Conquer Club

Feudal War [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby thegeneralpublic on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:50 pm

This looks cool, but I have a problem with "attacking but not advancing." Don't you have to advance at least ONE troop in to the country anyway? Or would the castle just stop attacking when they got down to one troop?
Cadet thegeneralpublic

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:59 am

Keyogi

Can I point you to this thread...

Conquest Mode

And also Johloh's Pirate map - which I can't find at the moment due to horrific reorganisation and pointer threads in the main foundry forum.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Telvannia on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:00 am

KEYOGI wrote:Secondly, despite my short absence, I still had a look over the previous pages of the thread. Besides yourself and yeti_c who are making the map you have only DiM and Telvannia providing feedback. JupitersKing had some input early on but hasn't been back since.

If you look at the Caribbean map the are only two major people in that DiM and Johloh, other people pop in and say things like
    looks good

add a sea line between X and Y

ect.

And that made it though the foundry just fine, so why dont you stop spamming this thread complaining about lack of interest, and let him get on with making it and see what happens, it maybe become popular. Although you may think he could use his amazing map making talent elsewhere, i think we let him finish this map because i for one really like it.

Well ranting over. back to map,
no offense DiM im not a fan of either of the gold mines, maybe if you did like a collection of buildings within a quarry looking thing with a cave in it. Actually when i read that it does not sound very mineish, i will see if i can make a example.
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby KEYOGI on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:24 am

Telvannia, I think I know the difference between spamming and arguing a point. :wink:

Thanks for the link yeti_c, it gave me a good opportunity to rant about the stupidity of the idea. :P

Personally, I'm suprised anyone would find the idea appealing. We all work hard in the foundry to reduce the occurance of neutrals to an absolute minimum, but here we are with the wacky idea of a map full of neutrals. :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Telvannia on Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:37 am

KEYOGI wrote:Personally, I'm suprised anyone would find the idea appealing. We all work hard in the foundry to reduce the occurance of neutrals to an absolute minimum, but here we are with the wacky idea of a map full of neutrals. :roll:

it is called the future, embrace it.
There are loads of new styles of play being produced at the moment, take my idea for example, a map where you build up your armies for the first amount of turns then the map changes to a battle field and you fight it out.

back to the map once agian
i was bored so i animated the villages, but i dont think this would be possible to do for the whole map, defiantly not the night and day part. But im rather proud of my little market i have in the village

i could not be bothered to make it into a continuous loop, so when day comes everyone pops out of nowhere, if you plan to animated your villages start at midnight when no one is around it is much easier to start and end with a empty village

Postby hulmey on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:39 am

i never noticed this map before maybe because since the forums have been changed i dont pop in so often... The map looks very good and has great potential...

I noticed it coz of the debate on the neutreuls which i certainly dont like and it would be a shame to incorporate in this map.... Neutrels would leave the game open to a hella of a lota LUCK...The first roll would probably make or break you which is crazy... My first go is just simply to attack a 1 army to gain a card and fortify my troops, which would be impossible.

However back to the map, i think the names are hard to read and also the lines toooo faint....Also dont know of you have got this far yet but the river beads seem undefended, what are your plans for them?
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:48 am

Telvannia wrote:
KEYOGI wrote:Personally, I'm suprised anyone would find the idea appealing. We all work hard in the foundry to reduce the occurance of neutrals to an absolute minimum, but here we are with the wacky idea of a map full of neutrals. :roll:

it is called the future, embrace it.
There are loads of new styles of play being produced at the moment, take my idea for example, a map where you build up your armies for the first amount of turns then the map changes to a battle field and you fight it out.

back to the map once agian
i was bored so i animated the villages, but i dont think this would be possible to do for the whole map, defiantly not the night and day part. But im rather proud of my little market i have in the village

i could not be bothered to make it into a continuous loop, so when day comes everyone pops out of nowhere, if you plan to animated your villages start at midnight when no one is around it is much easier to start and end with a empty village

nice animation telvannia. but unfortunatelly animations are kind of a problem.

i actually made an animated AoM version maybe 2 months ago (see page 34) but the problem is the size of the image and the fact on slow computers it takes a lot of time to load. i love the idea and i'd play an animated map anytime but technical reason kinda prevent us from doing it.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:50 am

Yeah Animated could be a third option (small, large animated) but would need a code change for it to work (I'm assuming that people with a decent net connection have decent res - thus animated would be same size as large!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:53 am

DiM wrote:which texture?

The 1st mine :)

KEYOGI wrote:With the dimensions of the current map, I'm guessing this is the large version. I'm wondering how this is going to work at all for a small version considering the small and cramped nature of the map already.

I was considering making this the small map. however the size be increase alot with teh legends so it will probably become teh large map. I will do some extra work on making it less cramped with a small version.

KEYOGI wrote:One last little thing... I can't determine any continent names. As an example, how am I supposed to know the difference between all the "1" named territories?

There is going to be a mini map in teh legends that will determine the names of cetain plots of land.

Telvannia wrote:,
no offense DiM im not a fan of either of the gold mines, maybe if you did like a collection of buildings within a quarry looking thing with a cave in it. Actually when i read that it does not sound very mineish, i will see if i can make a example.

I dont really think quarries were used in medieval times. More like a cave in the side of the mountain lol

hulmey wrote:However back to the map, i think the names are hard to read and also the lines toooo faint....Also dont know of you have got this far yet but the river beads seem undefended, what are your plans for them?

what do u mean?
Last edited by gimil on Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:54 am

Elmiinating Neutrals on a full map is one thing - but I like this new idea of gameplay - I liked it when Johloh came up with it for the Pirates map (Where has that gone?!) and I can see a lot of future in it...

The problem is that these 2 maps won't be able to be played (as is) with out the neutrals - as the need for each player to start with a castle cannot be fulfilled with the current system...

If the XML was tweaked further then these maps could work but at the moment the need for the forcing of neutrals is paramount.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:58 am

How about after the next draft of the map yeti_c gets onto teh XML. once thats done teh game can be test played while the graphics are bring worked on and gameplay can evolve and change from there?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby hulmey on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:06 am

Graphics have to be done first...Really think u guys are jumping the gun...

Slow down and let the foundry work please
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:08 am

well there seems KEYOGI's got a problems with the set up of teh map. That why im suggesting teest playing it while the detailed graphics get done.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby hulmey on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:20 am

im not understanding.......

Its just a normal map. Its looking good...How about making the bonus legends? Theres still alot of work to be done!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:16 am

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:which texture?

The 1st mine :)

i made a gray blob and then using burn and dodge made it look rocky. nothing special about it. as i said it was done in a hurry.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:53 am

here you go gimil the castles as you requested. all the 6 castles are different as i think they should be.

they each have an overhead view but i tryied to make them as 3d as possible.

Major DiM

Postby gimil on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:57 am

i will tweek the color a little to fit with the map other than that i love them thanxs you very much DiM

:D

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:58 am

i also thing i will reduce the amount of terrs in each estate in order to allow the casltes to be a little larger

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:04 am

here are the individual castle files with all effects applied. just use copy paste.

Major DiM

Postby gimil on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:06 am

DiM you continue to amaze me :D

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:24 am

here it is:

Major DiM

Postby Telvannia on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:17 pm

DiM im a big fan of the castle, shame i have no use for them :P

oh, i should think they will suit the map well.

Postby gimil on Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:21 pm

im going to updates use all and let you know the castles are coming on a treat :wink:

DiM you are a true star :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:02 pm

glad you love them guys. i'm eagerly waiting the next update. if you need anything else feel free to ask :)
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:23 am

havent had muchtime to do much work but heres what ive updated.

New legends (Still need a few naems)
Added gold mine(not complete)
Added a castle(which looks excellent lol)

i KNOW its only a small update but i thought id give you guys something to look at ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas