from challenging all three at once.

Where you see two sets of games/matches for players is because the first column is for the player you are challenging and the second column is for the person who challenged that player.

Right now, no one has two sets of matches going on, so I'll use General Roy for this example: Roy is #18 and is currently challenging 9trumpet9 for the #15 spot. General Roy is the CHALLENGER and 9trumpet9 is the CHALLENGED. Your challenge to General Roy is legit because no other playing is currently General Roy for the #18 spot.

Now...let's say Roy beats 9trumpet9 and you beat Roy. This is where Rule #12 comes in. A player cannot double jump...in other words, if you win, you can only go to #18 (Roy's spot). I use the yellow column to keep track of the player's previous Ladder rank from the match before.

I hope that clears it up for you...let me know.

=D> Thanks, I was just making sure, and your challenge to General Roy is legit, if you want to keep it <<< yes my challenge to General Roy
Cadet Kiwi_NZ

Postby celliottii on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:31 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:chapcrap has i assume challenged me 1v1 via dibs though he hasn't posted at least not that i see ( gotta check those specs),. he has sent me games and i sent him one back

Once he posted "dibs" and I recorded it, then it becomes legit once the #1 player finishes his/her match and it's recorded.

I sent you both the following PM on August 21:

celliottii wrote:Letting you both know that t4mcr53s2's match with MGSteve is over, so you two can play your match.

I've already noted it in the thread and on the Ladder, so just post your games and everything is good.

Chuck
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Kragomac on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:52 pm

I would like to challenge JJ41375.

My Game : 13135513

Random Game : 13135563

We will have fun.
Cook Kragomac

Postby celliottii on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Kragomac wrote:I would like to challenge JJ41375.

My Game : 13135513

Random Game : 13135563

We will have fun.

Gotcha covered...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:35 pm

chapcrap wrote:Dibs on number 1!! :)

chap challenged me on page 1 ; with this, but i missed it when i looked at threads 5-2 today; .. he had also pm'ed me a more formal invit wed or tues , and i asked him to defer till friday; like a gentleman , he did so, and then i had a senior moment and forgot that he'd clearly been challenging me in SoC ladder; my apologies to him and Cellotti...

so anyway Re Dibs; I guess Dibs is a challenge for a rank, not a person... could also be a bit of a problem if the challenger loses in the meantime? or the person below him advances putting him out of reach? ... i like the idea of dibs ... probably shouldn't worry to much about details of enforcement , its all in fun and no one actually loses prize money if a challenge is delayed
General t4mcr53s2

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:38 pm

chap challenged me on page 1 ; with this, but i missed it when i looked at threads 5-2 today; .. he had also pm'ed me a more formal invit wed or tues , and i asked him to defer till friday; like a gentleman , he did so, and then i had a senior moment and forgot that he'd clearly been challenging me in SoC ladder; my apologies to him and Celliottii...(sp :oops: :D )

so anyway Re Dibs; I guess Dibs is a challenge for a rank, not a person... could also be a bit of a problem if the challenger loses in the meantime? or the person below him advances putting him out of reach? ... i like the idea of dibs ... probably shouldn't worry to much about details of enforcement , its all in fun and no one actually loses prize money if a challenge is delayed
General t4mcr53s2

Postby General Roy on Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:44 am

I see that Kiwi_NZ's challenge is regarded as legit. Good.
My home game in his challenge: Game 13136144

Postby celliottii on Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:32 am

t4mcr53s2 wrote:

chap challenged me on page 1 ; with this, but i missed it when i looked at threads 5-2 today; .. he had also pm'ed me a more formal invit wed or tues , and i asked him to defer till friday; like a gentleman , he did so, and then i had a senior moment and forgot that he'd clearly been challenging me in SoC ladder; my apologies to him and Cellotti...

No need for an apology...we've all been there.

Regarding Dibs - Rule #14 states that if a player calling Dibs loses their spot in the Top 4, they lose their Dibs challenge. So, if chapcrap would have been knocked down to #5, then he loses his Dibs against you.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby wrisky 50 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 am

this is my home game 13136518 Leehar had to invite me to it cause of my Freeium statis.
thanks wish me good dice. :)
Sergeant wrisky 50

Postby chapcrap on Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:18 am

I've won 2 of 3 from t4mcr53s2. He will likely win the third on his next turn.

Long live the king.
Lieutenant chapcrap

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds