Conquer Club

Das Schloß [QUENCHED #2]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Das Schloß [BETA] V44 Adjustment?

Postby fumandomuerte on Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:47 am

Cairns, you should make it clear on the legend that Landeplatz A & B can both attack the Hubschraubers A & B and Hubschraubers A & B can't attack each other.
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:I hate to be a pain in the ass, but there's some pixelation on DS7 border.

You're telling me at this time about this when the map has been up there for like ever...

fumandomuerte wrote:Cairns, you should make it clear on the legend that Landeplatz A & B can both attack the Hubschraubers A & B and Hubschraubers A & B can't attack each other.

You find the room....
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:57 pm

AAFitz wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
AAFitz wrote:is the only giving a few spots in the chuttes going to stay? Or as im hoping is this a bug?

Fitz, these are now the only starting positions in the xml, which means in a 2 player game you might get three of these each and the other go to neutral. the rest of the terrs are dividied up amongst 3 players.
I hope this is what you are asking.
lackattack updated this on Wed.

So, you wont divide up the others spots on the map?

If this is true, the map is should just be deleted for 2 player game, as the first player advantage is utterly ridiculous. You almost cant win going second. It is the biggest advantage for going first on any CC map pretty much ever, because you pretty much automatically get an extra 8 armies on turn one, and the advantage of dropping first. The only possible way to win going second is a rather massive dice upset, or the other person simply suicides or something.

Will it stay like this forever?

No, I did not realise that for some reason, all those previous start terrs in the castle, airport and village were coded as neutrals.
These have now been removed, so there should be some even distribution of players amongst those terrs.

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/das_schloss_250610.xml

I'll let you know when this has been uploaded.
Private cairnswk

Postby MrBenn on Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:48 pm

http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/das_schloss_250610.xml

I have forwarded the above XML to lackattack ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:29 pm

MrBenn wrote:http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/das_schloss_250610.xml

And this has been updated this morning. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby tonbomorphew on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:41 pm

Could it say Das Skloss That how swiss write it?
Cook tonbomorphew

Postby natty dread on Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:52 pm

tonbomorphew wrote:Could it say Das Skloss That how swiss write it?

Where do you see Swiss people on this map?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby bbzed on Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:31 am

Im not sure if this has been mentioned in the 88 pages, surely it has but this map really doesnt work well with flat rate spoils, we have had many people complaining and leaving the game here http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=6688108, its a great map but really needs to be played with escalating spoils.
Sergeant 1st Class bbzed

Postby tonbomorphew on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:06 am

Maybe the swiss are neutral and colored is nazis
Cook tonbomorphew

Postby natty dread on Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:17 am

tonbomorphew wrote:Maybe the swiss are neutral and colored is nazis

Well no one's stopping you from imagining that they are.

Postby thesheeit on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

ths has got to be the stupidest map ever now it was better before
Sergeant 1st Class thesheeit

Postby MrBenn on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:46 pm

thesheeit wrote:ths has got to be the stupidest map ever now it was better before

I guess by "before" you're referring to the deeply flawed version from when the map first went live?

What in your opinion was better previously? What specifically do you think is bad? If you put forward some suggestions about how you think the map could be improved, then it gives the mapmaker something to work with ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby AAFitz on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 am

cairnswk wrote:
MrBenn wrote:http://h1.ripway.com/cairnswk/das_schloss_250610.xml

And this has been updated this morning. :)

awesome, I made more and will continue to do so...

that last revision before all the spots went away wasnt bad. its still pretty skewed to the castle, but i dont know hot to play it any other way so i could be wrong
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:23 am

Seems to be playing pretty well. I myself dont know how to use the other bonuses all that well, so Im not sure if they work, but all in all, there are no massively unbalanced sections on 1v1 or for going first now.

If I were to suggest any change, Id say one or two more could be given in upper right, to really contend the castle, but I honestly dont have enough experience over there, to know for sure.

The AA resetting actually is a nice touch, though theoretically it does reduce the usefulness of the chuttes for gaining advantage over other areas

every game so far as been good, ive seen no problems whatsoever, but its still early, and half of them are still ending when someone accidentally gets reset on AA so it will take a few more to know for sure.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for that Feedback AA Fitz. I'll wait and see if anyone else has some f/back also.
Private cairnswk

Postby thesheeit on Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:08 pm

so far i like the change im not sure about the random drop though might be better to make it even again but i guess its like whining about the drop on any other map...sometimes your good sometimes bad ill try another game or two ans see how it goes
Sergeant 1st Class thesheeit

Postby tokle on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 am

It is possible to get a bonus from the drop now. I much preffered it when you had a fixed amount of starting locations in each of the areas.
Major tokle

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 am

tokle wrote:It is possible to get a bonus from the drop now. I much preffered it when you had a fixed amount of starting locations in each of the areas.

yeah, you can get dropped in castle or upper right which will get a bonus of +3...however, the more spots you take on one, the more likely your opponent did the same.
Too much. I know.

Postby AAFitz on Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:19 am

The gameplay is fine Id say. I think its still more favored for the castle than it has to be, but I cant say for sure, not ever trying the other bonus.

I do have one other request, that would help out all click map users and everyone however:

If you change the name of timms, and yves to something lower in the alphabet, more specifically, lower than "S" the many forts can be made much, much easier out of the chuttes. This will be a huge change for freestyle play.

I dont know if renaming them is possible, but the benefits are more than you would think.

By doing that, the option of fort from would always be from the chuttes, and it would save at least 8 extra individual forts if you are in those two chutte areas.

The other option would be to change one of the spots near AA to Zeppelin Landing or something like that. Not only would it be badass to have Zeppelin on the map to fort to....it would save some serious time....and in the case of two dueling freestylers, would become a battle in and of itself.
Too much. I know.

Postby Queen_Herpes on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm

I don't have time to read 88 pages....could you edit the description in the original post or edit the second post by the mapmaker to tell me how to attack the 60 army neutral hubschraubers? I don't know how to reach them.

edit: I just figured it out, but I doubt anyone else will know how to do it. I doubt anyone will ever try to take the hubschraubers unless in a nuclear game (as I just did) and one of the hubschraubers got nuked. The landeplatz territories attack the hubschraubers, right? If so, this needs to be made more clear on the map.

edit: Is there a way to earn enough armies/troops to reasonably attack the hubschraubers? I like that they are there and they could be used if, perhaps, they had fewer than 60 neutrals.
Last edited by Queen_Herpes on Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=102006

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby natty dread on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:37 pm

I have to agree with QH here. Unless I'm really missing something, the current version indeed doesn't explain which territories can attack the hubschraubers. The explanation was in the previous versions though, I wonder why it was removed (or was it by mistake?)

Postby AAFitz on Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:17 am

Queen_Herpes wrote:I don't have time to read 88 pages....could you edit the description in the original post or edit the second post by the mapmaker to tell me how to attack the 60 army neutral hubschraubers? I don't know how to reach them.

edit: I just figured it out, but I doubt anyone else will know how to do it. I doubt anyone will ever try to take the hubschraubers unless in a nuclear game (as I just did) and one of the hubschraubers got nuked. The landeplatz territories attack the hubschraubers, right? If so, this needs to be made more clear on the map.

edit: Is there a way to earn enough armies/troops to reasonably attack the hubschraubers? I like that they are there and they could be used if, perhaps, they had fewer than 60 neutrals.

it should be listed...they certainly could stand to have fewer armies, but even at 60 they are indeed important to the game and and an interesting twist, and in multiplayer escalating, they are the essential of the game itself. I myself have only attacked them maybe three times ever though in hundreds of games.
Too much. I know.

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:09 am

AAFitz wrote:
Queen_Herpes wrote:I don't have time to read 88 pages....could you edit the description in the original post or edit the second post by the mapmaker to tell me how to attack the 60 army neutral hubschraubers? I don't know how to reach them.

it should be listed...they certainly could stand to have fewer armies, but even at 60 they are indeed important to the game and and an interesting twist, and in multiplayer escalating, they are the essential of the game itself. I myself have only attacked them maybe three times ever though in hundreds of games.

Will this sording suffice?

Killer Neutral resets: Access Point (to 2) & AA (to 5) and
Landeplatz A & B (to 14) which border each Hubschrauber (each 60)

I would not like to reset the 60....there was much debate that this figure was required to assist maintenance of the objective being achieved, and that the helicopters should only be used as a absolute stalemate game escape. Not everyone plays that of course...
Private cairnswk

Postby Queen_Herpes on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:41 pm

cairnswk wrote:
AAFitz wrote:Will this sording suffice?

Good enough for me...

carinswk wrote:I would not like to reset the 60....there was much debate that this figure was required to assist maintenance of the objective being achieved, and that the helicopters should only be used as a absolute stalemate game escape. Not everyone plays that of course...

It seems that the armies at the Landeplatzen and the Hubschrauberen along with the fact that they reset back to those numbers means that NO ONE would reaonably EVER attack them. Is it possible to attempt to find out a better number on each of those? There really is no way to earn 75 troops at the beginning of a turn to reasonably attack your way through those positions. Then, you've got the enemy territories to conquer, so you've probably need at least 100 armies to effectively attack through. I think 60 needs to be reduced. 15 may be ok at the landeplatzen.

This link is the best way to make new players feel welcome...

Lieutenant Queen_Herpes

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Queen_Herpes wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
AAFitz wrote:Will this sording suffice?

Good enough for me...

carinswk wrote:I would not like to reset the 60....there was much debate that this figure was required to assist maintenance of the objective being achieved, and that the helicopters should only be used as a absolute stalemate game escape. Not everyone plays that of course...

It seems that the armies at the Landeplatzen and the Hubschrauberen along with the fact that they reset back to those numbers means that NO ONE would reaonably EVER attack them. Is it possible to attempt to find out a better number on each of those? There really is no way to earn 75 troops at the beginning of a turn to reasonably attack your way through those positions. Then, you've got the enemy territories to conquer, so you've probably need at least 100 armies to effectively attack through. I think 60 needs to be reduced. 15 may be ok at the landeplatzen.

I really don't want to do that.
You should be aiming at achieving the objective of the game as the way to win, not knocking out your opponents.
As previously stated, the helipcopters were included as the final way to overcome stalements, so it makes sense that those numbers need to be high in order to build towards that.
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas