Conquer Club

SoC 1v1 Ladder - Voting Booth on Proposed Rules

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should a player be allowed to challenge down the Ladder?

Poll ended at Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 8

SoC 1v1 Ladder - Voting Booth on Proposed Rules

Postby celliottii on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:11 am

This thread will be exclusively used for SoC 1v1 Ladder members to vote on proposed rule changes.

This will be a dynamic thread with the Poll Question changing with each proposed rule being the poll question.

All polls will last seven (7) days from the time of creation to give all members ample time to vote.

Only one vote per player.

If the proposed rule is adopted, it may be implemented immediately. All variables ("what if" scenarios) will be looked at first before a new rule will be instituted.

Information about the proposed rule change will be listed in detail in the comments below.
Please do not post any comments about the rule change in this thread. I will delete them. I need to keep this thread as clean as possible to refer to when needed.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder - Voting Booth

Postby celliottii on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:16 am

Proposed Rule #1

This proposed rule will automatically move the #1 player to the bottom of the Ladder once that player loses their #1 position.

The new rule would be:
When the current #1 player loses a challenge for the #1 position, he/she will be immediately placed at the bottom of the Ladder.

Poll will close on March 7, 2019.

This rule was approved by a vote of 12 - 0 in favor.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder - Voting Booth on Proposed Rules

Postby celliottii on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:22 pm

celliottii wrote:Proposed Rule #2

The Proposed Rule will allow a player to challenge down the Ladder.

The new rule would be phrased like this:

A player may challenge down the Ladder, no more than five (5) rungs. If the Down Challenger (DC) wins, he/she will move down to the new rung. If the player being challenged wins, they will move up one spot and the DC will not move at all.

If this rule is adopted, it will go into effect immediately for a time of 60 days probationary period. I need to see how much extra work it will cause me to have before I make this a permanent change.

This rule was approved by a vote of 8 - 2 in favor.
Captain celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder - Voting Booth on Proposed Rules

Postby ganguscalm on Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:22 pm

celliottii wrote:
celliottii wrote:Proposed Rule #2

The Proposed Rule will allow a player to challenge down the Ladder.

The new rule would be phrased like this:

A player may challenge down the Ladder, no more than five (5) rungs. If the Down Challenger (DC) wins, he/she will move down to the new rung. If the player being challenged wins, they will move up one spot and the DC will not move at all.

If this rule is adopted, it will go into effect immediately for a time of 60 days probationary period. I need to see how much extra work it will cause me to have before I make this a permanent change.

I volunteer to be the crash test dummy ... ummm I mean test pilot :oops: :-$
Sergeant 1st Class ganguscalm

Return to SoC Training Grounds