Conquer Club

[UI] Adjust Position of Phase Action Buttons

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Re: I want the ACTION buttons/dropdowns on TOP!!! And NO Header.

Postby paulk on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 pm

wolfpack0530 wrote:i like the idea, but it may be tricky to implement with BOB. All of the BOB menus pop up at the top and the map is 12 pages down on the screen lol.

Of course it would be made so that only the action buttons/dropdowns would be on top. All BOB stuff goes under the map.
Major paulk

Postby Tupence on Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:59 pm

paulk wrote:
wolfpack0530 wrote:i like the idea, but it may be tricky to implement with BOB. All of the BOB menus pop up at the top and the map is 12 pages down on the screen lol.

Of course it would be made so that only the action buttons/dropdowns would be on top. All BOB stuff goes under the map.

In that case many players would be constantly scrolling down to look at BOB, then up to make each move, meaning that taking your turn would be a slower process than before.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby paulk on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:52 pm

I have BOB.

I look at it when I analyze the game, how many troops I get, and how many troops the enemy get, etc.

But after deciding for an attack plan and doing my moves I don't need to look at it.

Do you?
Major paulk

Postby Tupence on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:58 pm

paulk wrote:I have BOB.

I look at it when I analyze the game, how many troops I get, and how many troops the enemy get, etc.

But after deciding for an attack plan and doing my moves I don't need to look at it.

Do you?

I do sometimes, to check how many territories a player has left, or to re-evaluate things if the dice haven't gone my way.
Important Tournament Notice

The data for ALL of my tournaments has potentially been lost. I am working to recover it but as I am away on business all of this week, there will be some delay. Sincere apologies.
Private Tupence

Postby paulk on Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Exactly! Sometimes.

A simple change of the site design would make the constant need to scroll* just a bad memory.

*unless you use minimized maps and F11
Major paulk

double click

Postby eddie2 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:35 am

any chance of having the advance troup button moved because realy starting to pee me off when you double click because of a lag. it stuffs your attack up. same as the end reinforment button have them in different places on the screen.
Lieutenant eddie2

Re: double click

Postby jaimito101 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:47 am

blehh this is getting old eddie, everyday you have something new to whine about :roll:
Colonel jaimito101

Postby Streaker on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:10 am

jaimito101 wrote:blehh this is getting old eddie, everyday you have something new to whine about :roll:

Seconded.

At the very least I'm noticing the '.' here and there...

Why don't you start a usergroup eddie? I'm sure you can find enough people so you can make these posts in a private forum.
Captain Streaker

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:30 am

I may be mistaken, but I think one of our user-created plugins has a "Confirmation" button to prevent you from miss-clicking. viewforum.php?f=59

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby AAFitz on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:40 am

All wrong answers so far.

There is an auto advance button!

Hold "alt" when hitting "b" with clickies.

this is a very under advertised feature. I only found it myself just recently. Be warned though, you will probably auto-advance into the wrong spot and cost yourself more games, than you lose by the half a second loss of double clicking.

It has its uses though.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby karelpietertje on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:58 am

AAFitz wrote:All wrong answers so far.

this is a very under advertised feature. I only found it myself just recently. Be warned though, you will probably auto-advance into the wrong spot and cost yourself more games, than you lose by the half a second loss of double clicking.

It has its uses though.

Unlike you said, AndyDufresne had an excellent answer.
There is indeed a script with which you get confirmations when making actions.

eddie,
With Clickable Maps you can specify exactly which things to ask a confirmation for!
If you have any questions on how to install this or how to set the confirmations on or off, just give me a shout ;)

Also Fitzy, I think you meant holding Alt when right-clicking a territory when you were talking about Auto-Advancing. "b" begins a turn, as you know :D
Major karelpietertje

Postby eddie2 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:34 am

ok thanks for responses bottom half jamito and streaker if you cant come up with somthing decent to say stay out of it.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby AAFitz on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:57 am

karelpietertje wrote:
AAFitz wrote:All wrong answers so far.

It has its uses though.

Unlike you said, AndyDufresne had an excellent answer.
There is indeed a script with which you get confirmations when making actions.

eddie,
With Clickable Maps you can specify exactly which things to ask a confirmation for!
If you have any questions on how to install this or how to set the confirmations on or off, just give me a shout ;)

Also Fitzy, I think you meant holding Alt when right-clicking a territory when you were talking about Auto-Advancing. "b" begins a turn, as you know :D

Nope, Andys answer was still wrong, or more precisely, he was answering the wrong question. His question was "can there be an auto advance button, to keep from getting the error message because of double clicks and lag". Having the confirmation turned on, would only make him go slower.

As far as hitting ALT with "b" as I suggested... well, that's just stupid.

Hold ALT when right clicking to auto advance.

Holding ALT and hitting B with be will likely activate something in your computer menu, as I often do by accident.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Move Action bar to right of map

Postby Grifter on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:55 pm

Concise description:
Allow a player to have the "Action" box displayed to the right of the map instead of below it.

Specifics/Details:
  • The Action box contains the buttons for starting a turn, making moves, and reinforcements. This is not very wide so it could be displayed to the right of the map instead of below
  • This would be displayed below the player stats if they are present.
  • Add a Game setting so players can choose where the Action bar is displayed.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Most people have wide screen laptops or monitors so they have room to the right for this
  • Saves having to scroll up or down to view the map and Action
Lieutenant Grifter

Re: Move Action bar to right of map

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm

I actually like this :) Got my support.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

separate location of end assaults button + end fort button

Postby clowncar on Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Have the "end assaults" button and the "end reinforcements" in very different locations

Concise description:
  • Perhaps I have a happy trigger finger or occasionally "lag" and I double click when I hit the "end assaults" button. The "end reinforcements" button appears right where the "end assaults" button was causing me to end the turn with forting

Specifics/Details:
  • Move the "end reinforcements" button to a location where a double click does not cause the turn to end

• This benefits the site because the goal is to have competitive games based on strategy while having fun. The current mechanics of the "end assaults" and "end reinforcements" buttons in the same location causes the occasional missed fortification opportunity thus making the game less competitive and less fun

As you can see, I cannot even point and click so forgive me if I have filled out the form incorrectly or if this issue has already been raised. Thanks for listening regardless of whether this is deemed needing of fixing or is easily fixable.
Sergeant 1st Class clowncar

Re: separate location of end assaults button + end fort butt

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:26 am

I used to favor this kind of idea years ago, but instead I learned to try and relax while playing my turn. You'd be less likely to click the wrong buttons, and it'll make you a better player anyway.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby clowncar on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Different people double click for different reasons. I use a laptop when I travel without a mouse.. use the touchpad and keys. The double clicking happens all the time, not just when doing CC. I guess it effects few people so it isn't worth the time to fix maybe... but it is definitely a horrible design to have them one on top of the other.
Sergeant 1st Class clowncar

Postby clangfield on Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Agreed - fallen foul of this more than once :( Not sure where it would go though...
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:45 pm

IIRC, try clicking on the far left or far right side of End Assault. I think if you double-click, you'll miss the End Reinforcement button.

(I could definitely be wrong about this. The End Rein. might be too large, but I remember something like this working for me when my mouse was broken).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Separate the Auto assault and End assault buttons

Postby Tennisie on Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:01 pm

The Auto assault and End assault buttons are adjacent and should be separated:

• Helps to prevent accidentally clicking on the wrong button and incurring certain disaster.
Colonel Tennisie

Re: Separate the Auto assault and End assault buttons

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:46 am

I agree.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby hotfire on Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:11 am

been there done that
Colonel hotfire

Postby IcePack on Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Not sure what your playing (desktop tablet mobile) or interface (panel on / off)
But on mine there's already a huge gap betwen them.
Captain IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:23 pm

IcePack wrote:Not sure what your playing (desktop tablet mobile) or interface (panel on / off)
But on mine there's already a huge gap betwen them.

I've got Panels, FF30, Win XP, on a desktop. They're immediately adjacent.

Don't remember for sure now if they were on non-Panel mode, but I think they're adjacent there, too.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Previous

Return to Archived Suggestions