Conquer Club

Central America [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Central America - Waiting on Beta!!! [D,GP,GFX,XML,BETA]

Postby danfrank on Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:08 pm

nippersean wrote:
danfrank wrote:How is this map out of beta ?????????? ... when i can`t fort ( chained ) from San salvador to Puntarenas when i own Guatemala ????????????????????

Did you own the sea route?

Congrats - nice map this one.

Well ,,, OBVIOUSLY..... :roll:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:12 pm

danfrank wrote:
nippersean wrote:
danfrank wrote:How is this map out of beta ?????????? ... when i can`t fort ( chained ) from San salvador to Puntarenas when i own Guatemala ????????????????????

Did you own the sea route?

Congrats - nice map this one.

Well ,,, OBVIOUSLY..... :roll:

Do you also hold the "Pacific Sea Route" territory? If so, I can;t see any reason why chained would not let you make that fortification. My guess is that there was likely some sort of temporary glitch, or a user error? What was the game number, and which round did you try to make that fortification?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby iancanton on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:36 am

a spelling mistake in one of the region names: we have alténtida instead of atlántida in the xml and both of the maps.

http://www.doomos.hn/st/casas_en_atlantida.html

ian. :)
Brigadier iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Re: Central America [Quenched]

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 am

Good spot.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby ender516 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:01 am

A bit sad no one saw this sooner.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Sunny Fan on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:42 am

Hola!
Nice map, game-wise, but a coupla minor issues that might already have been covered, I don't want to trawl through 20-plus pages, so apologies if these have already been brought up. And yes, I realise that this map is already out there, but just for pedantic accuracy :

First, it should be Atlántida, not Atléntida..
Second, the region labelled San José is not San José at all, if anything it's Guanacaste. As the map stands, San José is pretty much at the East point of the compass by Puntarenas port.
Third (and this would involve gameplay changes), the people of Limón would be very upset that they're not included as a seaport, as they have one of the largest seaports in the region.
And Bocas del Toro is huge on the map:) I like that artistic licence, seriously. Bocas itself is actually really really tiny. But I like that it gets writ large on the map, partly because thinking about it, I couldn't come up with anything better outside tricky indigenous nomenclature that would mystify, or something really dull and descriptive, and partly because it's a beautiful part of the world. So bravo for that.
But my other minor pedantic points stand, I think.
And if I were being an ultra pedant, I might quibble with the naming and size of Copán - call it Puerto Cortés and shrink it a bit, I would. But that's a minor thing.
Nice map, I hope that this criticism is seen in the constructive light that is meant, and I also realise that these words come far too late to make any difference anyway:)
Sergeant 1st Class Sunny Fan

Postby muti on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:08 am

Also too late and pedantic like above but - it doesn't state anywhere that the sea routes can attack the ports. I suppose it might seem obvious but I took the legend literally and was then rather surprised to discover that I'd lost all my bonuses.
Could be clearer.
Cook muti

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:14 pm

muti wrote:Also too late and pedantic like above but - it doesn't state anywhere that the sea routes can attack the ports. I suppose it might seem obvious but I took the legend literally and was then rather surprised to discover that I'd lost all my bonuses.
Could be clearer.

Now that I read it again, I see what you mean. It could be interpreted as if the only point having the sea routes is to get the bonus.

Maybe MrBenn is around and still has the map files handy enough to change the text?
Colonel ManBungalow

Previous

Return to The Atlas