Conquer Club

Resetting the Ladder -- Your Opinion needed!

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Are you in favor of Rebooting the existing SoC Ladder? If yes from which point?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:12 am

No - I do not want the Ladder Reset ... Please continue as is
13%
Yes - Reset the Ladder - Keep the top 5 Positions and use Rendom.org to scramble all other positions
17%
Yes - Reset the Ladder - Keep the top 10 Positions and use Rendom.org to scramble all other positions
8%
Yes - Reset the Ladder - Complete Reset - Only keep the Reigning Champ in their position ... all others to be Randomized
17%
Yes - Reset the Ladder - Complete Reset ... all positions using Random.org
46%

Total votes : 24

Resetting the Ladder -- Your Opinion needed!

Postby ElricTheGreat on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:12 am

celliottii is in the process of deciding if the SoC 1v1 Ladder will be restarted to mix things up and add more activity to the ladder.

Please give your input and thoughts on the subject .... each of us gets one (1) vote.

Make your voice heard!

Vote Now!

Thanks

Elric
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Re: Resetting the Ladder -- Your Opinion needed!

Postby Silly Knig-it on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:31 pm

Much more fun with a scramble. Reset the whole thing every x number of months.
Major Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby ElricTheGreat on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:Much more fun with a scramble. Reset the whole thing every x number of months.

Now there is a thought .... maybe have it last for a defined period of time and have a set of Prizes/Medals for the top x positions

Maybe instead of a Random Reset ... Reset using the player rank but inverted this time so that the High Rank players have to work their way through everyone to make it to the top?
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:40 pm

food for thought...I'm open to any and all suggestions on resetting the Ladder from doing it every x number of months to prizes to how to reset.

We'll run this thread until August 20th (two weeks from today)...let Macbone and I (plus a couple of trusted advisors) discuss it all and we'll do the reset on August 27th (three weeks from today).

Post your thoughts...This Ladder is for you...Just think of me as Podrick...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ElricTheGreat on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:48 pm

The voting is set to accept new votes until a little after noon on the 20th ... to see the exact time for your time zone it is listed just under the Question at the top of the thread

For me it shows as:

Poll runs till Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Sirius Kase on Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:02 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:
Silly Knig-it wrote:Much more fun with a scramble. Reset the whole thing every x number of months.

Now there is a thought .... maybe have it last for a defined period of time and have a set of Prizes/Medals for the top x positions

Maybe instead of a Random Reset ... Reset using the player rank but inverted this time so that the High Rank players have to work their way through everyone to make it to the top?

That would be neat. Would be interesting to see how long it would take to recover from the inversion. I wouldn't set a time limit. Maybe next time, after we know how long it takes.
Sergeant 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby Aussie02 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:14 pm

Inverting it or placing higher ranks lower every 12 months is plenty of time for those active enough to climb back to the top:)

You might want to setup a Hall of Fame so records like Leehar's wins in a row can be remembered until beaten like they do with other major records.
Cadet Aussie02

Postby celliottii on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 am

bump...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ganguscalm on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:09 pm

My vote is just betwix me and myself , but I'm all in for keepin the ladder alive ----------------------Uh huh huh!----------------->>>
Sergeant 1st Class ganguscalm

Postby MGSteve on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:24 am

Although I voted differently, :o I do like the idea of having the battles go for a set period of time, be it 1 year, 6 months or what have you. Having broken into the top 3 was amazing!... something I never thought I'd accomplish. And even though Elric has beaten me, I still hope to get to play my dibs for the brass ring. But yes... I do like the idea of just setting a time and then doing a complete shakeup.

I also like the idea of reversal, taking #1 and dropping her or him to the very bottom, taking the very lowest of the low and putting him on top and everyone between accordingly. After all, if you managed to make it to #1, surely you have the stuff to do it again. And battling for the brass ring, going from the bottom to as high as you can get against all these great players.... well the journey is the prize, not the destination. And this is one trip I'd like to make again and again. :D
Major MGSteve

Postby Leehar on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:02 pm

For the record, I did take the 6 months needed to climb up all the way from the bottom of the ladder, not really looking forward to the experience again...
I had the motivation the first time, but it's incredibly draining, even if you do win every series as I was fortunate to have accomplished.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Sirius Kase on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Leehar wrote:For the record, I did take the 6 months needed to climb up all the way from the bottom of the ladder, not really looking forward to the experience again...
I had the motivation the first time, but it's incredibly draining, even if you do win every series as I was fortunate to have accomplished.

Would you prefer to receive a medal and be retired from the competition? Honest answer please. Maybe there is an option that hasn't been mentioned. IMHO, it gets dull if the guy on top never changes, never has to prove that he still has what it takes. If playing is no longer fun for you, but draining, maybe it is time to retire.
Sergeant 1st Class Sirius Kase

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:28 pm

SoC is about encouraging people tp learn, and to play more.
i'm ok with a scramble , but really haven't had time to pay much anyway ; definately get leehar some kind of medal though maybe 2 , for streak and for time at the top/
if you're going to have a wall of whos been in first though i think have it with some duration , ie if randomly landed in first after scramble , even if defended once, so what ... maybe a list of who won 5 challenges from first spot ( not necessariluy in a row? but that would be hard to automate... wouldn't want to burn you out...

also in keeping with SoC goal of learning new things hpow about not letting people use same map?... alway need a new home, or 3 random maps, or each get 2 different home maps and one random ?
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby ElricTheGreat on Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:27 pm

For those who are unaware ... Leehar has already received Medals for his work getting to the top of the Ladder and the winning streak he has had. Check out his Wall
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Leehar on Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:49 pm

Sirius Kase wrote:
Leehar wrote:For the record, I did take the 6 months needed to climb up all the way from the bottom of the ladder, not really looking forward to the experience again...

Would you prefer to receive a medal and be retired from the competition? Honest answer please. Maybe there is an option that hasn't been mentioned. IMHO, it gets dull if the guy on top never changes, never has to prove that he still has what it takes. If playing is no longer fun for you, but draining, maybe it is time to retire.

Its not as if the top hasn't changed though?
Thats why the suggestion originally was to keep the top 5 stable? Since even in the last year, no one has been able to defend their crown 5 times.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Charle on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:06 am

I agree with Leehar, he worked damn hard to be there at the top and to defend it for so long. If anybody think they can move him from there, then go for it.

If we really need to reset the ladder, then keep the top 3 and scramble the rest. The top 3 deserves the right to stay there IMHO.
Lieutenant Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:32 am

Charle wrote:I agree with Leehar, he worked damn hard to be there at the top and to defend it for so long. If anybody think they can move him from there, then go for it.

If we really need to reset the ladder, then keep the top 3 and scramble the rest. The top 3 deserves the right to stay there IMHO.

I agree with both of you, but it looks like it's too late.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Charle on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:27 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Charle wrote:I agree with Leehar, he worked damn hard to be there at the top and to defend it for so long. If anybody think they can move him from there, then go for it.

I agree with both of you, but it looks like it's too late.

Maybe not too late. If you look carefully at the poll you will notice that only 46% voted for a complete reset, the balance of voters still wanted the same or at least the top of the ladder to remain.
Lieutenant Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Aussie02 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:14 am

I voted for a complete reset, but if the majority of the active players from the top of the ladder want the top 3 stable and the rest reset I won't complain, I myself didn't find it that draining and would be more than happy to make my way back to the top.
Cadet Aussie02

Return to SoC Training Grounds