Conquer Club

Another Battle Royal request: Hide it

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Another Battle Royal request: Hide it

Postby Dalixam on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Suggestion: A tab for Battle Royals.

Battle Royal takes up more than one "screen height" on many screens.

Today I joined my second BR. The first has gone to round two (almost three). That means over time - and using my unique statics skills - that there can be more than 10 active BR at a time*. I would like to see my BR games in a tab next to "Active games" (Active Battle Royals?) so they won't take up huge amount of space on the active games tab.
Any game where I can take my turn should of course be on the primary list - otherwise we'd see way too many drop-outs...

* people get killed and will be faster at the end, but still...

What do you think? Am I completely off-base here? :) My first suggestion ever, so please do correct me if I've done something wrong :)
Lieutenant Dalixam

Re: Another Battle Royal request: Hide it

Postby blakebowling on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 am

There are actually 33 BR's going right now. http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?s ... tle+Royale

I could go either way on this suggestion. I don't personally mind them being in the same spot, but it won't hurt me to move them either.
Private blakebowling

Postby zimmah on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:34 am

Moving them would indeed be nice, they take up lots of space in the active games.

Of course when it is you're turn they should pop in the active games list. Also hiding dead players would help.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby Gilligan on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:20 am

As long as it would still get jumped to, even though it's in a different section. I'd rather scroll down a bit than miss the game for forgetting (Mind you I've scrolled for game 1000001 for the past 4 years)
Major Gilligan

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:59 am

zimmah wrote:Moving them would indeed be nice, they take up lots of space in the active games.

Of course when it is you're turn they should pop in the active games list. Also hiding dead players would help.

Auto-hiding dead players would help, a spoiler for players in BR games would help. Either of these require more distinct coding just for BR games. Likewise, a separate tab, but I kind of like it being on the my games tab. I don't think that I would want it separate. Finally, in freestyle BR's, I kind of like that it takes up so much space, so that it immediately draws my attention when I'm up.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:20 pm

It is kind of annoying how much space it takes up I guess but it's not so much that it really bothers me. Like someone else said, I would rather that than miss my turn which comes up approximately once a month.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:57 am

I don't mind it so much when I'm not taking a turn from my phone ... then it's really annoying. But the flip side of that is that when I'm on my phone is also when I don't want to be having to navigate to multiple tabs to see my games.
Colonel agentcom

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:35 pm

I can see how it can be tedious for someone with a large game count.... I'd support this if it moves back into Active when its your turn in the game.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby IcePack on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 pm

trinicardinal wrote:I can see how it can be tedious for someone with a large game count.... I'd support this if it moves back into Active when its your turn in the game.

This
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:12 pm

This [EDIT] would might be a different suggestion, but what about just hiding the players for those games? The only downside I see is for freestyle since people may want to quickly see who has played. But even then, the chances that you can remember from one check to another who has played (enough that you don't have to go into the game anyway to check the board) I feel are low. That would keep the game on your main screen but take away all the extra players that are really the source of the problem.
Colonel agentcom

Postby jghost7 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:16 am

zimmah wrote:Moving them would indeed be nice, they take up lots of space in the active games.

What if , instead of popping back into the games list, the tab would pop to the front like the invite tab does when you have a pending invite. I think that would be a good indication that you are up in a BR....

thanks,

J
Major jghost7

Postby MegaProphet on Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 pm

agentcom wrote:This [EDIT] would might be a different suggestion, but what about just hiding the players for those games? The only downside I see is for freestyle since people may want to quickly see who has played. But even then, the chances that you can remember from one check to another who has played (enough that you don't have to go into the game anyway to check the board) I feel are low. That would keep the game on your main screen but take away all the extra players that are really the source of the problem.

I think hiding the players would work well.
I also think auto hiding dead players within the game is a must.
Corporal MegaProphet

Return to Suggestions