Conquer Club

Sticky/Frequently played maps for Game Finder

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Sticky/Frequently played maps for Game Finder

Postby s1mparoo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:57 am

Concise description:
  • Ability to highlight X number of maps when using the game finder to sticky your most played/favorites.

Specifics/Details:
  • I love playing a handful of maps but it's an annoyance to find them using the game finder because to search multiple maps you have to scroll through and control+click. So going from Classic to Eurasia to Thyseneal, ad infinitum, and searching all of the selections is a hassle. I would love to have a "favorite map" option that I can add a bunch of maps to, then search all of them with the settings I choose.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Allows players to be able to quickly search their favorite/most played maps instead of having to scroll through the long list and control+click their combination
Corporal s1mparoo

Re: Sticky/Frequently played maps for Game Finder

Postby rdsrds2120 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:08 am

Hmm..instead of just having a category for "Favorite", how about customized categories (Favorite Large, Europe Maps, Trench Maps, Clan Maps, etc.) that you can name, then "Add/Drop" to/from?

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:02 am

Maprank lets you do this?
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:22 am

Mapranks does let you do that, for particular settings as well. But it would be nice to have something in gamefinder itself, since maprank isn't officially supported..
Sergeant 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby s1mparoo on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:17 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:Hmm..instead of just having a category for "Favorite", how about customized categories (Favorite Large, Europe Maps, Trench Maps, Clan Maps, etc.) that you can name, then "Add/Drop" to/from?

BMO

Yeah that's another good idea and would work too.

iamkoolerthanu wrote:Mapranks does let you do that, for particular settings as well. But it would be nice to have something in gamefinder itself, since maprank isn't officially supported..

Apologies, I didn't know. But seeing something that is officially supported/default I think could help those users unaware of addons to be able to sort maps better. Also I don't feel like having to downgrade my Firefox for MapRank to work since it's not supported by updated versions of FF =\
Corporal s1mparoo

Return to Suggestions