Conquer Club

Rail Europe

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Rail Europe

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 pm

Rail Europe
Map by cairnswk
Guide by stahrgazer

Click image to enlarge.

Introduction

Wagonways, roads of wooden rails for horse-drawn carts, were being used in Germany as early as 1550. By 1776, iron had replaced the wood in the rails and wheels, and Tramways spread through Europe. In 1789, Englishman, William Jessup designed flanged wheels. This groove that allowed better grip on the rail was a feature of locomotives. Built by Richard Trevithick, the first steam locomotive began iron-hauling operations in 1804, 20 years before locomotives in the United States; the beginning of Europe's modern railways.

Now the Conquer Club player has a chance to travel Europe's intricate railways, from 3-stop stations as small as original wagonways to infamous 9-stop stations like the Orient Express. Rail Europe is "Larger and has different play than Rail USA. Mixes the lineation of Rail USA assault lines with more standard style bonus zones, in conjunction with assault barriers at some stations," (cairnswk).

show: Classification

show: Characteristics by Bonus Zone

Recommended Play
Flat rate or no spoils team play, especially quadruples teams, is loads of fun on this map, with or without fog; but escalating works, too. Because of the linear aspects of the map, select chained reinforcements.

How to play Rail Europe
With no bombardments and no alternative Victory Condition, the only way to win is to conquer every rail station region from every opponent.

show: Two Player

show: Spoils

show: Manual Deployments, Multiplayer, Terminator, and Assassin Games

show: Team Games

show: Additional Notes

show: Similar Maps

show: Other Related Strategy Guides
Sergeant stahrgazer

Re: Rail Europe

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:03 pm

===============================
This ends the Official Map Guide.

However, there may be relevant strategy discussion outside the scope of this basic map guide located in the below further discussion.

Please keep the discussion general so it applies to many situations. Guidance about your specific games should go in the main Strategy forum.
===============================
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby stahrgazer on Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 am

Note error in city callout in this paragraph of 2-player:

If the player takes the N-line (Vilnius Express), conquer WAW Warsaw-O, PRG Prague-O, and the hub station at KÖln to effectively block the only path into the Vilnius Express. Another important line is the M-line, the Baltic Express, which has two assault points: Sprague (H-line) and Helsinki (G-line).

SPG-H called "Sprague" here is St. Petersburg. :oops: dunno what I was drinking that morning... apparently not enough coffee.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Postby littlejerry on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:04 am

Some Bonus Zones to Focus On
N: Vilnius Express. The only entrance to N-rail is through WAW- O to WAW-N, and WAW-O itself is hard to get to. The path to WAW is through PRG-O from KLN (C,H,O) which can be reached from BER-H, BRU-H, BRU-O, or FRT-C; The only other way in is through a right-side path from BUD-P to the front door at PRG-O

Does BUD P connect to PRG O? I see BUD I connects to PRG I. :-k
Corporal 1st Class littlejerry

Postby littlejerry on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:06 am

Still an excellent guide! =D>
Corporal 1st Class littlejerry

Postby stahrgazer on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:00 pm

littlejerry wrote:Does BUD P connect to PRG O?

No. Only hub stations like KLN, where the CHO has no separations, so that it is one region, can appear to assault across rail letters. Otherwise, you cannot assault from one rail letter to another rail letter.

littlejerry wrote: I see BUD I connects to PRG I. :-k

Correct, that's why you're seeing the rail line that can be slightly confusing.
Sergeant stahrgazer

Return to Conquer Club Discussion