Conquer Club

Get bigwham to explain what he has in mind with conquer star

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Get bigwham to explain what he has in mind with conquer star

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:02 pm

I still don t get it. No one seems to get it.
All I know is that the mods know that bigwham has something big in mind with those.
I don t know anyone who cares about them. And no, entering certain tourneys isn t a good excuse.
Could you guys at least create a leaderboard or something? Anyway, it basically promotes the most prolific players no matter how bad they are.

But a nice little interview of bigwham in the next dispatch where he could speak his mind regarding his invention would be very interesting.
Major betiko

Re: Get bigwham to explain what he has in mind with conquer

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Big Wham was interviewed in Issue 110 of the Dispatch:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=430&t=200777

It's a bit soon to do it again.

But it's doubtful he would put your mind at ease anyway. BW isn't afraid to talk about the details of things, but when it comes to the big picture he likes things to be a surprise.

Just stop this anal pretending-to-disdain-stars-while-secretly-obsessing-about-them behaviour. If you genuinely don't care about them, then stop talking about them every 15 minutes.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:12 pm

did somebody say anal?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Big Wham was interviewed in Issue 110 of the Dispatch:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=430&t=200777

It's a bit soon to do it again.

But it's doubtful he would put your mind at ease anyway. BW isn't afraid to talk about the details of things, but when it comes to the big picture he likes things to be a surprise.

Just stop this anal pretending-to-disdain-stars-while-secretly-obsessing-about-them behaviour. If you genuinely don't care about them, then stop talking about them every 15 minutes.

I am actually never participating in stuff to gain stars. Please allow me to question their interest, and no i don t know anyone thinking they are of any use.
BW is trying out stuff which is good, but when something is quite sloppy from my point of view and many other people's, I think I have the right to open a suggestion thread to ask to make this thing interesting. The attribution system is very bad and gives very little value with so much randomess.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:29 pm

If you have a suggestion for how to use/improve the inventory function feel free to share it.
Captain spiesr

Postby Serbia on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:42 am

spiesr wrote:If you have a suggestion for how to use/improve the inventory function feel free to share it.

I think that's part of the difficulty. No one really understands their purpose yet, outside of entering auto-tourneys, and because there is still mystery surrounding their eventual use, suggesting a better way to use them isn't all that easy. For me personally, I've just started ignoring them. I don't really care to join auto tournaments at the moment, just out of personal preference, so for me, the stars of of no use. As such, I don't know what else to suggest they're used for.

This isn't meant as a criticism. BW obviously has plans for the stars, which may or may not effect every user, but that's neither good nor bad. I don't see the stars as a negative; those who use them are getting something out of it, those who don't are very much unaffected.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:39 am

Serbia wrote:This isn't meant as a criticism. BW obviously has plans for the stars, which may or may not effect every user, but that's neither good nor bad. I don't see the stars as a negative; those who use them are getting something out of it, those who don't are very much unaffected.

That's not how his development works. There was no master plan in mind when inventory was created. It was created as a framework so that as good ideas come to light, there is a way to implement them. That has been clearly seen with the other things that the inventory is now capable of doing, like the Easter event we're in right now. The conquer stars themselves don't need to ever be useful for more than entering autotournaments; they were there as a way to make the inventory have something upon launch.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:45 pm

The inventory make newbies feel good about their activity on the site because they're having positive feedback from their interaction with it?
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby benga on Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:47 pm

There is tournament where you can get 500$.
Sergeant benga

Postby MoB Deadly on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:00 pm

benga wrote:There is tournament where you can get 500$.

forrealz
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal MoB Deadly

Postby squishyg on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:12 pm

Ah, Team CC members arguing out in the forums for everyone to see. The more things change...
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 pm

squishyg wrote:Ah, Team CC members arguing out in the forums for everyone to see. The more things change...

It's not really an argument. More of a free-wheeling discussion.
Captain Dukasaur
Community Team
Community Team

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
squishyg wrote:Ah, Team CC members arguing out in the forums for everyone to see. The more things change...

Damn. I booked Madison Square Garden for Serbia vs Metsfanmax. Max gets home advantage since this is the Suggestions forum.

FTR, Using inventory for Challenges has been amazing, and I am thankful the system exists.

Basically, bigWham is just trying to establish Conquer Stars as the main currency over Saxibucks. Betiko doesn't understand these things since he doesn't have any saxibucks.
Hunter S. Thompson wrote:The Edge... There is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over..
Major DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 pm

Ah, former Team CC members sniping at current Team CC members for everyone to see. The more things change...

Basically, bigWham is just trying to establish Conquer Stars as the main currency over Saxibucks. Betiko doesn't understand these things since he doesn't have any saxibucks.

I heard a rumor that there will be an official SxBx <-> Conquer Stars exchange coming soon.

Postby squishyg on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:02 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:

Ah, former Team CC members sniping at current Team CC members for everyone to see. The more things change...

I heard a rumor that there will be an official SxBx <-> Conquer Stars exchange coming soon.

How clever you think you are! The difference is that I have consistently criticized Team CC for public bickering.

But how CHARMING to see a Jr. Mint weigh in with such insight.
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:07 pm

squishyg wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

How clever you think you are! The difference is that I have consistently criticized Team CC for public bickering.

But how CHARMING to see a Jr. Mint weigh in with such insight.

Feel free to weigh in -- somewhere else -- if you find an actual instance of Team CC bickering. Back to the discussion at hand, please.

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:21 pm

mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:48 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Damn. I booked Madison Square Garden for Serbia vs Metsfanmax. Max gets home advantage since this is the Suggestions forum.

FTR, Using inventory for Challenges has been amazing, and I am thankful the system exists.

actually this is the best use possible. a conversion rate between conquer stars, saxbucks (there is no such thing as saxibucks) and AOG rubles.
A leaderboard in the OT forum with the ones with the most saxbucks; and people being able to offer stars for saxbucks whenever needed.
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Sat May 10, 2014 7:21 am

A) I had never heard of Saxbucks ... so thanks

B) IMPLEMENTED? http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?m ... ent_id=715
Colonel agentcom

Postby Gweeedo on Sat May 10, 2014 2:08 pm

Would be interesting to have bidding (using Conquer Stars) come into play.
Position, map, options, team mates, victory, mulligans etc.
Sergeant 1st Class Gweeedo

Postby agentcom on Sat May 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Interesting, but I hope CC never has things like that that can change to game
Colonel agentcom

Postby Gweeedo on Sun May 11, 2014 4:58 pm

agentcom wrote:Interesting, but I hope CC never has things like that that can change to game

Yeah, Random game change is always better.

Postby Gweeedo on Sat May 17, 2014 12:29 am

Maybe have CC stars ability to interrupt Foes.

Having a cost associated when foeing/unfoe somebody.

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon May 19, 2014 10:50 am

Serbia wrote:
spiesr wrote:If you have a suggestion for how to use/improve the inventory function feel free to share it.

I think that's part of the difficulty. No one really understands their purpose yet, outside of entering auto-tourneys, and because there is still mystery surrounding their eventual use, suggesting a better way to use them isn't all that easy. For me personally, I've just started ignoring them. I don't really care to join auto tournaments at the moment, just out of personal preference, so for me, the stars of of no use. As such, I don't know what else to suggest they're used for.

This isn't meant as a criticism. BW obviously has plans for the stars, which may or may not effect every user, but that's neither good nor bad. I don't see the stars as a negative; those who use them are getting something out of it, those who don't are very much unaffected.

Bollocks.

Bollocks indeed. +1 to what Serbia says above and here on out.
Sergeant iAmCaffeine

Postby Foxglove on Tue May 20, 2014 11:18 am

Have all of your questions been answered, betiko? :) Are you now open to the mysteries of the universe? Shall I archive this topic? :)
Brigadier Foxglove

Next

Return to Suggestions