Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Mayhem [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Age of Realms: Mayhem [Quenched]

Postby jleonnn on Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:01 am

then don't step out of the sanctuary... attack the blood water territs(red ones surrounding the island) and they can attack ports
General jleonnn

Postby 6_roller on Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:06 am

jleonnn wrote:then don't step out of the sanctuary... attack the blood water territs(red ones surrounding the island) and they can attack ports

That doesn't really help does it, you're on no bonus and having to attack a port, and then a castle to get any bonuses.

Like to hear from a winning sanctuary player...
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby 6_roller on Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:15 am

In the game play for the map, did the played starting on sanctuary ever win?
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby riskfreak on Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:21 pm

I just finished a 1v 1 game ,and before I mopped up the last few enemies., I tried, but could not find a way into the Sanctuary.
I attacked the sanctuary island' s dock a bunch of times, from the Aoria-area dock, and it kept on replacing with 1 neutral army. I couldnt advance. Is there a bug?

Was i supposed to advance thru someplace else?

rf
Sergeant riskfreak

Postby iancanton on Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:13 pm

the dock is attached to u'rl, so u'rl is the region u must attack if u want to conquer the sanctuary.

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby jleonnn on Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:17 pm

6_roller wrote:
jleonnn wrote:then don't step out of the sanctuary... attack the blood water territs(red ones surrounding the island) and they can attack ports

That doesn't really help does it, you're on no bonus and having to attack a port, and then a castle to get any bonuses.

Like to hear from a winning sanctuary player...

You get bonus for holding blood water territs... I've won tons of times... what you need to do is take all the blood water territs, drop and drop and drop on the sanctuary and wait. If the guy bombards one of your blood water territs, attack him with your stack. If his bonus too much, attack him through your port... your stack should enough
General jleonnn

Postby DBSpenser on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 pm

Might I suggest something: It seems when I play this map, it's so easy for the player taking the first turn of each round to win. Unlike classic Risk, the troop numbers increase and decrease each turn exponentially (ie take a Rune, get +2*castles, village +1*castles). In classic, troop numbers increase and decrease more linearly (ie take a continent, get +2 or so), but it's very difficult to take a continent and keep it, whereas Runes and Villages are so insulated by neutrals they're easy to keep. By the time the 3rd or 4th turn comes, the first player that round has a huge bonus, enough to break through the molasses of the neutral territories and overrun another player, and because troops increase so rapidly, it's virtually impossible to stop him.
Perhaps, and I know these suggestions would radically alter the map, but what about giving troops for holding territories (like classic) but a lot of them, to decrease the early lead player 1 gets. Or perhaps making Rune pairs, like in Might or Magic.
Or maybe I just suck at this map and am making excuses...
Private 1st Class DBSpenser

Postby natty dread on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Ok, how about giving suggestions to maps that are currently in development or in beta. Because the chances are infinitesimally slim that any changes will be introduced to a map that has been in play for years, is very popular, and the maker of which is no longer on the site...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:57 pm

there's a map glitch here; a whole region is not included in fog on AOR3..Game 13840279
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
General t4mcr53s2

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:59 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:there's a map glitch here; a whole region is not included in fog on AOR3..Game 13840279

If you mean Xi region, read the bit on the right side of the map about Xi.
Major Gilligan

Previous

Return to The Atlas