Conquer Club

SoC 1v1 Ladder - Proposed Rule Discussions

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

SoC 1v1 Ladder - Proposed Rule Discussions

Postby celliottii on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:28 pm

This new thread is created for us (SoC 1v1 Ladder Community) to propose and discuss possible rule changes to the Ladder.

A few rules:

1. If a new rule proposal is posted, please send me a PM. I will not be actively monitoring this thread when there are no active discussions.
    2. If you propose a rule change, please give reasons why and how it will help the Ladder. Be prepared to have it shot down, torn up, ripped to shreds, and finally pooped out. It's not personal, but we want to see the positives and negatives of any proposed rule change.
    3. Just because a rule is discussed does not mean it will be adapted. I do run all proposed rule changes through my Small Council.
    4. After a proposed rule has been discussed thoroughly, I will mark it TABLED. A Tabled discussion will not be reopened for future discussion, unless an exploitable loophole is discovered.
    5. If a proposed rule does get adopted, I may wait to institute it with the next Ladder Reset.
    6. Please no negative comments (other than normal trash talking) about a player's comments in the discussion. The Ladder was created for the players and I feel that every player's opinion (except Lord Arioch and MGSteve :lol: ) does matter.

When you post an idea for a new rule, please post the following at the top of your post:

PROPOSED RULE DISCUSSION: Replace with a BRIEF description

Thanks!
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder - Proposed Rule Discussions

Postby celliottii on Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:37 pm

PROPOSED RULE DISCUSSION: Challenging Down the Ladder

This was originally proposed by ganguscalm about challenging down the Ladder, instead of up.

Elaterate got our minds churning when he posted this:

Elaterate wrote:I can see it... make and win 2 challenges below you and move up 1 spot? Switch spots with player if you lose? Would make the Ladder constantly moving and punish the players that sit on their Ars waiting for a challenge.

I like the idea. Would also give someone not able to challenge anyone the ability to make a challenge if they're bored and/or feeling a little frisky :)

Not too long ago I was at #4 and couldn't challenge anyone cause #1, #2, & #3 where all being challenged which was kinda lame tbh :lol:

My Small Council and I chatted this one up...No decisions were made, but I did propose this:

celliottii wrote:Going with El's proposed idea, I could add a symbol (DC) when they challenge down...and a 2 (DC2) when they are going for their second challenge down. That way, I can keep track of a player's movement without having to do extra research.

If Down Challenger (DC) wins the first challenge, nothing happens. If the DC wins the second challenge, they move DOWN to that spot and the losing player would move down one spot as well...No sense in moving a losing player up one spot, they didn't earn it.

If the DC loses their second challenge, the winning player moves up to their spot and DC only moves down.

A DC can challenge as far down as they want. No sense in limiting how far they want to fall. All other rules would apply, as applicable.

Thoughts?
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Lord Arioch on Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:39 pm

I support the DC challenge ... its boring at the top waiting on the dibs ;) we are here to play and have fun ... DC enables us to do so, and it makes grudge matches easier ;)
I think though that DC sould nt be counted towards medals? if thats possible
Major Lord Arioch

Postby ganguscalm on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:22 pm

I see it a lot simpler , any open spot in any direction is fair game to any ladder player that thinks it will be an advantageous strategy ... * drops microphone and walks off *
Last edited by ganguscalm on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class ganguscalm

Postby MGSteve on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:23 pm

PROPOSED RULE DISCUSSION: Lose #1 Spot, Start Over I've said it before and I'll say it again: Whenever a current throne holder loses a challenge, (is dethroned) they should be moved to the bottom rung of the ladder. When despots are overthrown, they don't get to still hang out in the palace. They're removed from society. Lions who lose their status as pride leader don't get to chill with the lionesses. They're run off or killed. The idea of the ladder is to climb from the lowly depths to the dizzying heights in an attempt to grab the brass ring and sit on the throne. Once you're overthrown, you need to fall to the bottom to regain your humility and enjoy the climb to the top again.
Major MGSteve

Postby ganguscalm on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:33 pm

Last edited by ganguscalm on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:lol: Steve beat my post by seconds , I had to go back and edit one letter :lol: :lol:

Postby celliottii on Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 pm

MGSteve wrote:PROPOSED RULE DISCUSSION: Lose #1 Spot, Start Over I've said it before and I'll say it again: Whenever a current throne holder loses a challenge, (is dethroned) they should be moved to the bottom rung of the ladder. When despots are overthrown, they don't get to still hang out in the palace. They're removed from society. Lions who lose their status as pride leader don't get to chill with the lionesses. They're run off or killed. The idea of the ladder is to climb from the lowly depths to the dizzying heights in an attempt to grab the brass ring and sit on the throne. Once you're overthrown, you need to fall to the bottom to regain your humility and enjoy the climb to the top again.

I actually like this proposal...It keeps the Ladder fluid and dynamic...
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ganguscalm on Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:28 pm

celliottii wrote:
MGSteve wrote:PROPOSED RULE DISCUSSION: Lose #1 Spot, Start Over I've said it before and I'll say it again: Whenever a current throne holder loses a challenge, (is dethroned) they should be moved to the bottom rung of the ladder. When despots are overthrown, they don't get to still hang out in the palace. They're removed from society. Lions who lose their status as pride leader don't get to chill with the lionesses. They're run off or killed. The idea of the ladder is to climb from the lowly depths to the dizzying heights in an attempt to grab the brass ring and sit on the throne. Once you're overthrown, you need to fall to the bottom to regain your humility and enjoy the climb to the top again.

I actually like this proposal...It keeps the Ladder fluid and dynamic...

"Live and let Die " ... I vote uh huh huh------------------->>>

Postby MGSteve on Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:19 am

Back to the first proposal. No, not that one, ya perv! :-s The DC challenge. I support gangus' second: Anyone who's within 5 spots of you in any direction can be challenged if they aren't already. uh huh huh :mrgreen:
Major MGSteve

Postby Lord Arioch on Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:26 am

U do know that Idi Amin didnt get dropped to the last rung of the ladder after his disposal ;)
Major Lord Arioch

Postby dhallmeyer on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:26 pm

My question for the Down Challenge guys: why? What is gained by doing it on the ladder, and not in regular games? There's no rules on the ladder about playing outside games against ladder people.

I don't have strong opposition to the idea, I just like to keep things as simple as possible.
Lieutenant dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby ganguscalm on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:35 pm

dhallmeyer wrote:My question for the Down Challenge guys: why? What is gained by doing it on the ladder, and not in regular games? There's no rules on the ladder about playing outside games against ladder people.

I don't have strong opposition to the idea, I just like to keep things as simple as possible.

If a ladder player is " stuck " by other challenges in progress or a player they have already challenged to lost to more then once they can challenge down to change there options of challenging up . who knows is may stir a stagnate pound up to dirty pound status :shock:

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:31 pm

I think both ideas are fine though the downward challenge might be more trouble for the ladder master than its worth
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby Lord Arioch on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:38 pm

Challenging down can be fun ... but if it is to much trouble im against up to cell..

AND i still want to discuss how and if a team double ladder should be created and work?
Major Lord Arioch

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:43 pm

I like it.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby dhallmeyer on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:51 am

Dukasaur wrote:

I like it.

+1
Lieutenant dhallmeyer

Postby ganguscalm on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:08 pm

Lord Arioch wrote:Challenging down can be fun ... but if it is to much trouble im against up to cell..

AND i still want to discuss how and if a team double ladder should be created and work?

all the DC will be is " I want a new start but not all the way to the bottom "
I support the 5 rung challenge but in both directions .
but I also support to much work for Chuck :-k

Postby celliottii on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:22 am

I have a created a new thread for voting on proposed rule changes. You can find that thread here: viewtopic.php?f=341&t=229890

There is a proposed rule up for voting now.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby xroads on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:47 am

If the throne loser starts at the bottom, I propose a rule change to medals. It will be much more difficult to achieve one if you start at the bottom each time.
Major xroads

Postby dhallmeyer on Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:04 am

xroads wrote:If the throne loser starts at the bottom, I propose a rule change to medals. It will be much more difficult to achieve one if you start at the bottom each time.

Interesting thought. Work out the details and make a proposal.
Lieutenant dhallmeyer

Postby celliottii on Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Because I'm such a merciful and benevolent dict...I mean, leader...I've copied and pasted Lord Arioch and dhallmeyer's comments about the current proposed rule change from the Voting thread to this thread.

It's obvious they both cannot read or follow instructions...LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord Arioch wrote:3 yes .... democracy .... and 8th of feb cell really what timeline are u at ;)

I think... we each can choose to drop showing sportmanship ... maybee do a medal for bottom to top climb if u climb from bottom to nr 10 times=medal or some such ;)

dhallmeyer wrote:
Lord Arioch wrote:3 yes .... democracy .... and 8th of feb cell really what timeline are u at ;)

I think... we each can choose to drop showing sportmanship ... maybee do a medal for bottom to top climb if u climb from bottom to nr 10 times=medal or some such ;)

One thing at a time. Not a bad idea, though.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby dhallmeyer on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:03 am

Guilty as charged.
Lieutenant dhallmeyer

Postby celliottii on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:33 pm

We've got another rule breaker...LOL

ganguscalm wrote:and the Down Challenge proposal ?

this will be the next rule proposal to be voted on.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:35 pm

I just saw my faux pas about the timeline...LOL fixed it...March 7 is the deadline for voting
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby MGSteve on Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:39 am

So get out there. Vote soon and vote often! :mrgreen:
Major MGSteve

Next

Return to SoC Training Grounds