Conquer Club

Show cards "Indicators" even if you don't have a set.

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Show cards "Indicators" even if you don't have a set.

Postby maxfaraday on Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:00 pm

Concise description:
  • In a game with cards, one could be able to see which cards/territories he owns on the map, even if he has no set

Specifics/Details:
  • Some keyboard shortcut to show you what cards/territories you own, like "i" for indicators, that would trigger the highlight on the territories you own, same way it does when you have a set

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It would be very useful on maps one doesn't know (everybody knows where Berlin or Manilla are, but on other maps...), especially in nuclear games (and, to a lesser extend, flat and esc games)
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Re: Show cards "Indicators" even if you don't have a set.

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:18 am

This should be merged with "implement BOB as standard".
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby agentcom on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:57 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:This should be merged with "implement BOB as standard".

That's the problem with BOB, it's such a great tool with so many features, I'm not sure how to handle it. I would guess that implementation of BOB features would occur one by one (if at all).

For the OP, what Doom is talking about is an add-on that is available that does what you want. Not as good as a site implemented solution, IMO, but it's the workaround that is available currently.

It can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=527&t=161049
Colonel agentcom

Postby maxfaraday on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 pm

agentcom wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:This should be merged with "implement BOB as standard".

That's the problem with BOB, it's such a great tool with so many features, I'm not sure how to handle it. I would guess that implementation of BOB features would occur one by one (if at all).

For the OP, what Doom is talking about is an add-on that is available that does what you want. Not as good as a site implemented solution, IMO, but it's the workaround that is available currently.

It can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=527&t=161049

Yeah I know about BOB, actually used it before, but I typically play on my netbook, and I don't want all the additional things on the screen.
Like I said, what I would like to see implemented is a keyboard shortcut that would toggle on and off the highlight on the territories/cards I own.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby JeopardyTempest on Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I have long desired such highlighting. I am commonly spending long periods of time searching out places, even on maps that I have played a fair bit. With abbreviations and multiple similarly named territories on some maps, it's almost a necessity desire for me. And likewise, I think it'd be useful enough to be standard, and probably not require much additional programming.
Lieutenant JeopardyTempest

Return to Archived Suggestions