Conquer Club

CC City Mogul [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC City Mogul [Quenched]

Postby musicalmaven on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 pm

are you still there ?
i have just tried to re-enter my games and the same thing happened as it did with both city mogul & brazil.
i was trying to enter a classic map game and i hit the begin button and i got, as best as i can describe it, a blink and the page was "re-set" and i would have to hit the begin button again.
it happened with the other two maps too. in this case, i did not hit the begin button a second time. i went back up to the panel and tried to light-up my territories and nothing registered.
since you did get back to me to ask your questions and the person doing the brazil map did not, and i lost my turn on both games, i figured i'd come back to you and ask - what's going on ?
why am i having this problem ?
i am going to try to get back into c.c. on another computer and see if it happens there too.
i've been on c.c. both on this computer and the other computer earlier today without a problem.
and, by the way, what's the problem with BOB ? we just got a new computer and BOB has not been available to put onto the new computer, so i can see which color is which and in which territory.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Postby IcePack on Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:58 pm

Are you using Firefox 31.0?
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby musicalmaven on Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:17 pm

as far as i know i am using the most current version of firefox.
i believe i am now experiencing the same problem with my 2nd computer - a notebook, which has BOB.
but i just tried to enter a classic map game and i got the same "blink" from this computer as i did from my old desktop and when the map re-appeared i no longer had the ability to highlight any players territories by resting the mouse on that player.
i again did not enter the game after the "blink".
what is going on?
am i the only one with this problem ?
i tried to get on with my old desktop this morning, but i had the same problem and i have played today both on this notebook and on my new computer (without BOB) with no problem until a few minutes ago.
i had played last on the notebook earlier this afternoon and on my new computer until 6 P.PM. east coast daylight savings time.
and again, what's up with BOB ? i am still, or rather had been using the old computer because BOB was functioning on it, and i could not get get it on the new computer.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Postby musicalmaven on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:56 am

just to let you know - i've received a message from another c.c. player who said he had the same problem and the problem was resolved by backing out of firefox 31 and going back to firefox 30.
he gave me a web site to back out of firefox 31. i'm going to try it. i'll let you know if it works for me.
also, maybe you guys need to work on your communication. a) you never got back to me about the possible incompatibility problem, nor how to resolve it, although you did have an inkling as to why i was having the problem and b) as i mentioned, i also notified the people working on the brazil map and they apparently had no idea as to the possible cause of the problem and they wound up saying that it apparently isn't a map problem, but a site problem and referred me back to the bug reporting area, not the map site.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Postby Gilligan on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:25 am

we also have lives too. we can't check everything all of the time :)

but again, yeah, it's a site problem and not a map problem (as i said in brazil).

I am not a tech guy so I have no idea how firefox works or what could/could not be compatible with it.
Major Gilligan

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:01 am

musicalmaven wrote:just to let you know - i've received a message from another c.c. player who said he had the same problem and the problem was resolved by backing out of firefox 31 and going back to firefox 30.
he gave me a web site to back out of firefox 31. i'm going to try it. i'll let you know if it works for me.
also, maybe you guys need to work on your communication. a) you never got back to me about the possible incompatibility problem, nor how to resolve it, although you did have an inkling as to why i was having the problem and b) as i mentioned, i also notified the people working on the brazil map and they apparently had no idea as to the possible cause of the problem and they wound up saying that it apparently isn't a map problem, but a site problem and referred me back to the bug reporting area, not the map site.

I'm the one who posted about you having FF 31. I don't normally come to maps area and as the problem had come up earlier I had been handling it a lot in bugs.
I checked a few times after you posted, but you posted in Brazil, city mogul, bugs.
You didn't reply here for over an hour, this is the next time I checked this area after waiting around a bit to see if you had replied. I'm not onsite 24/7.
Most issues would be handled in bugs, where they would point you to maps if it was a map issue and alert the CA mods to get you faster responses next time. Post there first for bugs
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Previous

Return to The Atlas