Conquer Club

Break up the Conquer medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Break up the Conquer medal

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:33 am

If this happens the conqueror medal will lose it's meaning to some extent but I guess otherwise I'm not opposed.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby agentcom on Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:47 pm

greenoaks wrote:i suggested something like that here.

if you break it up then the score for each setting needs to be calculated independantly of the score for every other setting. that way it is not possible to bomb a stack of Assassin games to lower your score to make a run at No. 1 Terminator.

The two suggestions, as I understand them, are identical; except that you wanted a point reset, which I think is outside the bounds of realistic expectations.

------------------------

As for the whole win percentage idea, I don't think that's a good idea. On top of it being a relatively useless metric, IMO, I think folks are right that there would be even more incentive to farm than there is now. Additionally, the threshold should be set very high so that someone can't come in and win 18/20 games by luck and remain at the top of the scoreboard forever. Perhaps one fix, if you went with that and wanted to keep the threshold low would be like the current scoreboard rules, where you have to have finished a game in the last 30 days to qualify. But I think that's another topic for another suggestion.

-----------------------

Finally, I like the idea of having different nomenclature ("King of XXX") than Conqueror. Kind of a neat tweak.
Colonel agentcom

Postby torres44cm on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:09 pm

Some awesome suggestions, been due for a long time, but to add some input, keeping with smegal69 idea, could have a playoff at the end of the year with all the qualified catergory leaders, similair to Nascar maybe , top 20 play for Conquer Medal, using multpile maps/setting winner takes the Conquer Crown for the year? this way anyone who might have tried to manipulate the system, has to play to prove they earned it in the Championship!
Captain torres44cm

Postby Armandolas on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:02 pm

nicestash wrote:The only problem I can see with that is implementing it- does everyone go back to 0 or is every score recalculated (and how?).

I dont think we need to separate scores
The conqueror should still be the overall board leader.The guy with most points
I just think that we could also have an assasin leaderboard, nuke,trench and so on. There you have the king of FS, King of nukes etc
Colonel Armandolas

Previous

Return to Suggestions