Untrusted players

Postby PapaGeek on Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Concise description:
  • Place a flag next to the names of the players that you don't trust

Specifics/Details:
  • Create a way for each player to flag those players that they do not trust

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • As it stands now, if a player stabs you in the back, or breaks a truce:
  • Your only real option is to make that player a foe which blocks them from joining any games you are already in
  • This also stops you from joining games they are already in
  • You might want to join games that include "untrusted" players
  • Knowing a player can't be trusted could give you an advantage, you don't trust them, but you know they will probably do things wrong against others!
  • You wait for that to happen and start the in-fighting and take advantage of it
  • It would be nice to have a flag next to those names in the player list
  • This could be expanded into a personal rating list where you could rate each player as you play them, good guy, bad guy, trusted, not trusted, etc., but just a single flag for each player
Lieutenant PapaGeek

Re: Untrusted players

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Hey there!

You can still join games with people that you have foed -- only the opposite is true: a foe cannot join a game that you are in.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby PapaGeek on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Thanks for that added info, but I’d still like a way to “flag” various players. For example, a way to change the color of the star that separates their names from the ranking value in the player list.

I keep a file on my PC that tells me the players that I can trust and the one’s that I know can’t be trusted. As a new game starts I check my list (to keep with the season: to see who is naughty and nice), and plan my strategy around that.

If there is a “naughty” player, I don’t agree to or try to make truces with them, and sit back and wait for them to upset someone else and start a private “I’ll get even” battle.

I do this now in a separate file, it would be nice to look at the player list and see red and green stars, and other colors as each player chooses to use that feature.

But this thread is not getting a lot of replies, so we may never see that!
Lieutenant PapaGeek

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:09 pm

There's also the option of your gameplay tags and note you can leave. Maybe you could also utilize those?

BMO

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:12 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:There's also the option of your gameplay tags and note you can leave. Maybe you could also utilize those?

BMO

How could he without going through two tons of ratings see who he has tagged what? The rating system needs a serious update.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:46 pm

Gillipig wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:There's also the option of your gameplay tags and note you can leave. Maybe you could also utilize those?

BMO

How could he without going through two tons of ratings see who he has tagged what? The rating system needs a serious update.

To be fair, this was his post:

PapaGeek wrote:Thanks for that added info, but I’d still like a way to “flag” various players. For example, a way to change the color of the star that separates their names from the ranking value in the player list.

I keep a file on my PC that tells me the players that I can trust and the one’s that I know can’t be trusted. As a new game starts I check my list (to keep with the season: to see who is naughty and nice), and plan my strategy around that.

If there is a “naughty” player, I don’t agree to or try to make truces with them, and sit back and wait for them to upset someone else and start a private “I’ll get even” battle.

I do this now in a separate file, it would be nice to look at the player list and see red and green stars, and other colors as each player chooses to use that feature.

So the tag system already in place for ratings could well be an option for what he's looking for.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Gillipig on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

BMO

PapaGeek wrote:Thanks for that added info, but I’d still like a way to “flag” various players. For example, a way to change the color of the star that separates their names from the ranking value in the player list.

So the tag system already in place for ratings could well be an option for what he's looking for.

How does the current system of rating players give him that?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Symmetry on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

BMO

How does the current system of rating players give him that?

It has tags that he can give for honorable/dishonarable tactics. Backstabber, for example could go into his system as an untrustworthy tag. He could flag them via that method.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am

Additionally, on each members profile you can leave a not. Borrowed from PapaGeek's profile:

Any note left here can be more than just flagging, I think. I agree though -- the ratings system should probably be rehauled.

BMO

Postby JCR on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:27 am

at the very least make the ratings page searchable. I like the suggestion to a degree. The ratings system is more or less meaningless these days unless a player is very low. 4.0 or less. which is supposed to be above average.
Major JCR

Postby Gillipig on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:22 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Additionally, on each members profile you can leave a not. Borrowed from PapaGeek's profile:

Any note left here can be more than just flagging, I think. I agree though -- the ratings system should probably be rehauled.

BMO

*note

Within the current system, adding a note to a players profile page is probably the best way to do what papageek wanted. An overhaul would be great! Provided that it's the right type of overhaul of course ;). One thing I've suggested is that the three most common tags for each player should show up on their profile page. So if you've been rated most as "quick", "friendly" and "deadbeat" it will be listed after your rating score. Like this:

4.6 *Star* Quick, Friendly, Deadbeat
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby maxfaraday on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:02 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Additionally, on each members profile you can leave a not. Borrowed from PapaGeek's profile:

BMO

Yeah, but you to add them to either your foe list or your friends list, while you don't necessarily want to.

I support the suggestion.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Return to Archived Suggestions