Conquer Club

Operation Drug War

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Operation Drug War

Postby danryan on Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:02 am

Operation Drug War
Map by edbeard
Guide by danryan

Click image to enlarge.

Introduction
The Conquer Club description for this map is quite good: An Objective map of 24 starting regions and many regions starting with neutral troops, with a theme of drug gangs versus the police. There are four separate objectives, two focusing on each side of the conflict, but all four share one region. The map contains many non-standard gameplay features including neutral starting regions, bombardment, and autodeploy. The objectives aren't the only route to victory. There are multiple options for bonus zones which don't follow the basic continent style and can be used to eliminate your opponents or help hold an objective.

This is a very flexible map that works with any settings. It is really too small for quadruple games or 7-8 player games.

show: Classification

How to play Operation Drug War
show: Two Player

show: Multiplayer

show: Team Games

show: Manual Deployment

Other related strategy guides
  • City Mogul
  • Das Schloß
Last edited by danryan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Re: Operation Drug War

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:39 am

===============================
This ends the Official Map Guide.

However, there may be relevant strategy discussion outside the scope of this basic map guide located in the below further discussion.

Please keep the discussion general so it applies to many situations. Guidance about your specific games should go in the main Strategy forum.
===============================
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby wilkinc on Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:52 am

In the two-player section, it says that each player starts with 12 regions, but I've just started a new game (Game 8145177) and both players started with only 8 regions.
Major wilkinc

Postby danryan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:09 am

wilkinc wrote:In the two-player section, it says that each player starts with 12 regions, but I've just started a new game (Game 8145177) and both players started with only 8 regions.

:oops: How embarassing. You're absolutely right. I've rewritten the relevant section. Thanks for catching this, and I hope the guide is helpful.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby 40kguy on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:02 pm

wilkinc wrote:In the two-player section, it says that each player starts with 12 regions, but I've just started a new game (Game 8145177) and both players started with only 8 regions.

how did none of us catch that.
16:00:18 ‹Pixar› Valentines Day the one day in they year that the V and the D come together
Cook 40kguy

Return to Conquer Club Discussion