Conquer Club

Spoils

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Spoils

Postby Dako on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:05 am

Spoils
Guide by Dako based on Artimis original guide.

Introduction

You gain a spoil at the end of your turn if you successfully assaulted and conquered at least one region during the assault phase of your turn. The colour of the spoil is randomly determined and they are available in red, green and blue. Each spoil is associated with a randomly selected region on the map. You will have the option of trading in any matching group of three spoils (3 of the same color, or one of each color) you possess before the deployment phase of your turn. You can have a maximum of five spoils in hand after ending your turn; if you have five or more spoils at the beginning of or during your turn, then you will be compelled to trade in matching groups until you have four or less spoils left. The trade effect differs depending on the the type of the spoils. For some settings, you receive additional deploys on any region you own in the set.

If you eliminate an opponent you will receive all his or her spoils. Also, if a teammate gets kicked from the game, the first player still on the team receives that player's spoils in addition to regions.

There are four different settings for this game option:
  • No Spoils - You're not awarded spoils after one or more successful assaults in your turn. This type of game is no frills and you need only worry about map specific bonuses such as zone bonuses and region count bonuses.
  • Flat Rate Spoils - Trading in a matching group of three red spoils is worth 4 extra troops, three green spoils are worth 6 extra troops, three blue spoils are extra worth 8 troops and a mixed group of one red + one green + one blue is worth 10 extra troops. If you own the region of the spoil you turn in, two troops will be automatically added to that region.
  • Escalating Spoils - The trade in value is not linked to the colour of the group. To trade in spoils you still have to have a group of three spoils (three red, three green, three blue or mixed [one of each color]) and the value of each subsequent trade in progresses as follows 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 20 (further trade in values increase in multiples of 5 thereafter). If you own the region of the spoil you turn in, two troops will be automatically added to that region.
  • Nuclear Spoils - After the trade all the regions that were named by each traded spoils reset to 1 neutral troop no matter how many troops were on the respective region. This means that it no longer belongs to a player who owned the region. Instead of receiving bonus troops for an owned spoils, you might nuke yourself off a region. It is unwise to nuke your own or teammates' regions but sometimes you do not have the other option.

show: No spoils

show: Flat rate

show: Escalating

show: Nuclear
Colonel Dako

Re: Spoils

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:09 am

===============================
This ends the Official Map Guide.

However, there may be relevant strategy discussion outside the scope of this basic map guide located in the below further discussion.

Please keep the discussion general so it applies to many situations. Guidance about your specific games should go in the main Strategy forum.
===============================
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:22 am

I think this could use an update. I think the Flat Rate and Escalating sections are pretty good just as they are, but the No Spoils and Nuclear sections could be rewritten to be a little more readable. Also, we need a whole new section for Zombie spoils.

If anyone wants to take a crack at writing the appropriate section, I'll edit them into the OP.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby JamesKer1 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:25 am

Dukasaur wrote:I think this could use an update. I think the Flat Rate and Escalating sections are pretty good just as they are, but the No Spoils and Nuclear sections could be rewritten to be a little more readable. Also, we need a whole new section for Zombie spoils.

If anyone wants to take a crack at writing the appropriate section, I'll edit them into the OP.

Escalating spoils will need to be updated as well to incorporate the increasing escalating rule that's been added.
Join CrossMapAHolics!

Stephan Wayne wrote:Every day is Fool's Day on CC.

A new era of monthly challenges has begun...
Private JamesKer1

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:46 am

JamesKer1 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:I think this could use an update. I think the Flat Rate and Escalating sections are pretty good just as they are, but the No Spoils and Nuclear sections could be rewritten to be a little more readable. Also, we need a whole new section for Zombie spoils.

Escalating spoils will need to be updated as well to incorporate the increasing escalating rule that's been added.

That's true.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Return to Conquer Club Discussion