Conquer Club

SoC 1v1 Ladder Challenge (CLOSED)

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder Challenge

Postby ElricTheGreat on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:43 pm

MGSteve wrote:AHA!!! I knew that was your evil plan when you challenged me, Elric! I'm calling dibs!
Wow! Never thought I'd get this far!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck with the challenge ... I wish them God Speed in thier battles with the hope their mighty War is over quick enough for you to start your challenge before falling out of range.
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Silly Knig-it on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:03 am

I challenge ben.cleuch

My game: Game 14726111

Random game: Game 14726113

Start delayed until Monday by request, I agree to request.
Last edited by Silly Knig-it on Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby celliottii on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:40 am

russde wrote:I was in and out of town for a month...thanks for the reminder.
Challenge sent to Philbro Game 14721955 and Game 14721956

Found it, Russ...LOL

iAmCaffeineā™„ wrote:I can't post any games, nobody has confirmed their win from Duk vs Lee.

Dukasaur posted that he lost two against Leehar...

ElricTheGreat wrote:Curious ... what happens if a player calls Dibs ... then when the time comes to start his battle for the top spot the person is no longer one of the top 4 players on the ladder? If the person who called DIBS falls out of position before (within 3) the current competition if final does DIBS get cancelled?

That is a great question, ETG...and one I hope doesn't happen.

But...if it did happen, then the player who had DIBS would lose his opportunity for the top spot. That sounds cold, but DIBS does not guarantee a shot at the title. It simply means that player is next in line to challenge the top player, but the challenger has to be in the Top 4 to officially make the challenge.

MGSteve wrote:AHA!!! I knew that was your evil plan when you challenged me, Elric! I'm calling dibs!
Wow! Never thought I'd get this far!

Of course he's evil...look at his avatar! It's a picture of Nuada Silverlance! :P :lol:

Got you down for DIBS...but you are #3 right now, so Elric's evil plan won't affect you.

Silly Knig-it wrote:I challenge ben.cleuch

Got the challenge for you...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby iAmCaffeine on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:46 am

celliottii wrote:
iAmCaffeineā™„ wrote:I can't post any games, nobody has confirmed their win from Duk vs Lee.

Dukasaur posted that he lost two against Leehar...

After my comment yes. I've made both games now anyway.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Leehar on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:39 pm

iAmCaffeineā™„ wrote:
Leehar wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
celliottii wrote:
MGSteve wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:I've got dibs for the match between Leehar and Duk.

So I guess I have dibs after you?

No...you cannot "reserve" DIBS...Rule #16

That would be called "double dibbing"

:lol:

Isn't that how Caff got dibs originally? I don't recall him calling dibs after Duk? ;)

But then I did call dibs, and if saying "I have dibs after such and such" doesn't count then I call dibs now, since nobody else has done that directly.

You seemed to call it as if you already had dibs, rather than calling for dibs at that point. I assumed it was from the dibs request before Duk challenged me.
If Chuck was happy with that as the latter statement, then I certainly don't have any qualms.

Nonetheless, my understanding was that if mg had called dibs, rather than asking if he could call dibs, that request would have taken precedence, but again, it's no monkey off my back, and I'm happy with Chuck calling the shots as he sees fit.

So with all that said, challenge accepted.

On other topics, a shake-up of the ladder sounds good; although I'm no longer an SoC Teacher, and in fact haven't been one for some time, so if that means I perhaps shouldn't be participating anymore; I'm happy to step aside as well (given how busy I've been with work). I know I definitely won't have the energy to climb up from the bottom if thats ever necessary again!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby torres44cm on Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:27 am

I would like to challenge dboeke, but first I want to thank celliottii for reminding me to step up and be active, will add my games to this post shortly after I send dboeke a pm challenge. I hope that's the way it works. I re-read the rules and will post two games my home, and a random

my home game 14732668
random game 14732639

Torres
Captain torres44cm

Postby celliottii on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:36 am

Boys...and I mean by the way this portion of the thread has gone. I'm not gonna requote a dead issue, I'm gonna quote Leehar's last comment (not calling you out, just trying to save space) AND I'm gonna requote myself when I addressed this issue last week.

Leehar wrote:You seemed to call it as if you already had dibs, rather than calling for dibs at that point. I assumed it was from the dibs request before Duk challenged me.
If Chuck was happy with that as the latter statement, then I certainly don't have any qualms.

Nonetheless, my understanding was that if mg had called dibs, rather than asking if he could call dibs, that request would have taken precedence, but again, it's no monkey off my back, and I'm happy with Chuck calling the shots as he sees fit.

So with all that said, challenge accepted.

celliottii wrote:do ya'll see that grrrrrrrrrrrr up there? It means I'm a bit frustrated...we're all grown ups, playing a game...with all due respect, but some of ya'll have been acting/sounding like little kids about DIBS.

Let me be clear on this....

Leehar and Dukasaur are playing right now for the #1 spot....

iAmCaffeine is #2 and therefore cannot challenge anyone, so he can call DIBS and did call DIBS....iAC has to wait until Leehar has played another challenge before he can vie for the #1 again...so iAC has DIBS....period.

MGSteve did not know that he could not reserve DIBS....so NO ONE is in line for DIBS until after Lee and Duk finish their match.

If you are still confused, upset, or pissy....then please refer to Rule #24.

Now, I could break out the Dan Patrick "Wheel of Punishment" if anyone else wants to chime in on this in a negative way... :P :lol: :shock:

Now, iAC called DIBS on July 25 @ 0708. He didn't reserve it and he waited until the Leehar v. Dukasaur match had been posted.

MGSteve has called DIBS for the match after Leehar v iAmCaffeine.

If you still don't understand, then please refer to Rule #24.

On another note...

Leehar wrote:On other topics, a shake-up of the ladder sounds good; although I'm no longer an SoC Teacher, and in fact haven't been one for some time, so if that means I perhaps shouldn't be participating anymore; I'm happy to step aside as well (given how busy I've been with work). I know I definitely won't have the energy to climb up from the bottom if thats ever necessary again!

To participate in the Ladder, you only need to be a SoC Student, Teacher, or Graduate...so you're good to go.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:37 am

torres44cm wrote:I would like to challenge dboeke, but first I want to thank celliottii for reminding me to step up and be active, will add my games to this post shortly after I send dboeke a pm challenge. I hope that's the way it works. I re-read the rules and will post two games my home, and a random

my home game 14732668
random game 14732639

Torres

Got your challenge recorded for you...Good luck!
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:11 pm

It doesn't matter who challenged Leehar in what order. They will go down in flames one by one.

Leehar is damn-near unbeatable. Only I ever beat him, once in four series. Three games out of fourteen.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:25 am

Dukasaur wrote:It doesn't matter who challenged Leehar in what order. They will go down in flames one by one.

Leehar is damn-near unbeatable. Only I ever beat him, once in four series. Three games out of fourteen.

Banged your head over the weekend? I should have had him last time, and he knows it.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Doc_Brown on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:42 am

General Roy wrote:Have sent the following two challenges to Doc_Brown:
Game 14720124
Game 14720127

I defeated General Roy. Third game was Game 14723115.
Major Doc_Brown

Postby russde on Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:09 pm

I only managed one win out of three in my challenge of Philbro, he is mopping up the last few troops of the other two.
Lieutenant russde

Postby Leehar on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:38 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:It doesn't matter who challenged Leehar in what order. They will go down in flames one by one.

Banged your head over the weekend? I should have had him last time, and he knows it.

You should have beaten me in the series where you lost 3-0?
You can blame dice in 1 game, not all 3?

But hopefully a missed turn should help you along this time!

All jokes aside, it took a healthy dose of luck for me to get that win streak going, and in a 3 game series anyone can prevail, so I'm sure they'll be many more losses to come if I stay around for them.
celliottii wrote:On another note...

Leehar wrote:On other topics, a shake-up of the ladder sounds good; although I'm no longer an SoC Teacher, and in fact haven't been one for some time, so if that means I perhaps shouldn't be participating anymore; I'm happy to step aside as well (given how busy I've been with work). I know I definitely won't have the energy to climb up from the bottom if thats ever necessary again!

To participate in the Ladder, you only need to be a SoC Student, Teacher, or Graduate...so you're good to go.

I'm not a Student, Teacher or Graduate though? Was only a teacher for a short time before I joined the ladder!
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby MGSteve on Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:44 pm

I would think that being an instructor, for any length of time, would be enough to qualify you for the ladder. After all, it's for SoC peeps and you're definitely an SoC peep even if you no longer teach. OR at least that would be my opinion, however silly it may be.

Duk, watch closely and I'll show you how it's done. 8-)

Postby MGSteve on Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:51 pm

celliottii wrote:Of course he's evil...look at his avatar! It's a picture of Nuada Silverlance! :P :lol:

Got you down for DIBS...but you are #3 right now, so Elric's evil plan won't affect you.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :P :P :P :P :P :P
Major MGSteve

Postby Philbro on Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

russde wrote:I only managed one win out of three in my challenge of Philbro, he is mopping up the last few troops of the other two.

All done, Thanks to russde for a great match!
"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
Sergeant 1st Class Philbro

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:38 am

Extreme luck can do that Leehar. In Conquer 500, it wouldn't really make a difference if you'd missed or not. You've played the map once and lost.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby ben.cleuch on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:43 am

Silly Knig-it wrote:I challenge ben.cleuch

Start delayed until Monday by request, I agree to request.

Sent my invite and PM to silly
Game 14738899 Pelops War fogggy
Lieutenant ben.cleuch

Postby tamaynet on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:37 am

Challenge sent to General Roy
Invites sent for 14739006 and 14739007
Good luck Roy.
Lieutenant tamaynet
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby General Roy on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:46 am

Thanks. I have accepted, and sent Game 14739123 as my home game.
Atom1: I've lost my electrons! Atom2: Are you sure? Atom1: Yes I'm positive
TODAY IS THE OLDEST YOU'VE EVER BEEN, YET THE YOUNGEST YOU'LL EVER BE, SO ENJOY THIS DAY WHILE IT LASTS.
Sergeant 1st Class General Roy

Postby celliottii on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:07 am

First off...I have removed ALL of the inactives before recording these match results and challenges. All of these matches are valid.

Doc_Brown wrote:
General Roy wrote:Have sent the following two challenges to Doc_Brown:
Game 14720124
Game 14720127

I defeated General Roy. Third game was Game 14723115.

I got the match recorded for you...

russde wrote:I only managed one win out of three in my challenge of Philbro, he is mopping up the last few troops of the other two.

Got the match recorded for you...

tamaynet wrote:Challenge sent to General Roy
Invites sent for 14739006 and 14739007
Good luck Roy.

Got the challenge recorded for you...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Leehar on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:28 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Extreme luck can do that Leehar. In Conquer 500, it wouldn't really make a difference if you'd missed or not. You've played the map once and lost.

By that token you had played thrice and lost thrice on Spanish armada, but still blamed that on extreme luck.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Charle on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:45 am

Challenged chris.yfc
Game 14741972
Game 14741974
Lieutenant Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:28 am

Leehar wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Extreme luck can do that Leehar. In Conquer 500, it wouldn't really make a difference if you'd missed or not. You've played the map once and lost.

By that token you had played thrice and lost thrice on Spanish armada, but still blamed that on extreme luck.

We can keep this going all day if you like but I don't see much point.

You may as well make your home map since we're going to stand at 1-1.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds