Conquer Club

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Postby sm8900 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:34 am

Mad777 wrote:
sm8900 wrote:hi. I captured the human tech objective in game 19427958. does that mean I win? do I need to hold it for one full turn? thanks.

In any game and on any map that has an objective, you need to hold from the time you have it until your next turn.

thanks!!

also, I looked at the Stats tab; it also says I hold something called "the fate of Earth in his/her hands (0)." what does this item refer to? thanks.
Private sm8900

Postby Mad777 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:42 am

sm8900 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
sm8900 wrote:hi. I captured the human tech objective in game 19427958. does that mean I win? do I need to hold it for one full turn? thanks.

In any game and on any map that has an objective, you need to hold from the time you have it until your next turn.

thanks!!

also, I looked at the Stats tab; it also says I hold something called "the fate of Earth in his/her hands (0)." what does this item refer to? thanks.

I guess you meant on the "Map tab", I have looked and can't see "the fate of Earth in his/her hands (0)."
".....We are Groot!....."
Captain Mad777

Postby DiM on Mon May 24, 2021 5:54 am

Mad777 wrote:
sm8900 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

thanks!!

I guess you meant on the "Map tab", I have looked and can't see "the fate of Earth in his/her hands (0)."

the map's bonuses are quite convoluted and i'm not a xml guru and this was many years ago, but if i remember correctly Victor Sullivan had to some xml tricks in order for the bonuses to properly function.
that's why some bonuses are nested and grouped together in order to function.
sometimes a group is there only for logical purposes in order for the xml to function and it gives a zero bonus. i'm assuming that's the case with "the fate of Earth in his/her hands (0)." although as i said this was a very long time ago, so i might be wrong.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby HitRed on Mon May 24, 2021 5:33 pm

sm8900 wrote:

XML

<name>Homo sapiens Domination</name>

-<components>

<territory>AF-5 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<territory>AS-2 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<territory>PA-3 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<territory>SP-3 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<continent>the fate of Earth in his/her hands</continent>

</components>

</objective>
Major HitRed

Postby Dukasaur on Mon May 24, 2021 6:41 pm

DiM wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
sm8900 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

thanks!!

the map's bonuses are quite convoluted and i'm not a xml guru and this was many years ago, but if i remember correctly Victor Sullivan had to some xml tricks in order for the bonuses to properly function.
sometimes a group is there only for logical purposes in order for the xml to function and it gives a zero bonus. i'm assuming that's the case with "the fate of Earth in his/her hands (0)." although as i said this was a very long time ago, so i might be wrong.

Wow, there's a blast from the past!

How have you been, DiM?
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby sm8900 on Tue May 25, 2021 12:05 am

DiM wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
sm8900 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

thanks!!

that's very interesting. thanks!
Private sm8900

Postby DiM on Tue May 25, 2021 12:52 pm

HitRed wrote:
sm8900 wrote:

XML

<name>Homo sapiens Domination</name>

-<components>

<territory>AF-5 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<territory>AS-2 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<territory>PA-3 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<territory>SP-3 (DNA Lab)</territory>

<continent>the fate of Earth in his/her hands</continent>

</components>

</objective>

as I said, i have no idea how xml works aside from the basic classic gameplay. that's why on all my maps i had to find somebody who really knew what they were doing cause most my maps were bonkers when it came to rules. :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Tue May 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Wow, there's a blast from the past!

How have you been, DiM?

here, there and everywhere.
basically life took over. but yesterday i somehow remembered CC and i said to myself: "damn, i wonder if CC stil exists and my maps are still active. better check it out"
Major DiM

Postby zimmah on Sat May 29, 2021 3:58 pm

DiM wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Wow, there's a blast from the past!

How have you been, DiM?

here, there and everywhere.
basically life took over. but yesterday i somehow remembered CC and i said to myself: "damn, i wonder if CC stil exists and my maps are still active. better check it out"

Your maps are my faves, and we were even working on some really nice ones that I'd love to complete. I thought you'd never return!

I'm an actual developer now, and it all started with XML :D
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Previous

Return to The Atlas