Conquer Club

Supermax: Prison Riot! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby maxdetjens on Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:30 pm

This map is looking great.

If your short on space the officers could have 3 or 4 digit shield numbers. They could be random or even encoded by position Like the ones in block A could be 100's and block B 200's and even then order them so that the first guard in block A is 113, and the second is 127. and the forth 141 and so on so that each guard, acceding down the block, is in order (but yet somewhat random looking.)

I do have a question about the fish. The fish are a gang? the fish tend to be the fresh meat for the other gangs. What if having fish added to any gang total. (the XML would need allot of canceling rules to insure that they only get counted once, but it should be possible.)
Cadet maxdetjens

Postby Coleman on Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:10 pm

maxdetjens wrote:I do have a question about the fish. The fish are a gang? the fish tend to be the fresh meat for the other gangs. What if having fish added to any gang total. (the XML would need allot of canceling rules to insure that they only get counted once, but it should be possible.)

The gangs in this prision are very much divided on account of race and the new fish don't fit every gang. In fact it seems in this prision they really don't fit any, so they realized they needed to band together to survive.

If the gangs were not so bound by race I would feel that was a good idea though.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby maxdetjens on Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:50 pm

Coleman wrote:The gangs in this prision are very much divided on account of race and the new fish don't fit every gang. In fact it seems in this prision they really don't fit any, so they realized they needed to band together to survive.

If the gangs were not so bound by race I would feel that was a good idea though.

I'm way to pretty to go to prison. So i only have TV to tell me what its like. But Its my understanding that fish aren't "people" on the inside. their race doesn't matter because they are possessions. They cant band together because they only trickle in. by the time new ones come in the last ones have already been owned.

Either way though. The map doesn't need this idea to be cool. It was just a thought.
Cadet maxdetjens

Postby Kaplowitz on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:09 pm

It looks really great, but one small thing: Cell Block is like a different font, and it looks much nicer than the current one.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby thegeneralpublic on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:23 pm

How do each of the "territories" connect? Can each attack another in the same room or the adjacent room?
Cadet thegeneralpublic

Postby Coleman on Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:It looks really great, but one small thing: Cell Block is like a different font, and it looks much nicer than the current one.

It's my understanding that mibi plans to work on graphics after the final layout is decided. A universal or even better font will likely exist when he's done.

thegeneralpublic wrote:How do each of the "territories" connect? Can each attack another in the same room or the adjacent room?

That's exactly it. Inmates can attack anyone in the same room as them or in a connected room.
Sergeant Coleman

noticed something

Postby Keredrex on Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:19 am

I noticed you stil had a ? marked territory... Why not make that a SUPER SUPER Isolated Uber Criminal Cell ..........Or even Electric Chair... Maybe put a new fish in there since they aren't in the Hole
Sergeant 1st Class Keredrex

Postby mibi on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:55 am

Coleman wrote:I get the layout part of it, but what all is going to be neutral?

IMO anything that is the hole should be neutral 2 or even 1. All the guards or at least the warden should be neutral. The weapons should be neutral 3.

All guards will be neutral, most likely 3 or 2 in the cell blocks, some may have more. all the blank spaces will have 1 or 2. all the weapons will have 3-5, i dunno.

im not sure about the hole being neutral. maybe.
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:58 am

maxdetjens wrote:This map is looking great.

If your short on space the officers could have 3 or 4 digit shield numbers. They could be random or even encoded by position Like the ones in block A could be 100's and block B 200's and even then order them so that the first guard in block A is 113, and the second is 127. and the forth 141 and so on so that each guard, acceding down the block, is in order (but yet somewhat random looking.)

I do have a question about the fish. The fish are a gang? the fish tend to be the fresh meat for the other gangs. What if having fish added to any gang total. (the XML would need allot of canceling rules to insure that they only get counted once, but it should be possible.)

well maybe the fish can not have the leader requirement. or maybe they can be +2 for every 3 members.

the shield numbers is a good idea, i just dont think I can fit 3 digits in the cell blocked. this map will get squeezed real bad in the small version.
Captain mibi

Postby thegeneralpublic on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:59 am

Coleman wrote:That's exactly it. Inmates can attack anyone in the same room as them or in a connected room.

You may want to put that on the map somewhere...
Cadet thegeneralpublic

Postby Coleman on Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:23 am

mibi wrote:well maybe the fish can be +2 for every 3 members.

I like that a lot.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby hulmey on Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:38 pm

lets get the graphics done on this mibi. Coz its just so confusing at the moment....

Oh and are u gonna finish D-Day or can i take it over lol
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Coleman on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:32 am

hulmey wrote:\Oh and are u gonna finish D-Day or can i take it over lol

At the risk of going off topic it's been finished for 20 days now and barely anyone has said anything about it.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby hulmey on Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:35 am

think nthe bonuses were going to be changed by mibi. I cant remember if he done a poll or not or was going to do one!!!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby mibi on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:52 am

ha.. this is so crazy.

ok so all inmates have been named with the gang leaders in the boxes. all the guards have 3 digit 'badge numbers' and some of the blank spaces have letters to differentiate them selves.

i know it looks like a total cluster f*ck but it is a riot people. all the final graphics should help things a bit

5 gangs of 15 inmates
16 new fish
34 guards
8 weapons

i still don't know what to do with that question mark area. gas chamber maybe? but how would it work?
Captain mibi

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:55 am

I do not envy whoevers coding this lol.

I think the gand leaders need to stand out a litle moew.

The question mark? try maknig it somethnig like an access to the vents. It comes out in all teh cell blocks. but make it a one way attack

And on a side not, can you call teh warden Lack :shock:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby thegeneralpublic on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:43 am

I think something like the gas room should be a double-edged sword...if you own the warden, it should give -1 to everyone else because you're killing them off. However, if you don't own the warden, it should give you -2 or -1.
Cadet thegeneralpublic

Postby Coleman on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:58 am

I'm not sure what the light gray things are, but they aren't all labeled.

Also, you're going to hate me for this... But I think the weapons should have actual weapon names instead of just being numbered, but if there really isn't room for that then never mind. (Shivs, Batons, Talcum, ect.)
Sergeant Coleman

Postby thegeneralpublic on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:11 am

Where's the New Fish's gang leader?
Cadet thegeneralpublic

Postby mibi on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:41 am

thegeneralpublic wrote:Where's the New Fish's gang leader?

the fish have no leader, their bonus will be +1 for every 3 or something.
Captain mibi

Postby mibi on Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:50 am

Coleman wrote:I'm not sure what the light gray things are, but they aren't all labeled.

Also, you're going to hate me for this... But I think the weapons should have actual weapon names instead of just being numbered, but if there really isn't room for that then never mind. (Shivs, Batons, Talcum, ect.)

the light grey areas are just blank spaces that will have 1 neutral. some will be called in the xml "cell block D entrance" others are labeled.

i will see if i can label some of the weapons... but it does get crowded in the lower portion of those cell blocks.

and wtf is talcum?
Captain mibi

Postby unriggable on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:11 am

You gotta write the bonuses on the map y'know.
Cook unriggable

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:16 am

rickies man is missing a line
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Coleman on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:00 pm

mibi wrote:and wtf is talcum?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talcum

Talcum Powder more specifically. It's common in prisons for cleaning purposes, I think... Anyway it is known to cause cancer (as in rubbing yourself all over with it would be very painful and pretty much will give you cancer) and throwing it in someones face will usually blind them.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby mibi on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:12 pm

added the legend for clarification.

Captain mibi

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas